PDA

View Full Version : Brain teasers

Pages : [1] 2

Bob
13th August 2011, 10:26 AM
Ok Here is a thread that you can post Brain Teasers or answer them.
Anybody can Post a Teaser

I will start with the following:

What do the following words have in common?

Assess
Banana
Dresser
Grammar
Potato
Revive
Uneven
Voodoo

Wulfen
13th August 2011, 10:50 AM
they all have two pairs of letters?

aSSeSS, bANANa drESSEr, grAMMAr, pOTaTO, rEViVE, uNEvEN, vOOdOO

Bob
13th August 2011, 12:32 PM
they all have two pairs of letters?

aSSeSS, bANANa drESSEr, grAMMAr, pOTaTO, rEViVE, uNEvEN, vOOdOO

no...................

Bob
13th August 2011, 12:35 PM
A new house is built in a location where it's impossible to have a northerly view. A bear walks past a window. What colour is the bear?

White House at North Pole

Bob
13th August 2011, 12:36 PM
You're driving a bus around Australia. 13 passenger get on in Melbourne. 8 get off in Sydney and another 9 get on. In Brisbane 3 passengers get off and another 14 get on. In Darwin 4 get off and 2 get on. In Perth 8 get off and 6 get on. In Adelaide 15 get off and 8 get on. The bus arrives back in Melbourne where 7 people get off.

What was the bus driver's name?

Fred...........

Bob
13th August 2011, 01:09 PM
No. Try again.

D*&%k Head it was Bob. God I am dense LOL
You dont have to agree RAFLMAO

chester
13th August 2011, 03:23 PM
Rich people don't need it

Poor people have it

If you eat it you die

What is it?

growler2058
13th August 2011, 07:03 PM

Assess
Banana
Dresser
Grammar
Potato
Revive
Uneven
Voodoo

Theyre in alphabetical order

growler2058
13th August 2011, 07:06 PM
Not my own but is a good one:

What is it that the person who makes it doesn't need it. The person who buys it does not need it for themselves and the person who uses it doesn't know it?
OHHH my head hurts! What is it

growler2058
13th August 2011, 07:18 PM
AHHHH Got it a coffin

Finly Owner
13th August 2011, 10:16 PM
A new house is built in a location where it's impossible to have a northerly view. A bear walks past a window. What colour is the bear?white

Tim

Finly Owner
13th August 2011, 10:19 PM
You're driving a bus around Australia. 13 passenger get on in Melbourne. 8 get off in Sydney and another 9 get on. In Brisbane 3 passengers get off and another 14 get on. In Darwin 4 get off and 2 get on. In Perth 8 get off and 6 get on. In Adelaide 15 get off and 8 get on. The bus arrives back in Melbourne where 7 people get off.

What was the bus driver's name?
finly owner

Tim

Finly Owner
13th August 2011, 10:21 PM
Rich people don't need it

Poor people have it

If you eat it you die

What is it?
nothing

Tim

Finly Owner
13th August 2011, 10:23 PM
Not my own but is a good one:

What is it that the person who makes it doesn't need it. The person who buys it does not need it for themselves and the person who uses it doesn't know it?
surplus?

Tim

Finly Owner
13th August 2011, 10:24 PM
surplus?

Tim
bugger just saw answer

Tim

Bob
14th August 2011, 09:26 AM
Theyre in alphabetical order

no.............................

Bob
14th August 2011, 09:35 AM
Yours is a hard one Bob!! Can you give us a hint?

You need to shift one letter in each word

Maxhead
14th August 2011, 09:38 AM

Assess
Banana
Dresser
Grammar
Potato
Revive
Uneven
Voodoo

Take the first letter off, put it at the end, and you have the same word spelt backwards :)

Bob
14th August 2011, 09:40 AM
Take the first letter off, put it at the end, and you have the same word spelt backwards :)

Give the Man a Banana. Great effort

growler2058
14th August 2011, 09:41 AM
Thats what i was gunna say hahahahhahahahahahaha

Bob
14th August 2011, 09:55 AM
What is the word that has 1 syllable, but when you add 1 letter to the end, it becomes 3 syllables?

Maxhead
14th August 2011, 10:09 AM
What is the word that has 1 syllable, but when you add 1 letter to the end, it becomes 3 syllables?

Hmmm, Thinking..thinking..even my missus can't work this one out...hhhmmmm

Maxhead
14th August 2011, 11:36 AM
Rode + o.

You watching it on tv too Bob? Haha just sitting here watching it and it just occurred to me!!

haha, that was easy, I'm quarter way through the dictionary .lOLOL

Bob
14th August 2011, 11:47 AM
Rode + o.

You watching it on tv too Bob? Haha just sitting here watching it and it just occurred to me!!

That works so is correct but I was thinking ARE + A

Bob
14th August 2011, 11:54 AM
Complete the words below using three consecutive letters in alphabetical order, e.g. _ _ A _ U S; add A B and C it would become ABACUS.

1. F _ _ R I _,

2. T H I _ _ _,

3. A _ U _ _ A,

4. _ _ _ I N E,

5. A _ _ _ T E,

6. _ _ _ A C K.

Bob
14th August 2011, 11:59 AM
Tom and his wife went to a local club to have dinner and see a show. They had been eating their meal and watching the show when Tom started losing voluntary control over most of his body. His legs, arms, back and chest became tense. His facial muscles squeezed upwards. His stomach muscles and diaphragm began to spasm. His heart began to race and his blood pressure rose quickly. Yet nobody did anything for him and no medical attention was given. Why not?

Maxhead
14th August 2011, 12:07 PM
Tom and his wife went to a local club to have dinner and see a show. They had been eating their meal and watching the show when Tom started losing voluntary control over most of his body. His legs, arms, back and chest became tense. His facial muscles squeezed upwards. His stomach muscles and diaphragm began to spasm. His heart began to race and his blood pressure rose quickly. Yet nobody did anything for him and no medical attention was given. Why not?

was he laughing?

Bob
14th August 2011, 12:33 PM
was he laughing?

yes.............................

Bob
14th August 2011, 12:33 PM
Fabric
Thirst
Alumna
Define
Astute
Hijack

you are correct

Bob
14th August 2011, 12:47 PM
A steam train is heading directly north at 100km/h. The wind is blowing from east to west at 50km/h. What direction does the smoke blow?

south west

Bob
14th August 2011, 12:57 PM
I've been drawn by the artists these days, and of old;
Yet I'm seen only when all around me is cold.

For most of the time you just live and ignore me;
Then you gasp for me, stop for me, mutter below me.

You might say, in surprise, I've been taken away,
But it's true I've been with you, at least 'til today.

When I leave you, you leave too!

Who am I?

Bob
14th August 2011, 12:58 PM
Actually, this may be true straight out of the stack, but looking for general direction of the smoke.

upwards....

