PDA

View Full Version : 1981 Patrol engine Run On problem

Stuart McArthur
31st August 2023, 05:27 PM
Hello, I am new to the Forum and have posted an introduction. I will try not to be long-winded here but I am perplexed. I have a 1981 Nissan Patrol, 4wd station wagon (24 volt with tiger looking stripe). For probably 6 months or more I have had a faulty starter motor but couldn't afford to replace it. After some time the engine wouldn't switch off and there was a clicking solenoid near the battery and a metal rod kept moving forward and backwards on the motor. Upon doing some research I think that rod was attached to an Edict motor???
A locksmith suggested I needed a new ignition barrel which I was able to replace myself. Still the problem existed. The NRMA suggested it may because of trying to start the motor too often (because of faulty starter motor) may be causing a build up of fuel???
Anyway, I finally got the starter motor replaced and that is working properly now, but still have the engine not wanting to turn-off (I have to stall it, but that rod keeps moving) and the mechanic sent it back unfixed.
I have another mechanic with auto- electrician booked next week but would love to give them a heads-up on what the issue might be because it is getting expensive. Any guidance would be very greatly appreciated, your friend, Stuart.

MudRunnerTD
1st September 2023, 06:16 PM
Hi mate, welcome to the forum Do you have any photos f the rod and or the problem. What motor is it running?

Rossco
1st September 2023, 08:39 PM
Sounds like a fuel cut solenoid externally mounted with a rod to the injector pump. . Yeah need to confirm what motor petrol or diesel ?? . .

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

BrazilianY60
2nd September 2023, 03:11 AM
Sounds like a fuel cut solenoid externally mounted with a rod to the injector pump

Sounded like that to me as well. I have a spare silvertop with an inline style pump and it has such motor/rod.

mihit
2nd September 2023, 02:48 PM
Is that a wiper motor?

Man, I want a MQ SD33T!!

Rossco
2nd September 2023, 03:44 PM
Is that a wiper motor?

Man, I want a MQ SD33T!!One day I dream of having (building) a G60 with a SD33T. . . One day. . .[emoji3059]. . .

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk