PDA

View Full Version : Genuine Disc brake pads ? GU

Tip12345
17th June 2022, 09:34 AM
Hi all what's peoples thaughts on Genuine Disc brake pads . the original ones need to be replaced soon 250,000 kms .

mudski
17th June 2022, 09:47 AM
I've used Genuine pads for a long time now. No issues at all. Im almost due for a new set and will buy them again without doubt.

Rossco
17th June 2022, 12:36 PM
Yeah another vote for genuine, find they stop heaps better than Bendix and wear isn't too bad really. .

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Cuppa
18th June 2022, 01:45 PM
The genuine ones on mine were more effective than wishful thinking, but only just. Their level of performance was 'dangerous'.

MB
18th June 2022, 09:01 PM
I know zero about brakes but wondering if your big DX Leafy Ute Beast towing across our Great Land on your Top Adventures Cuppa Mate does require better than OEM? I know my old work DX leafy was a pig of a thing to pull up around town with heavy trailers and seem to recall you kindly mentioning something about “Green Pads” or similar are better for hauling Patrols ? [emoji120][emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jack
19th June 2022, 01:20 AM
I’m running the RDA/EBC all round with Yellowstuff pads, I rate the combination highly. Followed the bedding in instructions to the letter.
In my opinion way better than the genuine and that's with a fair bit of towing involved.

Cuppa
19th June 2022, 05:34 PM
I know zero about brakes but wondering if your big DX Leafy Ute Beast towing across our Great Land on your Top Adventures Cuppa Mate does require better than OEM? I know my old work DX leafy was a pig of a thing to pull up around town with heavy trailers and seem to recall you kindly mentioning something about “Green Pads” or similar are better for hauling Patrols ? [emoji120][emoji120]

The point at which i determined they were dangerous was long before we had loaded up for travelling & were not towing. I driving home at moderate speed to whar was our new home near Ballarat. Uncertain ogf the turn off I needed to take I saw it fairly late. In any other car I could have slowed & made the turn without difficulty, but the with my foot jammed hard on the brakes I still overshot it!. Yes I went to EBC Greenstuff pads with RDA dimpled & slotted rotors - a huge improvement. Now on the yellowstuff pads - same but better on long descents as they can handle heat better (not that I had a problem with the green stuff pads, but the higher heat tolerance for me is a peace of mind thing). However there are now other options - the hydraulic booster arrangement someone here recently fitted arrangement sounds really good, although for now I'm happy to stick with what I have.

jff45
20th June 2022, 03:03 PM
The hydro boost has made me fall in love with my Patrol all over again especially teamed up with slotted rotors and ECB pads.
Slowly getting used to the pedal having almost zero travel. It’s like it starts to brake when it senses your foot just touching it.
Absolutely love it!

MB
21st June 2022, 12:10 AM
Hi all what's peoples thaughts on Genuine Disc brake pads . the original ones need to be replaced soon 250,000 kms .

Not exactly sure Tip Mate [emoji26]
On A Budget Too, can anyone helpfully suggest? [emoji23][emoji120][emoji120]

jff45
21st June 2022, 08:09 AM
Not exactly sure Tip Mate [emoji26]
On A Budget Too, can anyone helpfully suggest? [emoji23][emoji120][emoji120]

With the genuine pads, the 4.8 pads are claimed to be the better choice.

pollenface
30th July 2022, 03:29 PM
I'm due to do pads, they are squealing a bit. Can someone confirm whether the same size pad fits front & rear?

Some are advertised as front, some are advertised as rear, some are advertised as front or rear ... which is getting me confused.

jff45
31st July 2022, 08:14 AM
Rear pads are much smaller

pollenface
31st July 2022, 09:22 AM
cool thanks

Tip12345
1st August 2022, 09:39 AM
well changed the pads old ones still had 50% left ..
Then the master cylinder By passed . new master cylinder . ! oh poo !!!