PDA

View Full Version : Waeco CF-80 Qestion / Help

NissanGQ4.2
14th August 2022, 04:03 PM
Hi guyz n girlz,

In my whole camping life I have never ran a fridge, always used an esky or 2 and ice.

Anyhow's when I picked up the new GQ ( which I still haven't done anything with! :( ) it came with a Waeco CF-80 Cool Freeze but was missing the 12v lead and 240v lead, today I decided 2 head down 2 my closest BCF and bought a 12v lead which stated it fitted it fitted the CF80/80DZ/110 and also bought a 240v lead which said suited CFX/CF/CR

So got back home and thought I would plug it in on 240V....... um where is the socket for 240v???? so I looked up manuals online and found one that shows a 12v socket and a 240v socket, but mine only has 1 socket surely they did not make a fridge / freezer that u can't run on 240v or did they? The manual I found says CF-80AC but mine is a CF-80DC but I can't find any info or manual on it?

So basically does anyone know if this runs on 240v as well????

Cheers in advance,

Todd

P.S: whats the best way of cleaning red bulldust of the cover bag and inside???

MB
14th August 2022, 05:27 PM
G’day Toddstar Mate, pretty sure our old CF80 had 2x power plug ports if that’s what they’re called? One each side (left & right) of the emergency override switch with either being 12/24V DC & 220/240V AC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NissanGQ4.2
14th August 2022, 05:37 PM
G’day Toddstar Mate, pretty sure our old CF80 had 2x power plug ports if that’s what they’re called? One each side (left & right) of the emergency override switch with either being 12/24V DC & 220/240V AC.

Hi mate, Yeh that's exactly how it shows it in the manual I downloaded, but this 1 certainly doesn't have 2 power plug ports but seriously can't understand why they would ditch the 240v option so thought I might be missing something

MudRunnerTD
14th August 2022, 06:03 PM
Yeah sorry Toddy you have been led a stray mate. The early Waecos use a 240v to 12v inverter. Check the link below. 8 have 2 of the CF80s and they were bought at least 8 years apart and both use the converter in the link. Cheap way for Waeco to sell a 240v capable fridge qithout engineering it in.

https://www.bcf.com.au/p/waeco-adaptor-eps-817-240v/118483.html

Take the 240v lead back and buy the converter or chase one on eBay.

AB
14th August 2022, 06:31 PM
Yeah sorry Toddy you have been led a stray mate. The early Waecos use a 240v to 12v inverter. Check the link below. 8 have 2 of the CF80s and they were bought at least 8 years apart and both use the converter in the link. Cheap way for Waeco to sell a 240v capable fridge qithout engineering it in.

Yep as Dazz said Todd but converter should be pretty cheap, take that 240 plug back and same price will get you one on eBay.

NissanGQ4.2
14th August 2022, 06:54 PM

Thanks mate, will take the 240v lead back

NissanGQ4.2
19th August 2022, 06:46 PM
Not sure if I should be posting here or the Angry thread but anyhow, I'm here now....

So returned the 240v lead back today and purchased the 240v to 12v inverter in Dazza's link ( thanks mate ), before even trying it which in hind sight I guess I should of done, I blew out the majority of bull dust from inside ( first pic ), it was a very light blow of air so can't see it doing any damage or blowing a wire from a connector, but anyhow... nothing no power. took it outside 2 the car and plugged it in 2 the ciggy lighter... nothing.

Thought it might of been a faulty 12v lead but plugged it back into the converter and tested with a multi meter and got 14.9v

Am I missing something or is the fridge just dead

NissanGQ4.2
19th August 2022, 07:13 PM
Yep as Dazz said Todd but converter should be pretty cheap, take that 240 plug back and same price will get you one on eBay.

20 bucks for 240v lead.... 130 bucks for convertor from BCF!!!

NissanGQ4.2
21st August 2022, 12:47 PM
Bumping this up

Not sure if I should be posting here or the Angry thread but anyhow, I'm here now....

So returned the 240v lead back today and purchased the 240v to 12v inverter in Dazza's link ( thanks mate ), before even trying it which in hind sight I guess I should of done, I blew out the majority of bull dust from inside ( first pic ), it was a very light blow of air so can't see it doing any damage or blowing a wire from a connector, but anyhow... nothing no power. took it outside 2 the car and plugged it in 2 the ciggy lighter... nothing.

Thought it might of been a faulty 12v lead but plugged it back into the converter and tested with a multi meter and got 14.9v

Am I missing something or is the fridge just dead

Touses
22nd August 2022, 09:09 AM
Recently had same prob with my 90lt, Turned out was the display, the power button is part and parcel of it.

Display packs it in, everything packs it in. You should be able to purchase the display online / ebay.

MudRunnerTD
22nd August 2022, 05:09 PM
I think there is a fuse holder somewhere too. A glass fuse is in my head...

NissanGQ4.2
22nd August 2022, 07:44 PM
You don't happen 2 have a manual showing the location by any chance mate, I'm hoping its just a fuse

I think there is a fuse holder somewhere too. A glass fuse is in my head...

Cremulator
23rd August 2022, 08:26 AM
This could be the fuse location in the 240v socket.
https://youtu.be/0lDnivc7r9s

NissanGQ4.2
23rd August 2022, 07:40 PM
Mine doesn't have a 240v plug connection, might just have 2 start ripping it apart.

Thanks for the link anyway :)

This could be the fuse location in the 240v socket.
https://youtu.be/0lDnivc7r9s

Touses
24th August 2022, 08:46 AM
Will it run on emergency override?
If it will, it is definitely the display.
All controls run through there, power on/off, temp setting and wi fi if capable.

Cremulator
24th August 2022, 09:47 AM
Mine doesn't have a 240v plug connection, might just have 2 start ripping it apart.

Thanks for the link anyway :)Yep sorry, you did post photos of your model. I forgot yours only had the 12v socket.
Have a look at this collection of videos (I only watched the first one, but the model looks that same as yours).
In the first video he swaps the two internal temperature probes, might be worth a try too?
Not sure what the other videos cover but they look like more complex disassembly ;)
https://www.fixya.com/support/t29366139-waeco_cf_80_only_running_emergency

NissanGQ4.2
30th August 2022, 06:22 PM
Will it run on emergency override?
If it will, it is definitely the display.
All controls run through there, power on/off, temp setting and wi fi if capable.

Nope nothing even when on emergency override, I rang my uncle ( previous owner ) and he said the last time he used it was for a trip around Australia and he had no issues with it then. It sat for a few years in the back of the patrol unused until I got my hands on it