YNOT
14th August 2011, 01:01 PM
I've been drawn by the artists these days, and of old;
Yet I'm seen only when all around me is cold.

For most of the time you just live and ignore me;
Then you gasp for me, stop for me, mutter below me.

You might say, in surprise, I've been taken away,
But it's true I've been with you, at least 'til today.

When I leave you, you leave too!

Who am I?

Your breath.

Tony

Bob
14th August 2011, 01:03 PM
Your breath.

Tony

Yep you are right Tony

Bob
14th August 2011, 01:06 PM
My breath.

a little bit late again mate lol

Bob
14th August 2011, 01:09 PM
A farmer challenges an engineer, a physicist, and a mathematician to fence off the largest amount of area using the least amount of fence.

The engineer made his fence in a circle and said it was the most efficient.

The physicist made a long line and said that the length was infinite. Then he said that fencing half of the Earth was the best.

The mathematician laughed at the others and with his design, beat the others. What did he do?

Bob
14th August 2011, 01:10 PM
Seriously, I need to stop repeating the answer!

still working on your Teaser

Bob
14th August 2011, 01:58 PM
Don't think about it too hard or you'll get it wrong.

Try West as once smoke has exited Smoke Stack the Direction of the Train is irrelevant

Bob
14th August 2011, 02:06 PM
You are on your way to visit your Grandma, who lives at the end of the valley. It's her birthday, and you want to give her the cakes you've made.

Between your house and her house, you have to cross 7 bridges, and as it goes in the land of make believe, there is a troll under every bridge! Each troll, quite rightly, insists that you pay a troll toll. Before you can cross their bridge, you have to give them half of the cakes you are carrying, but as they are kind trolls, they each give you back a single cake.

How many cakes do you have to leave home with to make sure that you arrive at Grandma's with exactly 2 cakes?

growler2058
14th August 2011, 02:12 PM
You are on your way to visit your Grandma, who lives at the end of the valley. It's her birthday, and you want to give her the cakes you've made.

Between your house and her house, you have to cross 7 bridges, and as it goes in the land of make believe, there is a troll under every bridge! Each troll, quite rightly, insists that you pay a troll toll. Before you can cross their bridge, you have to give them half of the cakes you are carrying, but as they are kind trolls, they each give you back a single cake.

How many cakes do you have to leave home with to make sure that you arrive at Grandma's with exactly 2 cakes?

8 cakes???????

Bob
14th August 2011, 02:13 PM
8 cakes???????

no....................

Bob
14th August 2011, 02:15 PM
2 cakes............

That was quick. Have a Cake RAFLMAO

Bob
14th August 2011, 02:17 PM
A farmer challenges an engineer, a physicist, and a mathematician to fence off the largest amount of area using the least amount of fence.

The physicist made a long line and said that the length was infinite. Then he said that fencing half of the Earth was the best.

The mathematician laughed at the others and with his design, beat the others. What did he do?

This one is still outstanding

belzi82
14th August 2011, 03:35 PM

The mathematician made a small fence around himself and said he was on the outside.

Bob
14th August 2011, 03:36 PM
The mathematician made a small fence around himself and said he was on the outside.

Top Marks ..........................

belzi82
14th August 2011, 03:36 PM
A man lives on the tenth floor of a building. Every morning he takes the elevator down to the lobby and leaves the building.

In the evening, he gets into the elevator, and, if there is someone else in the elevator - or if it was raining that day - he goes back to his floor directly. Otherwise, he goes to the seventh floor and walks up three flights of stairs to his apartment. Can you explain why?

Bob
14th August 2011, 03:40 PM
A man lives on the tenth floor of a building. Every morning he takes the elevator down to the lobby and leaves the building.

In the evening, he gets into the elevator, and, if there is someone else in the elevator - or if it was raining that day - he goes back to his floor directly. Otherwise, he goes to the seventh floor and walks up three flights of stairs to his apartment. Can you explain why?

Not tall enough to reach any higher than the seventh floor button

belzi82
14th August 2011, 03:43 PM
What happened in 1961 and will not happen again until 6009?

belzi82
14th August 2011, 03:53 PM
There was an airplane crash, every single person died, but two people survived. How is this possible?

Bob
14th August 2011, 03:55 PM
There was an airplane crash, every single person died, but two people survived. How is this possible?

They were Married

belzi82
How far can you walk into the woods?

belzi82
They were Married

too clever!!!!

belzi82
14th August 2011, 03:56 PM
A man left home running. He ran a ways and then turned left, ran the same distance and turned left again, ran the same distance and turned left again. When he got home there were two masked men. Who were they?

Bob
14th August 2011, 04:02 PM
How far can you walk into the woods?

Half Way..............

belzi82
14th August 2011, 04:04 PM
Half Way..............

smarty pants

Bob
14th August 2011, 04:20 PM
A man left home running. He ran a ways and then turned left, ran the same distance and turned left again, ran the same distance and turned left again. When he got home there were two masked men. Who were they?

Baseball Game Umpire & Catcher

belzi82
14th August 2011, 04:22 PM
What is full of holes but still holds water?

Bob
14th August 2011, 04:25 PM
What is full of holes but still holds water?

sponge.................

belzi82
14th August 2011, 04:29 PM
How could the 22nd and 24th U.S. Presidents have the same parents, but weren’t brothers

Bob
14th August 2011, 04:34 PM
How could the 22nd and 24th U.S. Presidents have the same parents, but weren’t brothers

same guy GROVER CLEVELAND

belzi82
14th August 2011, 04:41 PM
How can you use the letters in NEW DOOR to make one word?

Bob
14th August 2011, 04:45 PM
How can you use the letters in NEW DOOR to make one word?

This how

one word...

buzz
14th August 2011, 04:49 PM
new door is an anagram of one word.

Jamie

belzi82
14th August 2011, 04:52 PM
Two cannibals were chatting as they had their dinner. One complained that he really quite disliked his new mother-in-law. What was the advice given to him by his companion?

buzz
14th August 2011, 04:53 PM
put some salt on her

belzi82
14th August 2011, 04:55 PM
put some salt on her

sorry that is not correct - but like it

Bob
14th August 2011, 04:56 PM
Inside each set of the following words, there are a pair of smaller words. By putting & between them, lo & behold, you'll make a familiar phrase. For example, "Thighbone/Swallowtail" conceals "High & Low."

1. Skyrocketing/Trolleyman
2. Thermometer/Apoplexy
3. Delaware/Bordering
4. Surprised/Trashiness
5. Throughout/Stumblebum

Bob
14th August 2011, 04:58 PM
Two cannibals were chatting as they had their dinner. One complained that he really quite disliked his new mother-in-law. What was the advice given to him by his companion?

