PDA

View Full Version : Drivers door will not lock with FOB

Coldcomfort
28th February 2023, 08:17 AM
Hey all, is there a common or known issue with the drivers door not locking properly with the FOB or key.? I have to lock it by crawling across from the passenger side and then locking the passenger door by the old hold the handle up when closing method.

pollenface
28th February 2023, 08:40 AM
Mine's the same. I have been using the primitive "put the key in and turn it" method for the past couple of years.

mudski
28th February 2023, 10:28 AM
Yep common issue, a lot of people have issues still even after buying a new Genuine FOB. I just replaced the entire central locking control module with an aftermarket one. Took a whole 20 minutes to do, never looked back.

BillsGU
1st March 2023, 04:13 PM
Did the same as Mudski years ago. Bought a unit from Jaycar and integrated it into the Patrol wiring. Worked great and was cheap to do. Have a search for how-to-do-it info on this forum.

VK2FMIA
2nd March 2023, 08:08 AM
Mine is the same.

Won`t lock drivers door on first click of the fob. Have to hit lock, open drivers door & close again. Hit the lock button & all doors lock. All doors lock fine using the key.

mudski
2nd March 2023, 08:20 AM
Did the same as Mudski years ago. Bought a unit from Jaycar and integrated it into the Patrol wiring. Worked great and was cheap to do. Have a search for how-to-do-it info on this forum.

Heres a walk through on when I did mine many moons ago...

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?12608-A-Guide-on-installing-your-own-remote-central-locking-in-under-20-minutes&highlight=central+locking