PDA

View Full Version : Tyre engineering

DylanCary
14th October 2023, 11:03 AM
Hey guys, I’m looking for a mechanic who could take a look at engineering my set of 35 inch tyres or at least tell me what I need to get them engineered, I know they’re a bit difficult to come by so thought I’d jump on here & see if anyone knows any mechanics who might do it.

Preferably between Newcastle- port maquarie nsw. Appreciate any advice [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mudski
15th October 2023, 06:35 PM
You cannot engineer 35’s period. Well the only way is with the use of portal axles which will set you back around 20k.
No VASS approved engineer will pass it. Non VASS will but their certification is not worth the paper it’s written on.
Been there and done this many moons ago.

Don’t waste your time with it.

I take this is for a GQ or GU?

Y62 they are legal without engineering.

DylanCary
15th October 2023, 08:32 PM
You cannot engineer 35’s period. Well the only way is with the use of portal axles which will set you back around 20k.
No VASS approved engineer will pass it. Non VASS will but their certification is not worth the paper it’s written on.
Been there and done this many moons ago.

Don’t waste your time with it.

I take this is for a GQ or GU?

Y62 they are legal without engineering.

Shit that’s a shame, it’s for my y61 gu & it looks absolutely ferrel with 33’s[emoji23] might just have to risk it, thanks a lot though

mudski
16th October 2023, 08:38 AM
Shit that’s a shame, it’s for my y61 gu & it looks absolutely ferrel with 33’s[emoji23] might just have to risk it, thanks a lot though

I run 305/75/R16 tyres, a wider tyre than your run of the mill 295 tyre. Its the largest you can go legally .