PDA

View Full Version : Strange things

stelf1
13th August 2011, 01:39 PM
i was driving around yesterday and i noticed a noise coming from my front right wheel it sounds like a brake squealing but my foot is not on the break and the hand break is not on it is not a constant noise it might do it for a minute and then stop and not do it for 10-15 mins and then do it again if anyone has any ideas of what it could be or has experienced this before any help would be greatly appreciated.
cheers
Matt

Sir Roofy
13th August 2011, 01:52 PM
i was driving around yesterday and i noticed a noise coming from my front right wheel it sounds like a brake squealing but my foot is not on the break and the hand break is not on it is not a constant noise it might do it for a minute and then stop and not do it for 10-15 mins and then do it again if anyone has any ideas of what it could be or has experienced this before any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
matt

depending on what your driving most likely you are wanting new brake pads

stelf1
13th August 2011, 01:55 PM
ill try putting some new pads in it but i dont quite understand how it could be them if the noise is happening without the brakes being applied but thanks for the help ill go get some pads and try it

NissanGQ4.2
13th August 2011, 02:46 PM
this thead might help Matt

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1297-a-squeaky-noise-from-right-hand-wheel&p=22384

Finly Owner
13th August 2011, 10:57 PM
On brake calipers, factory fitted is a wear indicator plate. When your pads wear, they rub on your disc, making an annoying squealing scraping noise even when brakes are not applied if they are worn that far down.

Tim

stelf1
20th August 2011, 05:42 PM
thanks for all the help guys turns out it was the brake pad wear indicators so had them replaced cars working good again