PDA

View Full Version : Can't See the Forum with Chrome

BillsGU
23rd October 2023, 10:27 AM
Anyone had this happen before?

When I log onto the forum with Chrome all I get is a column of text. No borders or any sort of formatting. When I log on with edge all is good.

This has just started happening and I have not changed a thing on the computer. Not sure of automatic upgrades though.

I hate using Edge.

Any ideas?

mudnut
23rd October 2023, 12:10 PM
Yep, but it seems to be random. I also get the Resource Limit Is Reached screen, since AB swapped to this new server.

BillsGU
23rd October 2023, 12:17 PM
OK. This has been happening for two days now. I'd like to know what it is and get a permanent fix.

Dhuck
23rd October 2023, 02:09 PM
Have you tried clearing your cookies?

BillsGU
23rd October 2023, 05:20 PM
Have you tried clearing your cookies?

Yep. And cache. Also tried typing the url in rather than from a menu.

Cuppa
23rd October 2023, 07:09 PM
I'm using Brave which is chrome in different clothing & it's working ok. I have had what you describe previously but it seemed to resolve by itself.

BillsGU
24th October 2023, 09:43 AM
I'm using Brave which is chrome in different clothing & it's working ok. I have had what you describe previously but it seemed to resolve by itself.

Hasn't yet but here's hoping. There must be something in the script of this particular forum which is no longer compatible with Chrome. Possibly after an upgrade?

Brissieboy
24th October 2023, 09:49 AM
Yes, I get the same thing in Chrome Version 118.0.5993.89. Works fine in MS Edge.

AB
24th October 2023, 11:00 AM
I know what it is, I need to get a https certificate for the website as Chrome thinks the forum part is not secure.

To bypass this for now, just click on the lock symbol next to the URL of our forum and select "Site Settings"

Then just scroll down to "Insecure content" and allow it as per attached.

growler2058
25th October 2023, 07:23 AM
Anyone had this happen before?

When I log onto the forum with Chrome all I get is a column of text. No borders or any sort of formatting. When I log on with edge all is good.

This has just started happening and I have not changed a thing on the computer. Not sure of automatic upgrades though.

I hate using Edge.

Any ideas?

Same here i thought it was a work thing. Switched browser to edge and all good again

Cuppa
25th October 2023, 05:53 PM
I know what it is, I need to get a https certificate for the website as Chrome thinks the forum part is not secure.

Very few websites without https these days. I got fed up of issues with various browsers on my blog. My internet host provides the SSL certificate for free.

pollenface
25th October 2023, 11:17 PM
You should get a quality browser like Netscape.

BillsGU
26th October 2023, 04:47 PM
AB Thanks for that. All good now.

Woof
26th October 2023, 06:09 PM
About the 10th time it has happened to me as well.............................STOP fine tuning things Andy:cheers: