PDA

View Full Version : Is there a nicer way to route this cable?

pollenface
9th August 2022, 11:09 PM
So i put a solar panel on the roof. Not sure what to do with the cable, it goes to the fridge battery in the rear....

BrazilianY60
9th August 2022, 11:15 PM
Maybe through the venting ports behind the window on the picture? On a GQ that would be on the last column as a separate piece. In yours it seems to be part of the window frame.

pollenface
9th August 2022, 11:17 PM
Yeah I did try that but couldn't get the cable to go into the vent and couldn't find where it would come out inside the body

BrazilianY60
9th August 2022, 11:22 PM
My experience is with a GQ, so yours may vary. On the GQ, if you remove the tail light, the cable would be right above it. To route it forward into the cab, I would then remove the internal panel over the rear wheel well and go from there.

mudski
10th August 2022, 08:00 AM
This is how i run my solar cable and also for the light bar.

jff45
10th August 2022, 08:36 AM
I recall this subject came up not long ago but I can’t find the pics I posted then. I found the neatest solution was through the vent but you have to remove the vent and from the inside drill through 2 layers of metal just behind the rear seat belt cover.

Where it enters in the pic it drops down first then comes back up to enter the cabin so no chance of water entry.

pollenface
10th August 2022, 09:27 AM
looks beautiful, thanks :)

Hodge
10th August 2022, 03:16 PM
This is what I done. Those vents have a perfect cavity to feed cable through to the internal rear quarter (where my battery setup is ).
When the cable enters the plastic grille thing it goes up before it S bends over and then feeds downwards into the internal cavity. So water drip in through the cable is not possible.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/08/30.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/08/31.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk