PDA

View Full Version : Cammed Y62

JDRY62
23rd January 2023, 06:57 PM
Hi all,

Has any one got a cammed Y62? mine is due to arrive in a couple months and i want it to be loud and lumpy

Hodge
23rd January 2023, 07:51 PM
The only things that are gonna be loud and lumpy are your CVs.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Plasnart
23rd January 2023, 09:13 PM
Why would you want a lumpy 4x4 mate? Go get a door slammer if you want lumpy start line cred. Other 4x4s will just crawl over you.

mudnut
24th January 2023, 06:47 PM
Why would you want a lumpy 4x4 mate? Go get a door slammer if you want lumpy start line cred. Other 4x4s will just crawl over you.

Welcome to the forum, JDRY.

Yes. The larger lobes will open the valves longer, but you will only get a benefit higher in the rev range. Unless it is just to be a "look at me!" thing, why bother?

nissannewby
24th January 2023, 08:23 PM
Apart from the above, the new Y62 has variable intake and exhaust valve timing. Find some really smart guy who can tune this, as in break into the ecu and just program the timing so it's sounds as you wish. These aren't ancient old tech push rod dinosaurs like you would find in a commodore. These are nice quiet well built engines. If you want them to sound nice throw a full exhaust system on with a supercharger or step it up a bit and turbocharge the big girl.

MB
25th January 2023, 10:02 PM
Thank Jebus they are Weapons/Beasts, just unsure how many trailers (Mr Douglas - 44 barrels style) you’ll all need to cross the country, unfortunately a Mate did Rooster up to 36L <> 100km easily out there [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk