PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Consumptions TB42 GQ

hellmatic
15th July 2023, 10:36 PM
HI guys, just a quick question, why is the GQ TB42 carby use half a tank to travel about 100kms but if u tow a trailer like car trailer or van loaded it uses 1/4 of the tank? is there somthing different in the tune side, or a module somewhere altering the system, or the mechanically way its built, ive searched and found nothing about it, so thought id ask you guys here :) thanks have a great and safe day

mudnut
15th July 2023, 11:53 PM
Sounds a bit back to front, but check your fuel pump pressure and filter or fuel lines for a restriction. I've seen heavy fuel usage in my EFI falcon when the filter was nearly blocked.

hellmatic
16th July 2023, 06:56 PM
i would thought that also matey, checked them, and everything is fine with no missfires,backfire,slugish on power or anything, its just uses more fuel without towing somthing heavy, and i can never figure it out, and its the same way on my dads Nissan Navara D22 1997 QD32 Duel Cab

MB
16th July 2023, 07:28 PM
Bananas [emoji529] Speak “Matey” [emoji120][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MB
16th July 2023, 07:34 PM
How’s About using your hidden Knowledge to potentially Help out a Young Bloke/Lass in Time to come here Brother……’EGO CAN be a dirty SkyHook’ [emoji23]

hellmatic
16th July 2023, 09:19 PM
hahah thanks everyone, just thought to try and understand why this happens, could there be somthing in the tuning of the engine, or the way the carby is or even a module placed somewhere that alters somthing, or even the timing of the engine, that makes it perform better at a certain degree angle under load, that makes it more efficient when pulling

MB
16th July 2023, 09:40 PM
DO Tell Old Mate [emoji23][emoji736][emoji106][emoji106]

mudnut
17th July 2023, 01:27 PM
Maybe check the vacuum advance diaphragm. If it has a hole or small tear, it might only be doing half a job.

BrazilianY60
17th July 2023, 11:39 PM
Maybe check the vacuum advance diaphragm. If it has a hole or small tear, it might only be doing half a job.

Nice catch Mudnut. This makes sense as an engine with less of an advance surelly burns fuel worse than a properly advanced one. If for whatever reason the vacuum advance is working under heavy load but not at light load, that could be it.

MB
18th July 2023, 10:57 PM
My Deepest Apologies hellmatic Mate [emoji120][emoji120] I must’ve had my Tin-Foil hat on again [emoji51] [emoji22]

hellmatic
21st July 2023, 08:02 PM
no harm or anything buddy, i appreciate any help even the most wakkiest idea's, ive just been in a hellish pickle lately with Life side so havent had chance to respond, and it could be that side of the vaccuum not working as hard, its just strange just uses less fuel under load and as much as it wants to chew without a load or weight making the engine work, so any ideas im glad for, im a bit of a nut myself MB so dont worry lol, ive got nothing against anyone :D thankyou for all the ideas and options to look into and see if anything of that side might need replace or even repair, who knows just havent had time to start on it yet so once i do ill try let you all know