PDA

View Full Version : I want a GU 42 by Christmas 2022! - Options and discussions on buying a used GU TD42

taslucas
10th May 2022, 09:29 PM
Hello, yes, lets do it!

There's a lot of info out there but now I want to get serious and so I'm turning to all my great and knowledgeable friends in this forum.

The market has bubbled lately but there's still good purchases to be had under 25k as long as I'm armed with the right info.

I ask anyone that sees this thread to please throw down any advice for buying a used TD42.

Let's start it off with the question of conversions... I see a few zd30 to TD42 conversions for fairly reasonable prices.
What to look for? General Quality of build of course, but what are the cheap shortcuts or quality pieces to look out for?
What to look out for by keeping the the original box and diff ratios (whether it be RD28, ZD30, TB45, TB48....)

This photo is just shy of ten years old.. lets make new patrol memories!

Cremulator
10th May 2022, 11:00 PM
When I was looking for a TD42 GU my mate who runs a garage gave me some advice about conversions and that was to check with [vehicle registration department in your state] that the vehicle has been registered as running on the new motor, not the old one.
So if it's now a TD42, is not registered as a ZD30 still.
He then immediately followed that with the advice - just avoid vehicles that have had an engine conversion.

MudRunnerTD
10th May 2022, 11:53 PM
I would avoid a TD42 that has been opened if you can. I have seen plenty of examples that have just not held up once opened and put back together.

If you can find a nice factory unit in a series 1 or 2 that you xam then add to would be nice ans inside your budget. Don't expect a big turbo and pump inside $25k though. I assume you are chasing a wagon yeah? Why do you want a TD mate?

I reckon the real draw back with a conversion is short cuts and home jobs mate. And promises that the kms are legit ans you can't prove any of it.

Note that GQs are renowned for having crap odometers that stop turning so if so guy has found a silver top out of a GQ with no real history, dropped kt into a GU to flip for coin and covid Tax. Follow the trail.

If I was willing to buy a converted car it would probably be an LS to be honest.

growler2058
11th May 2022, 06:31 AM
Get a CRD remapped and a safe tune. Yeeee Haaw

taslucas
11th May 2022, 07:34 AM
I would avoid a TD42 that has been opened if you can. I have seen plenty of examples that have just not held up once opened and put back together.

If you can find a nice factory unit in a series 1 or 2 that you xam then add to would be nice ans inside your budget. Don't expect a big turbo and pump inside $25k though. I assume you are chasing a wagon yeah? Why do you want a TD mate?

I reckon the real draw back with a conversion is short cuts and home jobs mate. And promises that the kms are legit ans you can't prove any of it.

Note that GQs are renowned for having crap odometers that stop turning so if so guy has found a silver top out of a GQ with no real history, dropped kt into a GU to flip for coin and covid Tax. Follow the trail.

If I was willing to buy a converted car it would probably be an LS to be honest.Ive considered all engine options from time to time but I'm no expert so will ask for more opinions here.
I don't have the TD42 up on a pedestool, more I settled on it by elimination. And definitely tell me if I'm wrong!
I've told myself that maybe I could get a good low km zd30, NADS it and treat it right then maybe I'd be fine but realistically I'd always be watching for grenade symptoms. (Three friends have them, one is going great with 37s and lots of hard use, one seems fine but he's only had it a year and the third blew up at around 300,000kms).

Two mates have 2.8's (one is relatively trouble free and the other just replaced a head and turbo at 370,000km) they seem good little motors but maybe I'm after just a bit more torque?

TB45 and 48 are out simply for the fuel usage unfortunately.
I would definitely go an LS conversion and love it but so far I've only seen what look like hack jobs under 25k.

I know the TD doesn't have huge power but I believe I'd be happy idling around with a close to stock set up.
I've seen two bone stock sub 300,000 km wagons for under 25k on gumtree in the last few weeks. But of course ideally I'd score something with at least a lift and tyres fitted.

Use would be daily driving (My work commute is 20km per week [emoji28]), light touring and camping (bitumen, gravel, greasy forestry tracks, overnight light camp, not loaded up for weeks away), the inescapable Tasmanian mud rut and greasy wet hill, and once a year or less something like climes track but never cold stream track level. So a wagon with the basics - around 3" lift and 33 or 35s, winch, draws in back to throw a bed on.

Sent from my XQ-AT52 using Tapatalk

jff45
11th May 2022, 08:14 AM
There are more poorly done conversions out there than good ones. If you were really set on a TD42, the only ones to consider are stock late model TD42Ti with reasonable Kms and good service history. Those will be the ones with the silly price tags on them.

