PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

MooY63
15th September 2022, 10:22 AM
Hi everyone, new to this forum, we have just ordered a 2022 S5 TI Patrol and a Sunseeker Desert storm van to start travelling. Joined this forum to aid in the setup of our Y62 as we would love a rock-solid unit for years of trouble-free exploring.
Should have the Patrol by years end and would appreciate any guidance in worthy mods, as a tourer not too interested in lifts or GVM upgrades (may be only to axle limits)

Regards
Chris

mudnut
15th September 2022, 10:34 AM
Welcome to the forum.

AB
15th September 2022, 03:02 PM
Welcome to the forum mate!

growler2058
15th September 2022, 03:58 PM
G'day mate, welcome aboard

MudRunnerTD
15th September 2022, 06:50 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

There is plenty to know. Congrats on the buy. You will love it. I have a 21 TIL and it's great.

There is a fair bit to learn and know about these when setting up as a tow rig. We shouldn't have this chat in your intro though, it will get lost.

Start a chat in the Y62 section of General chat. I might have a thread there? If I do I will post a link here.

MudRunnerTD
15th September 2022, 06:56 PM
Here is a link with a bit of a photo bomb mate

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?52842-Planning-an-S5-Y62-Build

Happy to chat in that thread or your own thread in that section mate. Getting the car setup correctly for towing is very important as the wheel alignment is very fickle and if not done well you will scrub out tyres quickly.

Dhuck
17th September 2022, 01:00 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.