PDA

View Full Version : 2012 ZD30. Oil filter spigot!!

Coldcomfort
19th July 2022, 01:43 PM
Mine is gone! I dont know when it was not installed. But Ive done lots of oil changes over the years. I bought it new. Has anyone else noticed the plastic spigot in the oil filter housing missing?

mudski
19th July 2022, 01:48 PM
Patrol a part get these made and sell them separately as Ni$$an don't. Pretty important to have the spigot in too as it keeps the filter straight so the head of the element sits square on the head and seals properly. Otherwise oil will leak past the filter and no go through the filter.

Coldcomfort
19th July 2022, 02:07 PM
New one ordered.... This was just a bit sobering.... Scary even.

BrazilianY60
19th July 2022, 11:47 PM
What is this spigot thing?

jack
20th July 2022, 01:43 AM
What is this spigot thing?

Here you go.

https://patrolapart.com.au/product/oil-filter-housing-spigot-fits-nissan-patrol-gu-y61-zd30-black

timbo2410
30th July 2022, 07:32 PM
I had my GU serviced at Nissan where I lived. The service was so bad I took it to a local guy .. the spigot was missing ??? so much for Nissan care .. but how can you tell??

pollenface
31st July 2022, 09:41 AM
You can tell because the filter won't be held in place properly when you're putting can back on the motor. It's there secure it and force the oil to go through the filter paper, so without it your oil is not getting filtered at all as it will flow straight back through the hole at the other end (that should be plugged with the spigot).