I wouldn't touch a ZD30 Di. Too many tears been shed over those. If I had to stay with a Patrol, I would readily go for a good CRD. With a remap, exhaust and decent IC they will go better than any stock TD42Ti.

taslucas
11th May 2022, 08:25 AM
There are more poorly done conversions out there than good ones. If you were really set on a TD42, the only ones to consider are stock late model TD42Ti with reasonable Kms and good service history. Those will be the ones with the silly price tags on them.

I wouldn't touch a ZD30 Di. Too many tears been shed over those. If I had to stay with a Patrol, I would readily go for a good CRD. With a remap, exhaust and decent IC they will go better than any stock TD42Ti.The CRD is 2007 onwards yeah?

Maxhead
11th May 2022, 06:54 PM
The CRD is 2007 onwards yeah?

Yeah mate, CRD had a black intercooler shroud/cover and the DI had a silver one from memory
BTW common rail all the way or a dMax of course[emoji2957]

CRD
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/05/132.jpg

Di
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/05/133.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mudski
11th May 2022, 07:49 PM

I wouldn't touch a ZD30 Di. Too many tears been shed over those. If I had to stay with a Patrol, I would readily go for a good CRD. With a remap, exhaust and decent IC they will go better than any stock TD42Ti.

Mods can you please ban this muppet?![emoji38] wash your mouth out John!

MB
11th May 2022, 07:56 PM
Worth considering finding an earlier 2000/1 bog stock Grandpa spec TD42T only?
Bought and used to own a ripper one, intercooler-less yes but unless towing 3.5T stupidly in higher cogs uphill they are great tug boats in cooler Vic/Tassy climates [emoji106][emoji106]

nissannewby
11th May 2022, 08:00 PM
I wouldn't touch any converted car myself. To many unknowns. I would do one myself but not purchase one already done. Converted cars are never the same. Will always be niggles either with electrics or mechanical parts.

I would follow John's advice and look for and probably save more than your goal for a later model td42ti. They did these from 03 onwards. So there are a few in the earlier gu3 shape before they went to the gu4 styling.

There are lots of CRD patrols out there now. I would get one 2010 onwards. Lots of mods and options for them aftermarket now too.

Car parts are getting harder to buy too. As a true parts interpreter doesn't exist any more. They just want your rego so they can just search your vin and provide parts only applicable to that vin. This will cause a problem for you for a while until you know what parts go where and can just order them from a specific part number. But no one is gonna know what drive belt arrangement you have on you ls converted patrol or even td converted patrol with current parts sourcing methods.

The only other GU would be a 4.8 and as late a model as possible. They sold these right up to 2010. However low km good examples are getting harder to come by.

MudRunnerTD
11th May 2022, 08:45 PM
Yeah if going petrol only a 4.8 in factory spec is the go. You might find a low km grandad spec 4.8 in Tassie that hasn't spec half its life on the limiter bopping it's head off.

MB
11th May 2022, 08:54 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/05/134.jpg

taslucas
11th May 2022, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the feed back guys and keep it coming.

taslucas
11th May 2022, 09:09 PM
So far:
Its certain that I don't have the knowledge to pick a rare trouble free conversion and Im not down for chasing my tail getting one up to shape.

taslucas
11th May 2022, 09:13 PM
Bought and used to own a ripper one, intercooler-less yes but unless towing 3.5T stupidly in higher cogs uphill they are great tug boats in cooler Vic/Tassy climates [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWhat's the differences between intercooler and intercooler-less?

Lower intake temp, more power with intercooler?

I won't be towing and yes I'll be in cool Tassie air.

taslucas
11th May 2022, 09:26 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkSomething like this?
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/klemzig/cars-vans-utes/1999-nissan-patrol-dx-4x4-/1292163715?utm_source=messenger&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=android_VIP_sticky
Any way to tell the difference between TDt or TDti on paper? (ie; without seeing an intercooler in pics?). Can you tell by manufacture year or do they overlap?

MB
11th May 2022, 09:54 PM
Not exactly sure apologies Lucas Mate but having a clean hole-less bonnet around the early 2000’s should telltale for a stock TD42T[emoji1696]
FWIW: Big holes in bonnets down in Tassie are a very bad idea, many river crossings and bogholes as you know well and choose to avoid, complete loss of internal engine bay pressurisation flood/poof out the bonnet easy peasy relief valve [emoji23]

taslucas
11th May 2022, 09:57 PM
Not exactly sure apologies Lucas Mate but having a clean hole-less bonnet around the early 2000’s should telltale for a stock TD42T[emoji1696]
FWIW: Big holes in bonnets down in Tassie are a very bad idea, many river crossings and bogholes as you know well and choose to avoid, complete loss of internal engine bay pressurisation flood/poof out the bonnet easy peasy relief valve [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAhh, so all factory cooler models have bonnet scoops?
Are all factory coolers top mount?
Complete noob questions here, bear with me!

