PDA

View Full Version : New to the group/patrol

ScutterOz
28th July 2022, 02:06 PM
Afternoon all.
Just saying hello to the community and patrol world in general. I'm still in the 'what have i done!!' phase of owning the patrol, part excitement, part apprehension and part pure terror!

I'm not on this ride to go around the world or up and down mountains and i'm sure there are better cars more suited to what i need at a better price... but i still bought a patrol anyway!

She's an old girl, but not as old as some. From the research i did you'd think it'll blow up the shed as soon as i get it home (if it gets home) - yup a 3L. But i have faith! It runs well and wasn't expensive, leaving money in the bank for parts/fixes. SO hopefully i did the right thing.

Anyway, :thumbup: here we go!

AB
28th July 2022, 03:33 PM
Welcome to the forum mate!

mihit
28th July 2022, 04:56 PM
Well well. A POOtroll with a grenade. What HAVE you done?!

If it doesn't have the higher mark on the dipstick, (Hopefully someone here can confirm the measurement) -overfill- with oil. I believe all the explodey engines were caused by oil starvation.

mudnut
28th July 2022, 05:10 PM
Welcome to the forum.

MB
28th July 2022, 08:36 PM
Well well. A POOtroll with a grenade. What HAVE you done?!

If it doesn't have the higher mark on the dipstick, (Hopefully someone here can confirm the measurement) -overfill- with oil. I believe all the explodey engines were caused by oil starvation.

Crikey mihit Mate[emoji120][emoji120]
I’m a mechanical TD42 Nuffy at best but honestly thought internetty only read there was some well over high EGT piston cooking issues too on our 3.0L cousins? Prados had similar piston issues too thought ‘read only’ on heavy overloaded hauling smaller diesels too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dhuck
29th July 2022, 10:01 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

growler2058
29th July 2022, 03:12 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard. one word NADS!

mihit
31st July 2022, 08:54 AM
Crikey mihit Mate[emoji120][emoji120]
I’m a mechanical TD42 Nuffy at best but honestly thought internetty only read there was some well over high EGT piston cooking issues too on our 3.0L cousins? Prados had similar piston issues too thought ‘read only’ on heavy overloaded hauling smaller diesels too?

Yeah I think that was from the oil squirters up under the piston skirt weren't getting fed...Could be wrong never dealt with it myself (I only buy real engines, TD or go home :D )

MB
1st August 2022, 09:07 PM
Welcome Aboard ScutterOz Mates [emoji120][emoji106][emoji106]
Don’t listen to Kiwi Mihit Mate & My Bullshit [emoji51] Growler is on the Money with NADS [emoji120][emoji120]
Plenty of 400k+ Legends still out there Easily Smashing Australian Beautiful Sites [emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji106][emoji106]

BrazilianY60
2nd August 2022, 04:10 AM
Welcome to the forum mate!