PDA

View Full Version : Alternator

shonno
15th August 2011, 02:04 AM
High i was just wondering if anyone had a solution to my problem, my battery isnt charging and the dash light is on, i have put a new battery in and a reco alternator and had the alt checked by a auto elec and he said my alt is working perfect so i cant work it out! can anyone help please

timbar
15th August 2011, 02:08 AM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard

you will get more of a response if you put an Intro up in the Introductions let us know where you are and mabe some pics and some info on your Patrol MOdel Pet/diesel GQ /GU and some Pics we love Pics

join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

nowoolies
15th August 2011, 02:09 AM
g`day mate
put up a intro and a bit about yourself what sort of bus you have ect a couple of piccies
gets people on the right side to start with
plenty of help here

anyroad welcome on board mate

the evil twin
15th August 2011, 04:23 PM
High i was just wondering if anyone had a solution to my problem, my battery isnt charging and the dash light is on, i have put a new battery in and a reco alternator and had the alt checked by a auto elec and he said my alt is working perfect so i cant work it out! can anyone help please

Did the Sparkie check the Alt in suit or did you pull it out and take it to him?

Got a Multimeter? With the engine running, what is the Voltage between the Battery +ve terminal and -ve terminal and also the +ve terminal and alternator body?