PDA

View Full Version : Elocker or air locker

Stropp
20th June 2022, 09:21 PM
Wanted front switched locker for 2003 gu3

MB
20th June 2022, 09:47 PM
If and when before silly death I get to enjoy retirement Stroppstar, my Ultimate Tourer choice will have to be E-Locker types [emoji123][emoji123]
Whilst I’m still up here in the Switchback Hills hairpin corners I’ll keep running Air near Instant type ARB Lockers for now [emoji120][emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MB
20th June 2022, 10:05 PM
Explaining better for my own retirement hopefully, sick to absolute death of Air Leaks on old work trucks [emoji35]
In regards Air Lockers, every company as I understand has been chasing ARB to achieve a fastest bolt drop since their creation?
Choose a LOCKER system that suits our planned driving needs, unfortunately manufacturers don’t divulge of their rotational distance/circumference needs to LOCK their devices in time.
E-Lock for my long straight run across Bulldust future retirement needs [emoji120][emoji120]

MB
20th June 2022, 10:12 PM
FWIW: May offend some, apologies, but Auto-Lockers would never be in my choice [emoji26]
Have witnessed Top Mates with them needing to steer crazy lines up embankments in crawling gears to spook them out of cog ?
Select iSelect…………Simples [emoji23]

BrazilianY60
21st June 2022, 04:50 AM
Auto-Lockers on the rear diff are no problem. Front diff its suicide...

Regarding ARB vs E-Locker, I have the impression that the ARB housing and gears are better. If I recall correctly, E-Locker for Dana 44s here in Brazil had only 2 planetary gears while any ARB has 4.

Cuppa
21st June 2022, 07:22 PM
Love my front e-locker. Everyone else exiting Palm creek on the OTT were either bouncing or spinning (smoking) wheels. I just drove up. A pretty young lady came across to where I'd pulled up & said "You made that look easy mate".

So there ya go, get an e-locker & attract the women! :icon_driving:

Stropp
21st June 2022, 10:48 PM
Love my front e-locker
So there ya go, get an e-locker & attract the women! :icon_driving:

Ok you convinced me cuppa, e locker it is now where are the women ha ha ha

MB
22nd June 2022, 08:32 PM
Auto-Lockers on the rear diff are no problem. Front diff its suicide...

Regarding ARB vs E-Locker, I have the impression that the ARB housing and gears are better. If I recall correctly, E-Locker for Dana 44s here in Brazil had only 2 planetary gears while any ARB has 4.

There is many Comp Legends apparently chasing the Oldest Original ARB Lockers Too BZ Mate [emoji123][emoji123][emoji106][emoji106] MudRunnerTD may be able to explain Betterer than I [emoji26]

mudski
22nd June 2022, 08:53 PM

There is many Comp Legends apparently chasing the Oldest Original ARB Lockers Too BZ Mate [emoji123][emoji123][emoji106][emoji106] MudRunnerTD may be able to explain Betterer than I [emoji26]

My air locker I have, yes its from China, surprise! From memory when I got it, its the leftovers from the original ARB design. But, it has not failed me once in the 7 years I've had it. Not that its been used once in the last two years though. Sorry once, a quad seal had to be changed... Tested it out last weekend with the wood trailer in tow, and no leaks...

MB
22nd June 2022, 09:09 PM
You’re Well Equipped Mr Mark, Pimped HM & ALL[emoji123][emoji123][emoji106][emoji106]

MB
22nd June 2022, 09:11 PM
Up for a Spooky Poo [emoji90] Drive Brother [emoji120][emoji120][emoji106][emoji106]

MudRunnerTD
23rd June 2022, 01:31 AM
My air locker I have, yes its from China, surprise! From memory when I got it, its the leftovers from the original ARB design. But, it has not failed me once in the 7 years I've had it. Not that its been used once in the last two years though. Sorry once, a quad seal had to be changed... Tested it out last weekend with the wood trailer in tow, and no leaks...

The ARB Airlocker is designed, Machined and fully manufactured in Kilsyth Victoria mate. you have not got a "Left Over" ARB Locker, you have a Chinese copy 100%. If it gets the job done though then its getting it done.

The "Old Style" ARB Airlocker had a different main Seal that was more reliable. Many of the Comp guys are chasing the original design. They also for the same reason want the Warn 6HP Motor made in Brazil, Not Mexico for the same reason. it was just a better build. Most have now moved on to the Bow2 Motor or the Red Winch for best output or the Mahle like you ahve @MB

BrazilianY60
23rd June 2022, 05:30 AM
The ARB Airlocker is designed, Machined and fully manufactured in Kilsyth Victoria mate. you have not got a "Left Over" ARB Locker, you have a Chinese copy 100%.

Was afraid to say that without 100% confidence, but this is really what I've always heard, 100% Aussie product.

They also for the same reason want the Warn 6HP Motor made in Brazil, Not Mexico for the same reason. it was just a better build.
Yess! Go Brazil! :animierte-smilies-t

I have one brazilian made warn motor in my winch, low mount though...

mudski
23rd June 2022, 08:22 AM
The ARB Airlocker is designed, Machined and fully manufactured in Kilsyth Victoria mate. you have not got a "Left Over" ARB Locker, you have a Chinese copy 100%. If it gets the job done though then its getting it done.

The "Old Style" ARB Airlocker had a different main Seal that was more reliable. Many of the Comp guys are chasing the original design. They also for the same reason want the Warn 6HP Motor made in Brazil, Not Mexico for the same reason. it was just a better build. Most have now moved on to the Bow2 Motor or the Red Winch for best output or the Mahle like you ahve @MB

Yeah it was a while ago so just going from fuzzy memories. But I do recall something in the kit had ARB stamped on it. Probably just the Chinese doing heir best again at replicating. But yep, used it plenty of times without fail.