MB
11th May 2022, 09:58 PM
I believe so Brother [emoji106][emoji106]
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/05/135.jpg

taslucas
11th May 2022, 10:00 PM
I believe so Brother [emoji106][emoji106]
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/05/135.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI literally said "cold stream track; never" [emoji28][emoji28]

MB
11th May 2022, 10:11 PM
It was just a pictorial GQ TD42 little T of why I personally don’t factory GU TD42Ti likey bonnets or any aftermarket TMIC’s….Each to their highway own [emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji106][emoji106]

taslucas
11th May 2022, 10:14 PM
It was just a pictorial GQ TD42 little T of why I personally don’t factory GU TD42Ti likey bonnets or any aftermarket TMIC’s….Each to their highway own [emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkPushing through like a damn freight train !

MB
11th May 2022, 10:19 PM
Awesome dozing torque the TD’s for sure, took an Iskra powered High Mount with 2 x biggest badest Optima’s to haul it out though [emoji23][emoji106][emoji106]

Avo
11th May 2022, 11:29 PM
Ever considered a gu62....theybgo good aye

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

MudRunnerTD
11th May 2022, 11:50 PM
Awesome dozing torque the TD’s for sure, took an Iskra powered High Mount with 2 x biggest badest Optima’s to haul it out though [emoji23][emoji106][emoji106]

24volt the fark outta that brotha

Stropp
12th May 2022, 05:43 PM
I picked my td42tdi 2004. Gu3 up with 248000k for 31k 2 owners with 18g ufi turbo, cc. Intercooler and 12m pump, black widow drawers and roof rack so they are out there 85326

taslucas
12th May 2022, 09:20 PM
I picked my td42tdi 2004. Gu3 up with 248000k for 31k 2 owners with 18g ufi turbo, cc. Intercooler and 12m pump, black widow drawers and roof rack so they are out there 85326Looks like a nice rig. I think I'll have to keep under the 25k mark though unfortunately

taslucas
13th May 2022, 06:24 AM
Ok, let's have a quick side note on the infamous zd30.
How much of an improvement is the CRD over the Di? Does a CRD still want playing with to make it safe and worry free?
I lump them all together in a big grey fuzzy no go zone but I don't know the facts

Cuppa
13th May 2022, 11:10 AM
QUESTION: Is a non turbo TD42 comparable to a Toyota non turbo 1HZ to drive. Recently I have had the daily use of an old Toyota ute with a 1HZ & it has been an absolute joy to drive, especially off road. Used to have one in a Troopy & this has reminded me of what a great torquey , just so easy to drive motor, the motor pulls from virtually nothing. Start it & put it in gear & I could reverse out the shed without touching the accelerator! Admittedly the lower Toyota gearing helps, but I'm wondering if a pre-turbo TD42 motor is a similar beast.

taslucas
13th May 2022, 11:26 AM
QUESTION: Is a non turbo TD42 comparable to a Toyota non turbo 1HZ to drive. Recently I have had the daily use of an old Toyota ute with a 1HZ & it has been an absolute joy to drive, especially off road. Used to have one in a Troopy & this has reminded me of what a great torquey , just so easy to drive motor, the motor pulls from virtually nothing. Start it & put it in gear & I could reverse out the shed without touching the accelerator! Admittedly the lower Toyota gearing helps, but I'm wondering if a pre-turbo TD42 motor is a similar beast.Great question cuppa. I've asked myself if I'd be happy in an NA TD42.
My dad's had the old cruiser on the farm for years and it seems to get along just fine.

mudnut
13th May 2022, 11:43 AM
How much of an improvement is the CRD over the Di? Does a CRD still want playing with to make it safe and worry free?
I lump them all together in a big grey fuzzy no go zone but I don't know the facts

One fact that I do know about a CRD, is that due to the complexity of the fuel system and engine control, it costs big bucks if it cops a dose of bad fuel. A cousin's Patrol had to be towed from Exmouth to Carnarvon and it cost thousands to have the system cleaned and repaired.

nissannewby
13th May 2022, 06:03 PM

Its a big improvement. Much better in every way. Unless you want more from it then just drive it. They aren't fast but are generally a reliable patrol.

