PDA

View Full Version : New member

Mmmmud
31st May 2022, 12:45 AM
Hey guys, I’m an 89 TD42 SWB owner hoping to find some dash wiring information! My speedometer and temp gauge cut in and out so with any luck here I can find the information I need. Cheers all

growler2058
31st May 2022, 07:47 AM
G’day mate welcome aboard

AB
31st May 2022, 07:54 AM
Welcome to the forum mate!

Dhuck
31st May 2022, 08:17 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

mudnut
31st May 2022, 10:15 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Mmmmud
31st May 2022, 02:38 PM
Thanks everyone! It’s been parked up in the shed for a good 6 months or so as I’ve been busy with work and other bits in life. Took it out to get a warrant last Friday and on the way home that’s when my gauges started glitching! Doesn’t seem to be much wiring info out on the web!

mudnut
31st May 2022, 03:34 PM
Thanks everyone! It’s been parked up in the shed for a good 6 months or so as I’ve been busy with work and other bits in life. Took it out to get a warrant last Friday and on the way home that’s when my gauges started glitching! Doesn’t seem to be much wiring info out on the web!

Check the fuse and panel for any signs of heat, loose contacts or corrosion. If all good and the fault affects more than one gauge, it will most likely be a fault in the loom connector behind the cluster, or a loose earth to the cluster. You might have to clean the contact points where it meets the flexible plastic circuit board.

Mmmmud
6th June 2022, 07:43 PM
Cheers for the reply. Have checked fuses and panel everything seems to be okay.. pulled plug out of the back of dash and gave a good clean, still no luck. Only seems to be speedo and temp gauge affected.. Have been trying to find a wiring diagram to track down the dash earth, how do I get access to downloads on the forum?

Mmmmud
6th June 2022, 07:47 PM
The weird thing is that is i tried fixing it a month or so ago, pulled the cluster out. Chucked a voltmeter on the power wire for speedo and it suddenly had power. Speedo and temp gauge started working, put cluster back in went and got my warrant and on the way home speedo and temp gauge stopped working again.. which makes me wonder if it is a loose connection/contact on the cluster or plug

mudnut
6th June 2022, 09:56 PM
Sounds like you are getting close to the problem. If you have clicked on the links to download the manuals and its not working, try talking to a forum moderator.