PDA

View Full Version : ARB Hydraulic hi-lift JACK

PeeBee
10th July 2022, 05:11 PM
Has anyone got one of these or seen how they perform? No stuff like your aunty heard about one or similar, actually used one, want to understand the advantages, they seem safer to use in some ways that the potential for the kangaroo tail action of the standard hi-lift that almost took my head off recently.

mudnut
10th July 2022, 06:54 PM
Still only as good the jacking points on the vehicle, but damn, they look easier and safer to use. And at a big price! Watch the video on ARB's website.

PeeBee
10th July 2022, 08:37 PM
Thanks Craig, they certainly look a lot more controlled n raise and lower, mount locations obviously a player in how risky the big lifts are, waiting for them to come back in stock at Patrol a Part but after first hand experience as they are expensive

MudRunnerTD
10th July 2022, 10:25 PM
Watch this video Phil

https://youtu.be/fzLP1LMH92c

MB
10th July 2022, 11:15 PM
That was Dogshit Sorry Dazman [emoji51][emoji23]
Zero mention of an Exhaust Pumpkin Jack for soft sandy conditions [emoji26]
Who in their right mind would bother considering taking their shed trolley jack on holidays.
OEM bottle Jacks, in OEM situ position are awesome for all sorts of rugged mechanical work albeit horrible for safely lifting off hard ground.
Agreed, Hi-Lift quality/maintained mechanical jacks shouldn’t be used on can opening Beautiful Y62’s and the like but old utes, trailers with care nothing beats them IMHO.
Disclaimer: Learn THEM Safely/Quality [emoji120][emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MudRunnerTD
10th July 2022, 11:31 PM
That was Dogshit Sorry Dazman [emoji51][emoji23]
Zero mention of an Exhaust Pumpkin Jack for soft sandy conditions [emoji26]
Who in their right mind would bother considering taking their shed trolley jack on holidays.
OEM bottle Jacks, in OEM situ position are awesome for all sorts of rugged mechanical work albeit horrible for safely lifting off hard ground.
Agreed, Hi-Lift quality/maintained mechanical jacks shouldn’t be used on can opening Beautiful Y62’s and the like but old utes, trailers with care nothing beats them IMHO.
Disclaimer: Learn THEM Safely/Quality [emoji120][emoji120]

Harsh. Lol. I only posted that vid as he specifically uses the ARB Jack, it's the only vid I've seen one in action. I agreed the Exhaust Jack is standard inclusion in both cars.

I liked that vid for the 62 though as that is how I found it. 8 have followed his direction and have a Bottle Jack from a GU and a Jack extension kit for the 62.

MB
10th July 2022, 11:35 PM
Not You Brother, Apologies [emoji26][emoji106][emoji106]

Stropp
11th July 2022, 12:54 AM
I agreed the Exhaust Jack is standard inclusion in both cars mudrunner I remember one exploding under my gu 😜

MB
11th July 2022, 01:08 AM
FWIW: A decent chainsaw, decent Aussie nearby hardwood logs, and a silly understanding of geometry will reverse kick a real pre 62 live axle up for any height Shenanigan’s [emoji51]

MudRunnerTD
11th July 2022, 02:02 AM
I agreed the Exhaust Jack is standard inclusion in both cars mudrunner I remember one exploding under my gu 😜

Yeah first and only time I've seen or heard of that happening. Your GU was pretty bloody Fat at the time though lol. I have replaced that bag without hesitation and carry it always.

PeeBee
11th July 2022, 02:30 AM
Ok thanks guys, the bottle jack and extensions makes good sense as well as the ARB jack, although you ultimately lose the emergency winch capability I assume with the ARB unit but to be honest I have never needed that nor would welcome giving it a go on a fully laden vehicle. I have used the old jackal hi lift for decades but recently used one in a shed and it malfunctioned for no known reason and came down in a flurry of handle flapping that was very dangerous. Still thinking this thru

Hodge
11th July 2022, 10:34 AM
Walk into your nearest locality ARB Philstar mate. Store near me has one or 2 setup for play, feel, touch. Welcomed to take to car park and try on my GU.
And then pending re-mortgage approval possibilities of purchasing one could be on the table if you so wish :icon_bonk:.

