PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Alex Partikas
26th June 2022, 04:49 PM
Hi my name is Alex (answer to Greg too)
I had an old Range Rover TDV8, which I traded when it got to 150,000 kms
It was lovely to drive and I joined Land Rover Club of Vic, did their weekend 4wd training at Werribee
Didn't too much adventurous stuff with it

Anyway wifey just got her licence so I'm letting her have the Skoda Octavia VRS while I'm in the market for a new / good used 4wd

The Y62 with the 5.6 L V8 seems a nice 4wd, have driven a few (test drives) and impressed by its performance, albeit inside a bit dated

Good engine, gearbox and reliable are my tick boxes (not too keen on too much electronics )

Landcruisers too pricey and up to 2 years waiting list

Just wondering how the 5.6 V8 goes long term

Neighbour drives a 4.0 V6 Prado (2012) and is a mechanic and reckon the Nissan V8'S have head issues around 160,000 kms

I don't plan to upgrade this 4wd, so want something reliable and easy to get a good and reliable service until I retire from driving

Cheers, Alex

growler2058
26th June 2022, 06:27 PM
G’day mate welcome aboard

AB
27th June 2022, 09:08 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Dhuck
27th June 2022, 09:53 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

mudnut
27th June 2022, 11:01 AM
Welcome to the forum.

jack
27th June 2022, 01:23 PM
Anyway wifey just got her licence so I'm letting her have the Skoda Octavia VRS while I'm in the market for a new / good used 4wd

The Y62 with the 5.6 L V8 seems a nice 4wd, have driven a few (test drives) and impressed by its performance, albeit inside a bit dated

Good engine, gearbox and reliable are my tick boxes (not too keen on too much electronics )

Landcruisers too pricey and up to 2 years waiting list

Just wondering how the 5.6 V8 goes long term

Neighbour drives a 4.0 V6 Prado (2012) and is a mechanic and reckon the Nissan V8'S have head issues around 160,000 kms

I don't plan to upgrade this 4wd, so want something reliable and easy to get a good and reliable service until I retire from driving

Cheers, Alex

Hi Alex (Greg),

Probably best to ask these questions in the Y62 thread on the forum. Not everyone reads the introductions thread.