Try eating your Vegetables

belzi82
14th August 2011, 04:59 PM
Inside each set of the following words, there are a pair of smaller words. By putting & between them, lo & behold, you'll make a familiar phrase. For example, "Thighbone/Swallowtail" conceals "High & Low."

1. Skyrocketing/Trolleyman
2. Thermometer/Apoplexy
3. Delaware/Bordering
4. Surprised/Trashiness
5. Throughout/Stumblebum
Nice one
1. rock & roll
5. rough & tumble
Get back to you on the others when I have worked them out

belzi82
14th August 2011, 05:00 PM
2. mom & pop
3. law & order
4. rise & shine

Bob
14th August 2011, 05:02 PM
A man has a chicken, a bag of grain and a fox. He needs to get them all to the other side of a river using a small rowboat. He can only take one thing over at a time. He cant leave the chicken with the fox or the chicken with the grain. How does he get them all across the river?

I cheated

The man takes the chicken across first, leaving the fox and grain together on the other side.

He returns and gets the fox, but when he deposits the fox on the other side, he takes the chicken BACK across, so that the fox and chicken aren't left alone together.

He drops the chicken off back on the other side, picks up the grain, and takes it across to deposit with the fox.

Finally, he returns to retrieve the chicken and takes it to the other side.

At no time were the fox and chicken left alone together, nor were the chicken and grain.
At no time was more than one of them in the boat with the man simultaneously.

Bob
14th August 2011, 05:03 PM
2. mom & pop
3. law & order
4. rise & shine

You are Correct

belzi82
14th August 2011, 05:03 PM
Paul’s height is six feet, he’s an assistant at a butcher’s shop, and wears size 9 shoes. What does he weigh?

Bob
14th August 2011, 05:05 PM
Paul’s height is six feet, he’s an assistant at a butcher’s shop, and wears size 9 shoes. What does he weigh?

Meat..............

belzi82
14th August 2011, 05:08 PM
Which is the longest word in English?

belzi82
14th August 2011, 05:10 PM
Antidisestablishmentarianism?

No sorry!!!!!!! Please try again - Think outside the square

timbar
14th August 2011, 05:17 PM
supercalafragilisticsexpealadoshis ????? you know Mary Poppins hahahahaha

Woof
14th August 2011, 05:21 PM
Smiles........

belzi82
14th August 2011, 05:22 PM
Smiles........

Yes correct

belzi82
14th August 2011, 05:23 PM
What is as big as you are and yet does not weigh anything?

growler2058
14th August 2011, 05:27 PM
What is as big as you are and yet does not weigh anything?

Your shadow

belzi82
14th August 2011, 05:34 PM
Complete this sequence of letters: o, t, t, f, f, s, s, _, _, _.

Maxhead
14th August 2011, 05:42 PM
Complete this sequence of letters: o, t, t, f, f, s, s, _, _, _.

Easy, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

belzi82
14th August 2011, 05:43 PM
Easy, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7
it was complete the sequence but yes you are right

Maxhead
14th August 2011, 05:48 PM
it was complete the sequence but yes you are right

Yeah, I realized after I posted and started editing and computer cut out..sorry.

belzi82
14th August 2011, 05:57 PM
Yeah, I realized after I posted and started editing and computer cut out..sorry.

THat's cool - I knew what you meant

Finly Owner
14th August 2011, 10:20 PM
name 3 consecutive days without using Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

Tim

YNOT
14th August 2011, 10:21 PM
name 3 consecutive days without using Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

Tim

Yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Tony

Finly Owner
14th August 2011, 10:37 PM
Yesterday, today and tomorrow.

TonyToo good. My answer was christmas eve, christmas day and boxing day, aaarh!!!!!!

Tim

belzi82
14th August 2011, 10:43 PM
Emily was sitting at her study table, home alone, on a cold and stormy night. Her parents had taken a flight earlier in the morning to Australia as her grandmother had passed away. She had wanted to follow her parents but she had an important English examination the next day which she could not miss.

The storm was getting heavier by the minute and the wind was howling outside. All this noise made it very hard for her to concentrate. She was on the verge of dozing off when she was shaken alert by a sudden "THUD!" She dismissed it as a window which had been slammed shut by the wind.

She tried to concentrate on her books when she heard faint footsteps. Emily got out of her room and looked around when suddenly, without warning, she was grabbed by the neck. She tried to scream but it came out as a mere whimper as the intruder was pressing hard against her throat with his arm. She tried to free herself from his grip but to no avail.

"Give me all your money!" growled the man who had grabbed her from behind.

"Th-there is none h-here! Please ll-let me go!" cried Emily.

"Don't LIE TO ME!" screamed the increasingly agitated man. She felt the man strengthen his grip around her neck. She said nothing and a few seconds passed by in silence. Suddenly the phone rang which alerted both of them.

"People will get suspicious if I don't answer the phone," said Emily, with a controlled voice. The intruder let her go.

"Alright, but NO funny business, or ELSE!" said the nervous intruder. Emily walked toward the phone. She took a deep breath and calmed herself. She picked up the phone.

"Hey Em! How's the revision going?" said the caller.

"Hey Anna. Thanks for the call. Hey you know those Science notes I lent you last week? Well I really need them back. It would be a great help to me. It's an emergency, so if you could give me them tomorrow it would be great. Please hurry in finding the notes. I need to get back to my books now. Bye," Emily said. She hung up the phone.

"It was wise of you not to say anything," said the intruder, although he was more than a bit confused by her conversation.

"Now TELL ME WHERE THE MONEY IS KEPT!" screamed the thief.

"It...it's...in my dad's room. The first room on the right. Third drawer," said Emily.

"SHOW me!" said the man, and removed his grip around her neck. She took a big gulp of air and nearly fell. She swallowed hard and said a silent prayer. She walked slowly, in silence, toward her father's room. All of a sudden, they heard police sirens. The intruder froze in his footsteps. He ran to the nearest window and jumped out of it.

Emily ran outside in time to see the intruder being escorted into the car. She saw Anna and she ran toward her and hugged her.

"Smart kids," said the policeman.

What had happened?

katwoman
14th August 2011, 10:48 PM
Bingo!

But do steam trains blow smoke at all??

Bob
15th August 2011, 07:43 AM
Emily was sitting at her study table, home alone, on a cold and stormy night. Her parents had taken a flight earlier in the morning to Australia as her grandmother had passed away. She had wanted to follow her parents but she had an important English examination the next day which she could not miss.

The storm was getting heavier by the minute and the wind was howling outside. All this noise made it very hard for her to concentrate. She was on the verge of dozing off when she was shaken alert by a sudden "THUD!" She dismissed it as a window which had been slammed shut by the wind.

She tried to concentrate on her books when she heard faint footsteps. Emily got out of her room and looked around when suddenly, without warning, she was grabbed by the neck. She tried to scream but it came out as a mere whimper as the intruder was pressing hard against her throat with his arm. She tried to free herself from his grip but to no avail.

