PDA

View Full Version : Radiator and coolant levels

wexplorew
15th September 2022, 09:28 PM
I've got a GU with a TB45e, I just gently pushed on the back of the top radiator tank and accidentally snapped off a small plastic stud and created a pin-sized lead. I have temporarily stopped the lead with a small screw with a washer and some silicone.

I need to buy a new radiator, any tips? Should I go for copper or aluminum alloy core?

Are the factory radiators 2 core or 3 core?

mudski
16th September 2022, 11:04 AM
I've had both copper and alloy aftermarket radiators in mine and I saw zero difference in cooling performance. But I drive a TD so not much keeps them cool. I now run a a genuine radiator and would just stick with that.

EddieOlsen
16th September 2022, 03:02 PM
Try some JB Weld for plastic.

https://www.repco.com.au/en/car-care-panel/adhesives-sealants/general-adhesives/jb-weld-black-plastic-bonder-urethane-adhesive-syringe-mixer-25ml-50139/p/A5349534?rgfeed=true&cid=google-shopping&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&region_id=100005&gclid=Cj0KCQjwmouZBhDSARIsALYcouo_n8AZybbF2dVhyAn-zV9gunyI4bbFwIfIFyzZWC_QFnaFv4W4SUQaApwjEALw_wcB

MB
17th September 2022, 08:31 PM
OEM Nissan radiators for the win always in my personal experiences.
FWIW: I now carry super glue baby tubes and a small cannister of bi-carb soda ( USA baking powder)
Check Youtubey for what the two over each other drip/sprinkle….repeat, can achieve on plastic patches trackside [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mihit
20th September 2022, 09:16 AM
In my mind copper wins.
check also your waterpump and thermostat while you have it apart. Make sure your shrouds (upper and lower) are intact.

mihit
20th September 2022, 09:18 AM
crack a raw egg and a teaspoon of fine black pepper into the rad for a quick n dirty fix. works from the inside out...
one advantage of copper is it can be soldered/repaired trackside if you hole it in the wops.