PDA

View Full Version : Coolant & Radiator Hose Replacement GU8 CRD

jack
21st December 2022, 11:29 PM
Hello,

About to replace the coolant and radiator hoses on the Patrol (if CouriersPlease ever find my package).

Apparently there are two drain plugs for the block, one either side. Has anyone ever been able to find (let alone drain) these plugs? I've been under, over and almost inside and can't locate them. Even resorted to an endscope inspection camera.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

mudski
22nd December 2022, 09:05 AM
Not sure on the ZD mate. Surely there would be a plug on or near the oil cooler? On the TD there is one on the LHS which has in inter hex. May look for something similar or even a male square headed bung. I looked through the parts program without success too.

mudski
22nd December 2022, 09:14 AM
On the bottom side of the cast housing for the stat is a drain plug.

jack
22nd December 2022, 09:53 AM
Thanks Mark,

I’ll put it on the hoist and have another look. Now just need to head to the angry thread about my missing order.

mudski
22nd December 2022, 10:19 AM
Thanks Mark,

I’ll put it on the hoist and have another look. Now just need to head to the angry thread about my missing order.

Well it did go via Couriers Please. You can't expect it to be on time with these guys. If I order anything interstate I always ask what courier they use, if its them, I will ask to use TNT and i offer to pay more for the freight. We use Courier Please here for local, even then its hit and miss, but never for interstate, and very rarely for country unless the customer states they want to use them. Good luck.