"Give me all your money!" growled the man who had grabbed her from behind.

"Th-there is none h-here! Please ll-let me go!" cried Emily.

"Don't LIE TO ME!" screamed the increasingly agitated man. She felt the man strengthen his grip around her neck. She said nothing and a few seconds passed by in silence. Suddenly the phone rang which alerted both of them.

"People will get suspicious if I don't answer the phone," said Emily, with a controlled voice. The intruder let her go.

"Alright, but NO funny business, or ELSE!" said the nervous intruder. Emily walked toward the phone. She took a deep breath and calmed herself. She picked up the phone.

"Hey Em! How's the revision going?" said the caller.

"Hey Anna. Thanks for the call. Hey you know those Science notes I lent you last week? Well I really need them back. It would be a great help to me. It's an emergency, so if you could give me them tomorrow it would be great. Please hurry in finding the notes. I need to get back to my books now. Bye," Emily said. She hung up the phone.

"It was wise of you not to say anything," said the intruder, although he was more than a bit confused by her conversation.

"Now TELL ME WHERE THE MONEY IS KEPT!" screamed the thief.

"It...it's...in my dad's room. The first room on the right. Third drawer," said Emily.

"SHOW me!" said the man, and removed his grip around her neck. She took a big gulp of air and nearly fell. She swallowed hard and said a silent prayer. She walked slowly, in silence, toward her father's room. All of a sudden, they heard police sirens. The intruder froze in his footsteps. He ran to the nearest window and jumped out of it.

Emily ran outside in time to see the intruder being escorted into the car. She saw Anna and she ran toward her and hugged her.

"Smart kids," said the policeman.

What had happened?

Emily used the Mute on the Phone so that Anna only heard the words CALL HELP EMERGENCY HURRY

Maxhead
15th August 2011, 07:53 AM
Given the word STANDARD, take away two letters and add three digits to make a logical sequence.

Bob
15th August 2011, 09:37 AM
Given the word STANDARD, take away two letters and add three digits to make a logical sequence.

Remove the 2 "A's"

ST ND RD

Add 1 2 & 3

1ST2ND3RD

Bob
15th August 2011, 10:01 AM
This is a very old rhyming riddle. See if you can answer it by reading and thinking very carefully.

As I was going to Saint Ives,
I crossed the path of seven wives.
Every wife had seven sacks,
Every sack had seven cats,
Every cat had seven kittens,
Kittens, cats, sacks, wives,
How many were going to Saint Ives?

Should be easy for the Oldies

growler2058
15th August 2011, 10:17 AM
This is a very old rhyming riddle. See if you can answer it by reading and thinking very carefully.

As I was going to Saint Ives,
I crossed the path of seven wives.
Every wife had seven sacks,
Every sack had seven cats,
Every cat had seven kittens,
Kittens, cats, sacks, wives,
How many were going to Saint Ives?

Should be easy for the Oldies

Just 1...you says nothing about anyone else going

Bob
15th August 2011, 11:28 AM
Just 1...you says nothing about anyone else going

yep give the man a banana

Warnie
15th August 2011, 12:34 PM
What 3 consecutive numbers when the lower 2 numbers are squared and added together equal the square of the 3rd number? (Simple one)

Warnie
15th August 2011, 01:04 PM
3, 4, 5......

Give Rohan a banana

Warnie
15th August 2011, 01:04 PM
I like this thread it has been fun, pity I am not creative and only have maths or engineering based questions.

Warnie
15th August 2011, 01:12 PM
A car is travelling at 100km/hr north and norrowly misses a train travelling at 130km/hr south west. How fast and what direction was the train travelling in respect to the car.

Warnie
15th August 2011, 01:15 PM
An asteroid was travelling at 200km/hr in space at 3PM yesterday, what velocity will it be travelling at 3PM today.

Bob
15th August 2011, 02:03 PM
An asteroid was travelling at 200km/hr in space at 3PM yesterday, what velocity will it be travelling at 3PM today.

the same............

Warnie
15th August 2011, 02:06 PM
Easy question Bob, Newtons first law of motion, An item travelling at a constant velocity will remain at a constant velocity unless acted on by a net external force.

Bob
15th August 2011, 02:09 PM
A car is travelling at 100km/hr north and norrowly misses a train travelling at 130km/hr south west. How fast and what direction was the train travelling in respect to the car.

South West 130kph

Warnie
15th August 2011, 02:20 PM
nope, hint - you need to take into account the speed of the car also

YNOT
15th August 2011, 02:21 PM

I'm not clever enough to work this out properly but the train would be approaching the car at a 45 degree angle from the front right with a closing speed of about 200km/h. Am I even close???

Tony

Bob
15th August 2011, 02:24 PM
nope, hint - you need to take into account the speed of the car also

30kph south west

Warnie
15th August 2011, 02:29 PM
Yeah close enough tony, a little more than 200km/hr. 212.8km/hr to be precise and South 19.4 dregrees West.

With respect to the car the train is travelling 100km/hr south and 130km/hr southwest. So the train is travelling ~ 192km/hr south and ~92km/hr west or 212.8km/hr South 19.4 dregrees West.

Warnie
15th August 2011, 02:34 PM
A man goes out drinking every night, returning to his home in the wee hours of every morning. No matter how much he drinks, he never gets a hangover. How could this be?

Warnie
15th August 2011, 02:37 PM
One brick is 1kg and a half a brick heavy, how heavy is the brick?

Bob
15th August 2011, 02:38 PM
One brick is 1kg and a half a brick heavy, how heavy is the brick?

2kg.................

Bob
15th August 2011, 02:39 PM
A man goes out drinking every night, returning to his home in the wee hours of every morning. No matter how much he drinks, he never gets a hangover. How could this be?

doesnt drink alcholol

Warnie
15th August 2011, 02:40 PM
Your correct with the 2kg and he doesnt drink alcohol

Bob
15th August 2011, 02:44 PM
A man is sitting in a pub feeling rather poor. He sees the man next to him pull a wad of £50 notes out of his wallet.
He turns to the rich man and says to him,
"I have an amazing talent; I know almost every song that has ever existed."
The rich man laughs.
The poor man says, "I am willing to bet you all the money you have in your wallet that I can sing a genuine song with a lady's name of your choice in it."
The rich man laughs again and says, "OK, how about my daughter's name, Joanna Armstrong-Miller?"
The rich man goes home poor. The poor man goes home rich.

What song did he sing?

Bob
15th August 2011, 02:48 PM
In this teaser, you have to find the odd ones out in the groups of words. BUT WAIT! There's a catch. Each group of words has TWO words which do not belong. Can you find them both?

EXAMPLE:

Lily - Jane - Tulip - Rose

Jane does not belong as it's the only one which is not a flower.

Tulip also does not belong because it's the only one which is not a girl's name.

