PDA

View Full Version : Sump guard that suits rhino front bar

Velkro
11th June 2022, 06:21 PM
Hi all, just looking to get some underbody protection put on my series 5, specifically for sump protection, the rhino bar gives some coverage but looking for some further protection. Anyone recommend any specific brand, and if compatible with the rhino front bar?

MudRunnerTD
12th June 2022, 01:03 AM
Hi mate,

I have an S5 and a Rhino bar. The front bash plate is pretty good. I have a full set of bash plates that I have not fitted yet but expect that they should bolt up ok.

Velkro
12th June 2022, 06:39 AM
Cheers mudrunner. Can I ask what bash plates you got? I’ve seen dash Offroad
Do a 3mm and other brands running 4mm.

MB
12th June 2022, 09:21 PM
Please do be careful of Aftermarket weight Gentlemen, as far as I’ve only nuffy read here the Beautiful Y62 is on Legal TITS Limits with a STEEL winchy POO GOAT littlen critters Bar, let alone a decent winch to haul FAT Piggy Vans OUT hopefully not [emoji1696][emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MB
12th June 2022, 09:28 PM
Apologies, zero sense there, Y62’s aint got the GVM allowance ADR within to install “BASHPLATES” Unfortunately [emoji22]
Are you really going to Bash-Crash your Beautiful NEW truck through carnage needing under PLATES ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Velkro
13th June 2022, 08:13 AM
Am being mindful of weights. Speaking with rhino I have the winch and bar and I’m within the requirements for Nissan. As for under body it’s not soo much that I’m going to bash it. But it is nice to have some insurance to stop a rock shattering the cast sump. That’s the main reason. My off roading is relatively light compared to the basher types