PDA

View Full Version : Are TB42 and TB45 bottom ends the same?

BrazilianY60
8th September 2022, 09:04 AM
I've read that TB45 is a "bored" TB42, having the same throw and just biggers diameter pistons. That makes me think that crankshafts, bearings and conrods are the same.

But then I've also read here some topics where the lad was turboing his TB45 and mentioned that the general accepted recipe was to replace conrods to TB42 version...

So, apart from pistons and rings (and obviously the engine block for cilinder diameter), do both engines share crankshaft, bearings and conrods? If I'm to rebuild a TB45 and come across TB42 bearings, would those be suitable?

mudnut
8th September 2022, 11:29 AM
nissannewby. a good question for you, mate.

mitali
21st November 2022, 09:54 PM
I've read that TB45 is a "bored" TB42, having the same throw and just biggers diameter pistons. That makes me think that crankshafts, bearings and conrods are the same.

But then I've also read here some topics where the lad was turboing his TB45 and mentioned that the general accepted recipe was to replace conrods to TB42 version...

So, apart from pistons and rings (and obviously the engine block for cilinder diameter), do both engines share crankshaft, bearings and conrods? If I'm to rebuild a TB45 and come across TB42 bearings, would those be suitable?

This issue has been solved.

Plasnart
21st November 2022, 10:01 PM
This issue has been solved.

Wow, only 13 months since your last nonsensical post. What is the point you cracker? Not even any spam links!