PDA

View Full Version : TB45E Dual Fuel Engine

weluxuqu
28th September 2022, 01:41 PM
G'day ladies and gents,

Recently acquired a nice and tidy TB45E, dual fuel, 1998, with 340xxx on it. The bloke I brought it off was an older gentleman, family 7 seater car, stock as a rock and runs like a dream.

The only issue, he didn't have a owner's manual with service history for it, just a few receipts. (Very sus I know but we will see what happens). It has developed what I believe to be a front main seal leak, (just at the harmonic balancer), shouldn't be a drama fixing it up, found a tread on here to guide me along, its just finding the time to do it.

I am here to ask what engine oil you guys are running in the dual-fuel, gas being the predominant fuel usage, and any other tips and tricks you have to keep her going strong.

Burning approx 24-25L per 100km, got 27L per 100km doing low range 4WD (bout 60-70km) and 200km highway on gas. I can get 150km out of the petrol sub-tank (about 29L) on the highway. Want to put a snorkel and dyno/remap it in an attempt to bring it down, and get a little more HP out of it. Any rough cost estimated for the tune and or Unichip?

Any other tips?

Cheers in advance,

mihit
30th September 2022, 12:53 AM
Hi and welcome and the usual pleasantries.

I don't remember much about petrols, choosing only to run oil burners.

When you say "gas" do you mean LPG, CNG, or as the yanks call it "gasoline" ??
Each has a certain calorific density and liquid petrol tops the list.

More HP comes from more fuel, and less driveline/rolling resistance. (and if you want to get right up it, hotter cams, timing, etc)

mihit
30th September 2022, 12:56 AM
Oh, and yes. Use engine oil.

(viscosity dictated by operating environment)