PeeBee
11th July 2022, 10:47 AM
Walk into your nearest locality ARB Philstar mate. Store near me has one or 2 setup for play, feel, touch. Welcomed to take to car park and try on my GU.
And then pending re-mortgage approval possibilities of purchasing one could be on the table if you so wish :icon_bonk:.

Thanks Hodge, I might wander over to Kilsyth and pick one up with a ground plate.

Stropp
12th July 2022, 03:17 PM
Yeah first and only time I've seen or heard of that happening. Your GU was pretty bloody Fat at the time though lol. I have replaced that bag without hesitation and carry it always.

Yes I have a new one sitting for the next trip 👍

MB
12th July 2022, 10:16 PM
Emergency Purpose’s ONLY, Slowly/Safely [emoji120][emoji120]
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/07/92.jpg

Plasnart
12th July 2022, 10:28 PM
Emergency Purpose’s ONLY, Slowly/Safely [emoji120][emoji120]
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/07/92.jpg

Holy shit I'd love to see that happen on video! Who's gonna post that up here pretty please?

PeeBee
12th July 2022, 10:32 PM
WTF is the sketch of anyway? What's the buddy count @mb

MB
12th July 2022, 10:34 PM
Litigiousness has too many letters these days Old Mate [emoji26]

PeeBee
12th July 2022, 10:35 PM
I picked it straight up, mystery solved, thanks and good noight

MB
12th July 2022, 11:00 PM
FWIW: If trying to ingeniously model fulcrums, Australian Sapwood’s (skins) are by far the toughest growth and gnarly timber/lumber [emoji23]
Just don’t expect their outer whites to not geometrically hold still or they will still break and slide [emoji23]
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/07/93.jpg

MB
12th July 2022, 11:18 PM
Quick Question Mr ARB Bossman [emoji120]
My compressor is blown up and I have a flat tyre…..any advice from the…..[emoji23]

MB
12th July 2022, 11:19 PM
Aargh shitbricks, my jackoff doesn’t work either [emoji2957]

PeeBee
13th July 2022, 09:46 AM
Sounds like a typical night in the shed to me.

MB
14th July 2022, 07:10 PM
Wacky thought Philstar, you’ve got an ingenious hydraulic system being built in for F/R Beast winches with Quick Plumbs for auxiliary Farm potential. Why not go the whole way and hydraulic rated ram honestly a Jack to twin-cab GQ tray/bullbar custom mount wherever you like? Suspecting you’d still need a safety prop for each point too in case of fluid blow out/failure and a mechanical jack backup [emoji1696][emoji120]

PeeBee
14th July 2022, 11:06 PM
Wacky thought Philstar, you’ve got an ingenious hydraulic system being built in for F/R Beast winches with Quick Plumbs for auxiliary Farm potential. Why not go the whole way and hydraulic rated ram honestly a Jack to twin-cab GQ tray/bullbar custom mount wherever you like? Suspecting you’d still need a safety prop for each point too in case of fluid blow out/failure and a mechanical jack backup [emoji1696][emoji120]

Jesus your imagination is fertile. Its all doable I guess. 2" ram at 1500psi=4.7T, 3" ram =4.8T, guess it is worth thinking about, bit of detail design involved, don't know right now. Probably a bit heavier than the ARB unit I would think.

PeeBee
21st August 2022, 09:45 PM
Placed the order today for the jack, looks a lot safer than the Jackall unit I have used since 1984! Just need to get the base now

Sprock
22nd August 2022, 10:43 AM
Is there any additional wiring Required with the hydraulic jack Philo or as the name suggests purely hydraulic?

PeeBee
22nd August 2022, 10:59 AM
Is there any additional wiring Required with the hydraulic jack Philo or as the name suggests purely hydraulic?