You're on your own for the rest!

1. Dodge - Ford - Lincoln - Hoover

2. King - Earl - Knight - Bishop

3. Yellow - Green - Dead - Black

Maxhead
15th August 2011, 02:51 PM
Your correct with the 2kg and he doesnt drink alcohol

Sorry for being thick as a brick but how is it 2kg??....Roflmao

Bob
15th August 2011, 02:54 PM
Sorry for being thick as a brick but how is it 2kg??....Roflmao

if the Brick is 2KG half of that is 1KG so Brick is 1KG+half a Brick 1KG=2KG

Warnie
15th August 2011, 02:55 PM
A man is sitting in a pub feeling rather poor. He sees the man next to him pull a wad of £50 notes out of his wallet.
He turns to the rich man and says to him,
"I have an amazing talent; I know almost every song that has ever existed."
The rich man laughs.
The poor man says, "I am willing to bet you all the money you have in your wallet that I can sing a genuine song with a lady's name of your choice in it."
The rich man laughs again and says, "OK, how about my daughter's name, Joanna Armstrong-Miller?"
The rich man goes home poor. The poor man goes home rich.

What song did he sing?

Happy Birthday

Bob
15th August 2011, 02:56 PM
Happy Birthday

another Banana Good Work

Warnie
15th August 2011, 02:59 PM
In this teaser, you have to find the odd ones out in the groups of words. BUT WAIT! There's a catch. Each group of words has TWO words which do not belong. Can you find them both?

EXAMPLE:

Lily - Jane - Tulip - Rose

Jane does not belong as it's the only one which is not a flower.

Tulip also does not belong because it's the only one which is not a girl's name.

You're on your own for the rest!

1. Dodge - Ford - Lincoln - Hoover

2. King - Earl - Knight - Bishop

3. Yellow - Green - Dead - Black

1. Dodge was not a US President and Hoover is not a car make.

2. Earl is not a chess piece and Bishop is not a royal status

3. Dead is not a colour and I dont know

Bob
15th August 2011, 03:01 PM
1. Dodge was not a US President and Hoover is not a car make.

2. Earl is not a chess piece and Bishop is not a royal status

3. Dead is not a colour and I dont know

1. Hoover does not belong as it's the only one which is not a car manufacturer. Dodge does not belong as it's the only one which is not the last name of a President of USA.

2. Bishop does not belong as it's the only one which is not a class of nobility. Earl does not belong as it's the only one which is not a Chess piece.

3. Dead does not belong as it's the only one which is not a colour. Green does not belong as it's the only one which is not the name of a sea.

Will still give you a Banana

Bob
15th August 2011, 03:02 PM
1. Hoover is out as it is not a vehicle brand. Dodge is also out as only one that's not a US president's name.
2. Bishop is out as only one not a society rank. Earl is also out as only one not a chess piece.
3. Dead is out as only one not a colour. Green is also out as only one not a sea.

Take it Back Plassy gets the Banana

Bob
15th August 2011, 03:05 PM
I can be created by humans, But they cannot control me. I suck on wood, paper and flesh alike. I can be more of a hindrance than help at times. To my creators, I seem to be everywhere at once. What am I?

Bob
15th August 2011, 03:08 PM
What is the next Number ??

4-9-16-25-36-??

Bob
15th August 2011, 03:12 PM

Another Banana LOL

Warnie
15th August 2011, 03:21 PM
fill in the gaps 1 , 2 , .... , 11, _ , 17 , 23 , 27, 29 , .... , 53 (note ... denotes more than 1 number)

Bob
15th August 2011, 03:21 PM
What is the next Number

4-14-23-31-??

Warnie
15th August 2011, 03:22 PM
A man and his son were badly injured in a car crash. When they got to hospital the doctor said "I can't operate on this boy as he is my son."

How is this possible?

The kid has 2 dads as his parents are gay

Bob
15th August 2011, 03:23 PM
A man and his son were badly injured in a car crash. When they got to hospital the doctor said "I can't operate on this boy as he is my son."

How is this possible?

He is the Grandfather of the Son or

Father of the Man

Maxhead
15th August 2011, 03:57 PM

How is this possible?

The doctor was his mum??

Maxhead
15th August 2011, 04:00 PM
Bullseye!!

Haha, that one hurt thinking about it and then just came out...very clever!

Warnie
15th August 2011, 04:21 PM
I knew that one as well, stoopid me.

Correct Plassy, Prime numbers

Bob
15th August 2011, 04:39 PM
38?

I cant afford too many more Banana's Mate LOL

patch697
15th August 2011, 04:55 PM
The class whiz was asked to add all the numbers from 1-100 as fast as he could ( 1+2+3+4.....all the way to 100). After about 10 seconds he answered 5050 (which is correct).

How did he do it so quick?

(1 + 100) + (2 + 99) + (3 + 98) + . . . . + (50 + 51) = ?

If you notice every pair of numbers adds up to 101. There are 50
pairs of numbers, so the answer is 50*101 = 5050.

Bob
15th August 2011, 05:01 PM
The class whiz was asked to add all the numbers from 1-100 as fast as he could ( 1+2+3+4.....all the way to 100). After about 10 seconds he answered 5050 (which is correct).

How did he do it so quick?

Using the following Formulae

100 multiplied by (100+1) divided by 2 ie 10100 divided by 2 equals 5050

if it was count to 101 the answer would be 5151

patch697
15th August 2011, 05:01 PM
You are a genius Paul!!

Nope..... But I can use the internet quite well however...............................PML

patch697
15th August 2011, 05:11 PM
Ahh mate, you blew me away there for a bit! haha

EDIT: I didn't know this one would be on the internet. I was taught this one at school in about 1986!

So was I, I just couldn't remember how it went................lol

Warnie
16th August 2011, 10:41 AM
What do you call a fish without an eye?

Bob
16th August 2011, 10:43 AM
what do you call a fish without an eye?

fsh..........

Warnie
16th August 2011, 10:46 AM
lol yes so cheesy

Bob
16th August 2011, 10:52 AM
I can be created by humans, But they cannot control me. I suck on wood, paper and flesh alike. I can be more of a hindrance than help at times. To my creators, I seem to be everywhere at once. What am I?

patch697
16th August 2011, 10:57 AM

A Baby...................

Bob
16th August 2011, 11:00 AM
A Baby...................

Another Banana Great Effort

patch697
16th August 2011, 11:01 AM
I have many feathers to help me fly. I have a body and head, but I'm not alive. It is your strength which determines how far I go. You can hold me in your hand, but I'm never thrown. What am I?

Bob
16th August 2011, 11:08 AM
I have many feathers to help me fly. I have a body and head, but I'm not alive. It is your strength which determines how far I go. You can hold me in your hand, but I'm never thrown. What am I?

An Arrow............

