PDA

View Full Version : ZD30 will torque converter and plate fit to a manual engine

Dagwill
8th August 2022, 12:29 PM
Hi, Engine in my auto has done 360K and have just sheared the little dowel from timing sprocket driving the cams, so same result as broken timing chain. I can get a manual engine and just do a swap "IF" its possible to swap the flywheel for the existing plate on the back of my existing engine, which is auto.
Thanks David

mudski
9th August 2022, 07:51 AM
I can't see why not. People are doing auto to manual conversions, vice versa, all the time.

jff45
9th August 2022, 08:18 AM
Maybe someone could check on their Nissan Fast to see if cranks are the same part #.
I can't see Nissan complicating production by having a different crank for manual or auto when there's no logical reason for it.

mudski
9th August 2022, 08:39 AM
Maybe someone could check on their Nissan Fast to see if cranks are the same part #.
I can't see Nissan complicating production by having a different crank for manual or auto when there's no logical reason for it.

Might be onto something John. But all these part numbers could well supersede to the one part number which this doesn't say.

jff45
10th August 2022, 08:19 AM
Cheers, Mark. Looks like the ZDs between 11.2002 & 08.2005 didn't have a crankshaft :)