PDA

View Full Version : Silverstone MT-117 Extreme V Simex Centipedes

MB
10th September 2022, 10:21 PM
G’Evening NP.com.au,
Wanting/needing to work harder and save up to buy some gnarly faithful mud lugs for an upcoming adventure in 2023.
Showing my age here but honestly thought Silverstone were the original Pioneers of Jungle Traction patterns with their sponsored wins throughout Trans-Pen Malaysia/Borneo competition challenges throughout the 80’s/90’s.

http://www.silverstone.com.my/product/mt-117-xtreme

Just recently heard/learnt of Simex and Centipedes but can only find McGoogle images of an exact old school tyre similar/same to same original pattern?
Long story short, can’t find tonight any real McGoogle details on Simex Representation in Australia and or if they have available speciations anywhere’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taslucas
11th September 2022, 07:47 AM
Is this the type of thing you're after?

Second hand in Vic

35" Simex centipede tyres,
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/heathmont/wheels-tyres-rims/35-simex-centipede-tyres/1300500956?utm_source=com.google.android.keep&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=android_VIP_sticky

Price: $1,555

And this appears to be a Victorian distributor:

https://lrautomotive.com.au/contents/en-us/d704.html

.......from under the great down under.

MB
11th September 2022, 08:24 AM
Cheers Lucas Legend [emoji120][emoji120]

taslucas
11th September 2022, 09:07 AM
Cheers Lucas Legend [emoji120][emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI hope to see them used in anger! [emoji28][emoji28]

.......from under the great down under.

BrazilianY60
11th September 2022, 04:55 PM
These MT-117 reminded me of the Interco Super Swampers and some remold tires that were popular here some 20 years ago called Blackstar MudMax

nissannewby
11th September 2022, 05:07 PM
What about Nitto Mud Grapplers?

PeeBee
11th September 2022, 05:11 PM
have a good look at the slippers on mine@mb, dig like crazy, well behaved on the road, grippier than the BFG's by a mile I found.

Winnie
11th September 2022, 06:01 PM
I used to have those Silverstone tyres. They were absolute rubbish.
Don't expect them to last longer than 1 trip, lugs will tear off. Down right dangerous on the road. I don't think it's a good idea MB, have a look at the Nittos suggested by Matt.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

MudRunnerTD
11th September 2022, 08:21 PM
Yeah I struggle to find info on the Simex ET2 but I'm certain they predate the Silverstone. Simex don't have the sipes like the Silverstone. I remember 20 years ago when 33s were big ans the Jungle Trekka 2s were the go to in Aus. When 35s became the benchmark the the Simex ET2 were king beside Super Swampers .

I remember when the first guy turned up with the Silverstone. The lugs are smaller so further apart but it meant they wore Fast and made more noise. No good for the commute to the bush.

I remember when I first met AB he was running the Remold Copy of the Simex. Mongrels.

MudRunnerTD
11th September 2022, 08:32 PM
MB

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?21760-Cheap-mud-tyres

MB
14th September 2022, 05:55 PM
Thank You ALL Legend’s[emoji106][emoji106]
Ended up scoring and collecting the Simex ET2’s from Lucas’s kind Gumtree Vic findings above [emoji120][emoji120]
Finding a 5th spare one needed now is unfortunately proving extremely hard. Our local work tyre mob tried their hardest for new and I’ve spoken to LRA-Victoria to find they haven’t been imported from Malaysia for a few years now.
Considered just ordering a Silverstone MT-117 as a spare but find in reality their 35” is a true 34.7” diameter where as these Simex 35” are a larger true 915mm/36” diameter.
Does anybody out their possibly have some competition friends keen to sell one or two old/rough condition 35” Simex tyres as spare/s only needed? [emoji120][emoji120]

MB
14th September 2022, 06:14 PM
Reading online across the globe and nuffy trying to decipher is it possible that these Simex old weapons although sidewall printed 35” but in reality are 36” have been caught out for oversize in 35” competitive classes?
Maybe why they’re gone now, stuck in the middle between cheeky 35” and 37” new age weapon lugs?

MudRunnerTD
14th September 2022, 11:40 PM
jay cee do you still have those Simex ET2s you bight off me mate? Are they at end of life? Do you still have carcasses laying around? Could work as a spare for MB