Bob
16th August 2011, 11:18 AM
I constantly collide into all the others,
The only one of 16 without colors.
Associated with English and banking and breaking,
The answer is right there for the taking.

patch697
16th August 2011, 11:28 AM
An Arrow............

Correct............ Nice work

patch697
16th August 2011, 11:29 AM
I constantly collide into all the others,
The only one of 16 without colors.
Associated with English and banking and breaking,
The answer is right there for the taking.

The cue ball on a pool table.

Bob
16th August 2011, 11:36 AM
The cue ball on a pool table.

Another Winner. I will have to try and get a Harder One LOL

patch697
16th August 2011, 11:40 AM
Two men are in a desert. They both have packs on. One of the guys is dead. The guy who is alive has his pack open, the guy who is dead has his pack closed. What is in the pack?

Bob
16th August 2011, 12:36 PM
Two men are in a desert. They both have packs on. One of the guys is dead. The guy who is alive has his pack open, the guy who is dead has his pack closed. What is in the pack?

A Parachute that failed to open

Bob
16th August 2011, 12:58 PM
Which is larger, the number of seconds in a week or the number of minutes in a year?

growler2058
16th August 2011, 01:22 PM
525,600 minutes in a year and 10,080 seconds in a week so i would say minutes in a year

Bob
16th August 2011, 01:25 PM
525,600 minutes in a year and 10,080 seconds in a week so i would say minutes in a year

No your mathematics are wrong

Maxhead
16th August 2011, 01:25 PM

I got 604800 seconds in a week

Bob
16th August 2011, 01:26 PM
I got 604800 seconds in a week

Yep you are right mate. Your turn to submit a Teaser

Maxhead
16th August 2011, 01:36 PM
If you had a 5-liter bowl and a 3-liter bowl, and an unlimited access to water, how would you measure exactly 4 liters?

Bob
16th August 2011, 01:44 PM
If you had a 5-liter bowl and a 3-liter bowl, and an unlimited access to water, how would you measure exactly 4 liters?

Fill the 3 litre can from the tap.
Empty the contents of the 3 litre can into the 5 litre can.
Empty the contents of the 3 litre can into the 5 litre can. - Leaving the 5 litre can full
and 1 Litre in the 3 litre can.
Empty the contents of the 5 litre can
Pour the 1 litre from the 3 litre can into the 5 litre can.
Pour contents of the 3 litre can into the 5 litre can.
therefor there will be 4 litres in the 5 litre can.

Maxhead
16th August 2011, 01:54 PM
Empty the contents of the 3 litre can into the 5 litre can. - Leaving the 5 litre can full

Haha, a confusing one but you got it in 1 ...a cookie for you!

Bob
16th August 2011, 01:58 PM
2 fathers and 2 sons go fishing. Each of them catches one fish. So why do they bring home only 3 fish in total ??

Maxhead
16th August 2011, 02:03 PM
2 fathers and 2 sons go fishing. Each of them catches one fish. So why do they bring home only 3 fish in total ??

thats too easy. 3 generations. Grandfather, father, son

growler2058
16th August 2011, 02:07 PM
No your mathematics are wrong

DERRRRRR just saw the error of my ways :-)

growler2058
16th August 2011, 02:08 PM

Farr out CAN you do that

Bob
16th August 2011, 02:26 PM
thats too easy. 3 generations. Grandfather, father, son

yeah give the man a pat on the back. Have run out of banana's

Bob
16th August 2011, 02:33 PM
What comes next in this sequence:
0, 1.557, -2.185, -0.143, 1.158, -3.381, ?

Bob
16th August 2011, 02:49 PM
a gazillion?

Lol!

This is a confusing one!

hint think of a shoe colour

growler2058
16th August 2011, 04:09 PM
hint think of a shoe colour

Brown.........

Bob
16th August 2011, 04:31 PM
brown.........

the shoe colour is a hint to solving my problem.

No brown is not the colour

Warnie
16th August 2011, 05:09 PM
Is it black??? is the answer another number?

Bob
16th August 2011, 05:11 PM
is it black??? Is the answer another number?

the colour is a mathematical expression

Warnie
16th August 2011, 05:13 PM
is it zero, I really have no idea

Bob
16th August 2011, 05:16 PM
is it zero

No it is Tan(6) which is

Warnie
16th August 2011, 05:23 PM
So it is, I thought it had to be some form of sinusoidal expression because it went up and down, but dismissed it as it wasn't uniform, should have thought about tangential. Oh well, I like that question.

Maxhead
16th August 2011, 07:39 PM
A man died and went to the crossroads of heaven and hell. Here he was faced with 2 blank doors, one that lead to heaven and one that lead to hell. There was a guard on each door. Guard no. 1 always tells the truth. Guard no. 2 always lies. Of course the man wants to go to heaven but he can ask only one question to one guard before deciding which door to walk through.

How is he able to choose the right door?

I think he could ask" is this the right way to heaven?"..

Maxhead
16th August 2011, 08:02 PM
That would be OK if he asked the trughful guard, but if he asked the liar guard he'd end up in hell!

Keep thinking.

Haha, didn't think this one through enough...back to the drawing board

Maxhead
16th August 2011, 08:22 PM
OK, if he ask that question to the guard that always tells the truth he should have the right answer and he decides the way....maybe????

growler2058
16th August 2011, 08:39 PM
Ask either guard a question you know the answer to

growler2058
16th August 2011, 08:47 PM
But you can only ask one question growler. Gotta make it count.

ok so the truthful guard aint necessarily in front of the heaven door, and were assuming we want to go to heaven. I'll get back to you

Maxhead
16th August 2011, 08:50 PM
I think my brain is clouded by the limited edition :)

growler2058
16th August 2011, 08:57 PM
Ask either guard to open their door and if its the hell door go the other??????????????

patch697
16th August 2011, 09:12 PM
A man died and went to the crossroads of heaven and hell. Here he was faced with 2 blank doors, one that lead to heaven and one that lead to hell. There was a guard on each door. Guard no. 1 always tells the truth. Guard no. 2 always lies. Of course the man wants to go to heaven but he can ask only one question to one guard before deciding which door to walk through.

How is he able to choose the right door?

I would ask either one of the guards if he is a tree-frog.... Assuming The truthful guard is the one that will lead me to heaven? then I wil know which door to pic...

growler2058
16th August 2011, 09:20 PM
im gunna go have a fish oil tablet an get my brain working! i'm sitting here staring at the Q and slowly getting a brain ache

growler2058
16th August 2011, 09:24 PM
ok ok ok ask either guard what door the other would send you to and go the opposite door. the lieing gaurd would know the truthful guard will set you in the right direction so would lie and the truthful guard would know the lier would lie so hed tell you the hell door does that make sense

growler2058
16th August 2011, 09:27 PM
look.......
ok ok ok ask either guard what door the other would send you to and go the opposite door. the lieing gaurd would know the truthful guard will set you in the right direction so would lie and the truthful guard would know the lier would lie so hed tell you the hell door does that make sense

patch697
16th August 2011, 09:28 PM
Hay Plassy..... am I correct in assuming the guard that tells the truth is the one that will lead me to heaven or is that part of the puzzle?

growler2058
16th August 2011, 09:28 PM
You're a dead set genius growler!! Those fish oil tablets are amazing!

Well done mate.

Wifey must take some credit weve both been arguing it till she convinced me hahahahahhhahahaa

Woof
16th August 2011, 09:29 PM
So you have to ask a question to find out.....................oh forget it, it's given me a headache..LOL

Maxhead
16th August 2011, 09:31 PM
I want some of those fish oil pills....lol

growler2058
16th August 2011, 09:32 PM
If i had 1 moth ball the size of a golf ball in my left hand and another moth ball the size of a golf ball in my right hand, what have i got?

growler2058
16th August 2011, 09:34 PM
A big moth?

hahahahahhahha yeah sorry off topic but my head was too sore after that last one

Bob
17th August 2011, 08:03 AM
9, 46, 23, A, 58, 29, 146, B, 366, C, 916...

Find A, B and C.

growler2058
17th August 2011, 08:14 AM
A between 23 & 58, B between 146 and 366 and C between 366 & 916

Warnie
17th August 2011, 08:24 AM
A=116, B=73, C=183

multiply 1st number by 5 and add 1, then halve, multipy 3rd number by 5 and add 1, then halve and have again, multipy the 6th number by 5 and add 1, then halve, multipy the 8th number by 5 and add 1, then halve, multipy the 10th number by 5 and add 1.

I think

Bob
17th August 2011, 08:25 AM
A=116, B=73, C=183

multiply 1st number by 5 and add 1, then halve, multipy 3rd number by 5 and add 1, then halve and have again, multipy the 6th number by 5 and add 1, then halve, multipy the 8th number by 5 and add 1, then halve, multipy the 10th number by 5 and add 1.

I think

You thunk right HaHa

patch697
17th August 2011, 11:36 AM
9, 46, 23, A, 58, 29, 146, B, 366, C, 916...

Find A, B and C.

A = 23 x 5 + 1 = 116
B = 146/2 = 73
C = 366/2 = 183

Bob
17th August 2011, 11:58 AM
Here is an odd one out teaser:

Theodore Roosevelt
John Quincy Adams
Ulysses S. Grant
John F. Kennedy
Lyndon B. Johnson

Which President is odd one out and why ???

Woof
17th August 2011, 09:10 PM
Theodore Roosevelt is the odd one out with - 17
John F. Kennedy - 12
Ulysses S. Grant - 13
Lyndon B. Johnson - 14
John Quincy Adams - 15

Bob
18th August 2011, 08:19 AM
LBJ - only one who didn't serve in US military?

or

LBJ - only one who hasn't had a US naval ship named after him.

NO.....................

Bob
18th August 2011, 08:20 AM
theodore roosevelt is the odd one out with - 17
john f. Kennedy - 12
ulysses s. Grant - 13
lyndon b. Johnson - 14
john quincy adams - 15

no but dont understand your reasoning

katwoman
18th August 2011, 08:25 AM
Here is an odd one out teaser:

Theodore Roosevelt
John Quincy Adams
Ulysses S. Grant
John F. Kennedy
Lyndon B. Johnson

Which President is odd one out and why ???

Roosevelt has no middle name ?

Bob
18th August 2011, 08:26 AM
Roosevelt has no middle name ?

No. Not what I am looking for

Bob
18th August 2011, 10:56 AM
Hint..... It has something to do with Numbers

Woof
18th August 2011, 07:07 PM
Theodore Roosevelt is the odd one out with - 17
John F. Kennedy - 12
Ulysses S. Grant - 13
Lyndon B. Johnson - 14
John Quincy Adams - 15
Hey Bob, I was just counting the number of letters in their names

Bob
18th August 2011, 07:33 PM
Ok its John F Kennedy and it has nothing to do with Assination

But I still need the reason why he is the odd Man out out

Bob
18th August 2011, 07:39 PM
Only president in that list never to lose an election.

no..........................

Finly Owner
18th August 2011, 10:01 PM
Only president in that list never to lose an election.
No. of brothers?

Tim

Maxhead
18th August 2011, 10:05 PM
odd Man out

I think this is the answer, the rest of them were even numbers in the presidents number list

Bob
19th August 2011, 07:13 AM
I think this is the answer, the rest of them were even numbers in the presidents number list

You are correct Mate

Maxhead
19th August 2011, 07:19 AM
You are correct Mate

I think the hints gave it away....lololol

mcjah
19th August 2011, 09:29 AM
There are 5 houses in 5 different colours. In each house lives a person of a different nationality. The 5 owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar, and keep a certain pet. Using the clues below can you determine who owns the fish?

The Brit lives in a red house.
The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
The Dane drinks tea.
The green house is on the immediate left of the white house.
The green house owner drinks coffee.
The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
The man living in the house right in the middle drinks milk.
The Norwegian lives in the first house.
The man who smokes Blend lives next door to the one who keeps cats.
The man who keeps horses lives next door to the man who smokes Dunhill.
The owner who smokes Blue Master drinks beer.
The German smokes Prince.
The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
The man who smokes Blend has a neighbour who drinks water.

Warnie
19th August 2011, 01:30 PM
House number 1, with the norwegian has fish. Birds or cats are in #3 or #5, horses are taken by #2 and #4 can have dogs and #1 cant, therefore #1 has the fish

Finly Owner
19th August 2011, 11:41 PM
the german who lives in the greenhouse, smoking prince, drinking coffee, keeps fish!

Tim

Warnie
22nd August 2011, 10:55 AM
Who is right mcjah???

Bob
22nd August 2011, 11:16 AM
Decipher this common location:
t
o
w
n

Bob
22nd August 2011, 06:46 PM
downtown

Very Clever Plassy Another Banana for you LOL LOL

growler2058
22nd August 2011, 06:55 PM
Very Clever Plassy Another Banana for you LOL LOL

Doh!!! I thought that was to simple so didnt post

mcjah
23rd August 2011, 08:20 AM
sorry I have been away from the computer

this puzzle is usually attributed to Einstein, who may or may not have written it.
The German owns the fish and the table below has the full answer.
Nationality: Norweg Dane Brit German Swede
Colour : Yellow Blue Red Green White
Beverage : water tea milk coffee beer
Smokes : Dunhill Blend Pall Mall Prince Blue Master
Pet : cats horses birds fish dogs

Bob
23rd August 2011, 08:27 AM
When Question Mark unlocked the door, he thought that he would see his wallet straight away. But Skid Mark (Question's brother) decided to put the wallet in a safe. The combination is three 2-digit numbers which can be expressed like this:

xx-xx-xx

You are given the following clues to work out the combination:

The total of the three numbers is 39.
The second number is half of the third number.
The first number is the third number minus 1.

