PDA

View Full Version : Airbag connection after changing front seats

Dodgie
20th December 2022, 02:17 PM
Hi - I have two VE Calais airbagged leather seats on Hurracan adaptors ready to install in my 2016 GU Patrol. I removed the electrics from the Calais seats except for seat back tilt, airbag and DVD screens in headset (that will probably never get used).*

Not installed them yet because the yellow airbag connector on the Calais seats is different from the airbag connector under the Patrol seats. And the Calais plug uses three wires and the Patrol two.

Has anyone attempted to have working airbags after a change of seat like this?

Roger

pollenface
20th December 2022, 11:31 PM
Do the seats have airbags?

BrazilianY60
21st December 2022, 02:09 AM
Do the seats have airbags?

I understood that is exactly the problem, he is adapting seats from a different car and is looking into connecting the airbags of the new car on the harness of the Patrol seats airbags. I am unsure about Patrols having seat airbags as mine do not have, but honestly, for something that require proper factory design, calculation and testing in order to save you instead of kill you, I would not try to use the donor car bags...

mudnut
21st December 2022, 10:33 AM
I understood that is exactly the problem, he is adapting seats from a different car and is looking into connecting the airbags of the new car on the harness of the Patrol seats airbags. I am unsure about Patrols having seat airbags as mine do not have, but honestly, for something that require proper factory design, calculation and testing in order to save you instead of kill you, I would not try to use the donor car bags...

You could be correct there, Braz. Fitting safety devices for a different vehicle could have, as yet, undiscovered fatal consequences.

But any way, have a look at any Holden Commodore forum. There is a wiring diagram on this site

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/fitting-vf-seats-in-a-ve-wiring-up-side-airbags.268157/

then download the manuals fom this forum and that might give you the info you are looking for.