PDA

View Full Version : fit out

wax
9th August 2011, 10:59 PM
hi guys my patrol has nothing on it yet i just bought it. its an 03 GU. went to the arb place the other day they quoted me just over 6k to fit bull bar and side bars, duel batteries, roof rack, winch and snorkel any ideas on how i can get around this expense

YNOT
9th August 2011, 11:04 PM
ARB are EXPENSIVE. Shop around, you should be able to get what you want a lot cheaper than that.

Tony

Clunk
9th August 2011, 11:16 PM
hi guys my patrol has nothing on it yet i just bought it. its an 03 GU. went to the arb place the other day they quoted me just over 6k to fit bull bar and side bars, duel batteries, roof rack, winch and snorkel any ideas on how i can get around this expense

as Tony has already said mate, shop around....................... fleabay can be your friend , and if you don't mind 2nd hand, check out Gumtree and the Quokka, you can pick up some real bargains from there.

wax
10th August 2011, 12:12 AM
ok guys thanks

Clunk
10th August 2011, 12:33 AM
all down to your own personal preferance and budget really mate, there are some real bargains to be had out there

Dhuck
10th August 2011, 07:15 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

growler2058
10th August 2011, 07:18 AM
ARB are crazy expensive and of late i think their quality after sales service and general customer service has gone down hill (IMHO) as others have said shop around, get yourself something similar to 4wd action magazine they have heaps of advertisers, also check out the vendors thread here

Bigrig
10th August 2011, 08:18 AM

As separate items, that's well less than $5000 worth of good quality gear (including installation) depending on type/model of bar etc, so 6 grand seems a bit excessive mate ...

Ballpark figures for good gear:

Front bar with winch mount - $1100 (fit yourself)
Sliders (or scrub bars) - $700 (fit yourself)
Dual battery setup - $700 (including battery and installation)
Winch with 28m of plasma rope and hook (and dampener, shackles, gloves) - $1200 (includes installation)
Snorkel - $800 to $900 fitted (includes installation)

You could chip them off one by one as you save for them, or find someone who'll do a deal on the installation costs to do it all in one hit - either way, 6 grand is over the top ...

Where are you based? Maybe someone here can recommend an outlet for you - I know a place in Brissy that would do it for the prices listed above ...

nowoolies
10th August 2011, 09:59 AM
g`day Wax
welcome on board mate
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p;s piccies we luv piccies
pp:s try the boys at O L midland

timbar
21st August 2011, 05:00 AM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Maxhead
21st August 2011, 08:29 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.
Just for reference ARB supplied and installed my Safari snorkel for $460

Finly Owner
24th August 2011, 11:21 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Wax

Tim