Can you find Question's wallet in time? It's all up to you.

Maxhead
23rd August 2011, 08:34 AM
When Question Mark unlocked the door, he thought that he would see his wallet straight away. But Skid Mark (Question's brother) decided to put the wallet in a safe. The combination is three 2-digit numbers which can be expressed like this:

xx-xx-xx

You are given the following clues to work out the combination:

The total of the three numbers is 39.
The second number is half of the third number.
The first number is the third number minus 1.

Can you find Question's wallet in time? It's all up to you.

Could it be 15 08 16

Bob
23rd August 2011, 08:36 AM
Could it be 15 08 16

You are too good. I will have to find a harder one Great effort Kris

Bob
23rd August 2011, 09:04 AM
There is a number.

1. If it is not a multiple of 4, then it is between 60 and 69.
2. If it is a multiple of 3 it is between 50 and 59.
3. If it is not a multiple of 6 it is between 70 and 79.

What is the number?

belzi82
23rd August 2011, 10:29 PM
There is a number.

1. If it is not a multiple of 4, then it is between 60 and 69.
2. If it is a multiple of 3 it is between 50 and 59.
3. If it is not a multiple of 6 it is between 70 and 79.

What is the number?

76?????????????????????????????

belzi82
23rd August 2011, 10:35 PM
A woman sits on her couch as the doorbell rings. However, the woman doesn't answer. She is completely aware of the ringing, she has an ability to get it, and is not waiting for another person to respond. She doesn't dislike this person. In fact she cherishes them.

What is the situation?

Bob
24th August 2011, 07:13 AM
76?????????????????????????????

Yep that is correct. Congrats

katwoman
24th August 2011, 07:17 AM
A woman sits on her couch as the doorbell rings. However, the woman doesn't answer. She is completely aware of the ringing, she has an ability to get it, and is not waiting for another person to respond. She doesn't dislike this person. In fact she cherishes them.

What is the situation?

The woman's young son is playing with the doorbell, with the door open.

katwoman
24th August 2011, 07:39 AM
The ___________ threatened to ___________ the picnic. There were over 500 of them.

What two words, anagrams of each other, complete this sentence.

Bob
24th August 2011, 07:47 AM
The ___________ threatened to ___________ the picnic. There were over 500 of them.

What two words, anagrams of each other, complete this sentence.

The Hornets threatened to Shorten the picnic

katwoman
24th August 2011, 07:49 AM
The Hornets threatened to Shorten the picnic

That was quick and obviously too easy !!

Bob
24th August 2011, 07:50 AM
THE BLIZZARD
A mountain climber is trapped in a blizzard. Luckily, he manages to find a cabin, but it's cold and dark inside. His gaze travels from his only match to an oil lamp, a wood stove and a fireplace, all of them prepared and ready to light.
Which does he light first?

Maxhead
24th August 2011, 09:28 AM
THE BLIZZARD
A mountain climber is trapped in a blizzard. Luckily, he manages to find a cabin, but it's cold and dark inside. His gaze travels from his only match to an oil lamp, a wood stove and a fireplace, all of them prepared and ready to light.
Which does he light first?

Hahahaha, I would think the match first!

Bob
24th August 2011, 09:29 AM
Hahahaha, I would think the match first!

You are just too good Kris

Bob
24th August 2011, 11:47 AM
How quickly can you find out what is so unusual about this paragraph? It looks so ordinary that you would think that nothing is wrong with it at all, and, in fact, nothing is. But it is unusual. Why? If you study it and think about it, you may find out, but I am not going to assist you in any way. You must do it without coaching. No doubt, if you work at it for long, it will dawn on you. Who knows? Go to work and try your skill. Par is about half an hour.

Maxhead
24th August 2011, 03:46 PM
How quickly can you find out what is so unusual about this paragraph? It looks so ordinary that you would think that nothing is wrong with it at all, and, in fact, nothing is. But it is unusual. Why? If you study it and think about it, you may find out, but I am not going to assist you in any way. You must do it without coaching. No doubt, if you work at it for long, it will dawn on you. Who knows? Go to work and try your skill. Par is about half an hour.

OK, I've got no hair left! Give us a clue........pretty please....

Bob
24th August 2011, 03:55 PM
OK, I've got no hair left! Give us a clue........pretty please....

something is missing from the Paragraph

Warnie
24th August 2011, 03:59 PM
Is the Paragraph missing the capital P???

Bob
24th August 2011, 04:01 PM
Is the Paragraph missing the capital P???

It is not punctuation or formatting.

Another Clue "most used"

Maxhead
24th August 2011, 05:13 PM
It is not punctuation or formatting.

Another Clue "most used"

Have you got any maths or physics questions...English wasn't my best subjext...LOLOL

Bob
24th August 2011, 06:24 PM
Have you got any maths or physics questions...English wasn't my best subjext...LOLOL

Maths or Physics was not my best subjects LMAO

growler2058
24th August 2011, 06:45 PM

Should a new paragraph start where the word It is

Bob
24th August 2011, 06:59 PM
Should a new paragraph start where the word It is

No there is something missing from this Paragraph and it is not Punctuation,Capitalisation or grammar.

Maxhead
24th August 2011, 07:02 PM
No there is something missing from this Paragraph and it is not Punctuation,Capitalisation or grammar.

Is there a certain letter missing?

belzi82
24th August 2011, 07:03 PM

Okay taken more than half hour but there are no E's

Maxhead
24th August 2011, 07:05 PM
Okay taken more than half hour but there are no E's

Haha, Cool, thanks Bel. saved me some time going through looking for missing letters

belzi82
24th August 2011, 07:07 PM
I asked the assistant in the hardware store, "How much will one cost?" "Twenty cents" she replied. "And how much will twelve cost?" I asked. "Forty cents." she replied. "OK, I'll take one hundred and twelve." How much did I pay?

Bigrig
24th August 2011, 07:12 PM
I asked the assistant in the hardware store, "How much will one cost?" "Twenty cents" she replied. "And how much will twelve cost?" I asked. "Forty cents." she replied. "OK, I'll take one hundred and twelve." How much did I pay?

Dunno the answer, but wish beer was sold that way!!!! lmao

Now ... back to the question ...

Yendor
24th August 2011, 07:33 PM

$20.40??????

belzi82
24th August 2011, 07:37 PM
$20.40??????

No sorry it is a trick question, think about it

katwoman
24th August 2011, 07:42 PM

.60c
I need 3 numerals for my house number 112

belzi82
24th August 2011, 07:43 PM
.60c
I need 3 numerals for my house number 112

Smarty Pants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!