Yes I need a 240v supply for the purple dildo I will be using to get the 'up and down' hand action right for the handle. Trust you all had another great weekend?

rusty_nail
22nd August 2022, 03:35 PM
Maybe you should just install some outriggers mate? They are hydraulic and don't require 240v [emoji6][emoji6][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

PeeBee
22nd August 2022, 06:49 PM
Maybe you should just install some outriggers mate? They are hydraulic and don't require 240v [emoji6][emoji6][emoji23]

Every bugger makes a noise at how heavy my barge is, yet encourages me to make it heavier! All good ideas but reckon I will leave that one for a bigger barge than mine Nicco. I think the combo between the airbag, ARB jack and Roadsafe jack extensions I should be right. I bought the entire kit so have a couple of safe options on board.

rusty_nail
22nd August 2022, 08:48 PM
Every bugger makes a noise at how heavy my barge is, yet encourages me to make it heavier! All good ideas but reckon I will leave that one for a bigger barge than mine Nicco. I think the combo between the airbag, ARB jack and Roadsafe jack extensions I should be right. I bought the entire kit so have a couple of safe options on board.Sorry mate, I just couldn't help myself was definitely being cheeky. I reckon you've got a great setup on the way

pollenface
28th August 2022, 05:57 AM
I take 3 jacks with me.

The original bottle jack, an 8t hydraulic bottle jack & a 3t high lift which is also setup as a hand winch. The 8t hydraulic jack is my fav.

PeeBee
28th August 2022, 07:15 AM
I take 3 jacks with me.

The original bottle jack, an 8t hydraulic bottle jack & a 3t high lift which is also setup as a hand winch. The 8t hydraulic jack is my fav.

Good mix of options there for sure. I have finally assembled the Roadsafe jack assembly that is a modular system to go on top of a mechanical or hydraulic jack, instead of trying to chock up the jack or level the base with rocks and planks of wood. One component was incorrectly machined so the kit would not fit together. I went back to the supplier and they brushed it off, claimed they didn't have any additional components so send it back or modify yourself - strange approach to the issue. Anyway, I had the bore skimmed on the lathe and all good. Also have jack adapters so it can fit a hydraulic jack up to 20T. The ARB 'Jack' is in transit from PAP, waiting on the jack ground pad also to come back into stock.

PeeBee
11th September 2022, 02:08 PM
Jack arrived whilst on site, awesome bit of gear, beautifully manufactured and complete with padded waterproof bag and a good set of instructions. Have not used it yet.8591385914 Waiting for baseplate to arrive.

Stropp
13th September 2022, 04:48 PM
Jack arrived whilst on site, awesome bit of gear, beautifully manufactured and complete with padded waterproof bag and a good set of instructions. Have not used it yet.8591385914 Waiting for baseplate to arrive.

Can you tell me $ cost please

PeeBee
13th September 2022, 08:24 PM
Not trying to sound like a pompous dick, I dont recall, simply purchased from Patrol a Part since they are a supporting organisation. I think it was around $1300, plus the mount pad at circa $80 delivered. Its a very high quality item from first appearances. I am happy to change from the hi lift jack as it almost took my chin off on a recent use - MB may recall the bloody thing clacking down and the handle flicking up and down without any chance to arrest its movement in the shed. Having said that, I have used this jack for some 30 odd years and maybe it has reached the end of its operational use. I think it will be chopped up and end its life in the recycling bin.

rusty_nail
22nd September 2022, 09:22 PM
Phil. Just seen this tonight. Maybe game changer? [emoji6][emoji38]

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1231450867611864?s=yWDuG2&fs=e

PeeBee
23rd September 2022, 06:25 AM
Phil. Just seen this tonight. Maybe game changer? [emoji6][emoji38]

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1231450867611864?s=yWDuG2&fs=e

That is clever, ball screw/linear actuator I guess. will be interesting how it lasts with side loading as well as vertical, very neat

Cremulator
27th September 2022, 12:00 AM
I liked that vid for the 62 though as that is how I found it. 8 have followed his direction and have a Bottle Jack from a GU and a Jack extension kit for the 62.
MudRunnerTD, you're either drunk posting again with a throwaway account or you have some admin to do!
Pew Pew!!
(You can delete this too so I don't look like a Mudnut [emoji23])

MudRunnerTD
27th September 2022, 12:18 AM
MudRunnerTD, you're either drunk posting again with a throwaway account or you have some admin to do!
Pew Pew!!
(You can delete this too so I don't look like a Mudnut [emoji23])

Wow!! How Bizzare was that! I'm like WTF! I had to go back ans figure out what was what!!! Good pickup.