PDA

View Full Version : issue after upgraded the exhaust

rpapa81
11th November 2022, 06:42 PM
hi guys, I am new in this form and I would like to thank everybody in advance for your help. I have a Nissan patrol gu4 direct injection 2005. I upgraded the exhaust to 3" and I noticed that it doesn't accelerate when I push the pedal down, especially when I'm towing the boat. moreover, I have a strange peak on the boost between 1.5 to 2 bar, and with normal driving, on the motorway, the boost is always between 0.5 to 1 bar. The thing get worse when I am towing the boat.... PLEASE I don't know if its remap problem, manifold dirty please I am confused

mudski
11th November 2022, 08:01 PM
Is it like the engine is shutting down? Or is it like the engines response is just slow?
Is there any engine mods done at all apart from the exhaust?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patrolking
13th November 2022, 11:33 AM
It is probably going into limp mode because of overboosting in low load applications

mudnut
13th November 2022, 05:57 PM
Is there any sensor connectors that have been taken off and not been reconnected properly during the exhaust install?

pollenface
14th November 2022, 09:47 AM
It is probably going into limp mode because of overboosting in low load applications

my thoughts too

mudski
15th November 2022, 04:30 PM
Is there any sensor connectors that have been taken off and not been reconnected properly during the exhaust install?

No sensors at all on these Patrols mate. The TB48 variant is the only one which does I think.

mudnut
15th November 2022, 05:06 PM
No sensors at all on these Patrols mate. The TB48 variant is the only one which does I think.

No worries, Mudski, but if the exhaust mechanic has reached through and around the engine bay they may have knocked something.

mudski
15th November 2022, 09:53 PM
No worries, Mudski, but if the exhaust mechanic has reached through and around the engine bay they may have knocked something.

Nah more than likely a limp mode issue due to over boost issues as mentioned. These 3L motor are a nasty piece of work and carry on to the slightest of change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wagu89
17th November 2022, 12:30 PM
Yep once ya put an exhaust on these things they boost spike. Need to get a boost controller on it asap as spiking can lead to detonation!!