PDA

View Full Version : Gu patrol re4r03a 4.5

maxde
1st February 2023, 08:19 AM
HI Maxde new to the forum first time user ,i have just recently purchased a GU Nissan 4.5 auto, we own a very steep mountain property that requires 2nd gear low range to climb in a manual cruiser ute ,so i thought ill give the GU try ,with diff locks it is fantastic no spin ,haven't tried it in the wet yet as the cruiser requires a winch to get up.
problem is it wont engage D or Rev until it is warmed up then it is faultless, i have been reading posts tell me to change oil and filters and change ,line pressure solenoids, so i did also, used Gulf Westren syntrans
,clean the valve body but did not remove the valves just carby cleaner. made it a little better but still requires warm up ,there is no slip at all apologies if i have not put these questions in the correct place this site seems to be a wealth of knowledge

jff45
2nd February 2023, 07:55 AM
Cleaning the valve body means to disassemble it so the various valves and passages can have any debris removed. It doesn't take much to cause a valve to stick if the trans hasn't had regular maintenance.

Any mechanically capable person can do it if they follow the workshop manual.

Dhuck
4th February 2023, 09:29 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

maxde
5th February 2023, 05:47 PM
Ok ,Thankyou i will pull it out again and clean it properly, this Gu leaves my cruiser for dead on hill climbs .apologies to all for asking questions at the time of my introduction