PDA

View Full Version : 1998 GU 4.5 Patrol(Death rattle included)

laddy
7th October 2023, 01:56 PM
Hey guys, just posting to be able to download the manual,

Just recently had a cracked rim after what was supposed to be a short track, didn't have my air compressor with me so driving about 2 hours with one wheel half flat had my car bouncing around. I would have changed to my spare but I assumed the wobbling was just the ol' Nissan Patrol death rattle($2500 put into fixing it and still wobbles). So I continued on. Got to a petrol station and pumped up the tyres, realized one was at 15psi. So I took it to a tyre shop and it turns out my rim was cracked, and my axle was leaking diff oil. A couple days later crack, the death rattle was now happening all the time instead of rarely. I limped the poor baby home, put about a litre of diff oil in and decided I needed to fix my seals. Got a kit with bearings, came home jacked the car up only to realise... The hydraulic steering dampner had snapped off it's mount. Which explains why it was wobbling even going 40km. Got that welded back on.. I love my patrol but I hate my patrol.

Just about finished with one side of the swivel hub rebuild, but I need the manual because I don't know what to torque the break caliper and tie rod too.

I also have these two small circular shims with a diameter of 60mm and internal of 50mm. About 1mm thick with two small divets on the internal face, not sure what they're for but I didn't take any out so I guess they're just spares now.

My car is basically the patrol of thesis, is it still 25 years old with all it's parts replaced?

Dhuck
9th October 2023, 02:15 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.