As with any vehicle though they are susceptible to poor maintenance and if one has been poorly maintained then it can get costly but this is will be true for moat vehicles.

nissannewby
13th May 2022, 06:06 PM
QUESTION: Is a non turbo TD42 comparable to a Toyota non turbo 1HZ to drive. Recently I have had the daily use of an old Toyota ute with a 1HZ & it has been an absolute joy to drive, especially off road. Used to have one in a Troopy & this has reminded me of what a great torquey , just so easy to drive motor, the motor pulls from virtually nothing. Start it & put it in gear & I could reverse out the shed without touching the accelerator! Admittedly the lower Toyota gearing helps, but I'm wondering if a pre-turbo TD42 motor is a similar beast.

No they aren't the same. The 1hz is not as strong of a motor but it is more refined than the TD42 hence your observations. A NA TD42 is slow that's all there is to it. Yes gearing and all that plays a part but the 1HZ is nicer car motor not truck like with the TD.

nissannewby
13th May 2022, 06:10 PM
One fact that I do know about a CRD, is that due to the complexity of the fuel system and engine control, it costs big bucks if it cops a dose of bad fuel. A cousin's Patrol had to be towed from Exmouth to Carnarvon and it cost thousands to have the system cleaned and repaired.

I think quite a few companies make these things sound more complex than they really are so they can make some more cash. The systems are really not far from that in your efi petrol car. Sure parts are made stronger/heavier due to the pressures required for a diesel but injectors are not hugely expensive. Even if you do get bad fuel the filter will catch most of it. A lot of cost comes from the labour to clean a system but this is still not a huge task.

MB
13th May 2022, 08:00 PM
Mat Legend is all over it [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
From my nuffy owned experiences on OEM TD42 engines and TD42T’s at best powered.
Personally wouldn’t go a 4.2NA on a much heavier GU but fine for bush torque chugging a much lighter GQ.
Towing wise on either you’ll definitely need to hoof some sort of air at least into them [emoji123][emoji123]

jay see
13th May 2022, 09:20 PM
When I decided to buy a patrol the 4.2 was out of my price range and I didn't want the 3 litre, past bad experience with a little diesel motors. That left me with the petrol option only, I find a very early series 1 4.5 litre duel fuel in unmolested condition. Nearly 8 years later it's far from unmolested and it's now on straight petrol. Motor as around 560000 km and has no signs of letting go, yes it's down on power when climbing hills, but I still keep up with the traffic and it gets me to work and back (90 km return trip) and to the high country for a week of touring every year. The ls conversion is still on the cards just waiting for the funds to be there. Who doesn't want power on tap..

Just my two cents..

Sent from my CPH1921 using Tapatalk

taslucas
13th May 2022, 10:54 PM
When I decided to buy a patrol the 4.2 was out of my price range and I didn't want the 3 litre, past bad experience with a little diesel motors. That left me with the petrol option only, I find a very early series 1 4.5 litre duel fuel in unmolested condition. Nearly 8 years later it's far from unmolested and it's now on straight petrol. Motor as around 560000 km and has no signs of letting go, yes it's down on power when climbing hills, but I still keep up with the traffic and it gets me to work and back (90 km return trip) and to the high country for a week of touring every year. The ls conversion is still on the cards just waiting for the funds to be there. Who doesn't want power on tap..

Just my two cents..

Sent from my CPH1921 using TapatalkWhats the fuel consumption like?

jay see
13th May 2022, 11:26 PM
Whats the fuel consumption like?

Sent from my XQ-AT52 using Tapatalk[emoji848] Probably [emoji90]

On the high country trip the 80 series with a LS2 was better on fuel than me. I haven't worked it out, but it's gotta be at least 20L per 100. Having said that it's only been on straight petrol for about a month and it's got a massive exhaust leak at the manifold.

Sent from my CPH1921 using Tapatalk

Rossco
14th May 2022, 09:42 AM
Just my 2c but guessing this will be a long term investment so may as well chase exactly what you want and will be happy with. . . Having recently purchased TD GU coily fairly unadulterated have to say really (really) happy with it, motor is fairly bog stock but cruises along just fine and sure will be trouble free for years to come. Did pay fair price tho (35K) has 260 000 ks so relatively low Ks and coil cab ute sure pushes price up a bit too. . .

As others have said world avoid conversions and aim for original and lowish Ks as possible but might be a balance with price.

ZDs really are a nice car to drive, dad had a di one and they really do go well but do definitely notice lack of low down torque if off boost in steep off road stuff where TDs are at home really but having said that is totally manageable and reduction gears are also an option. Anyways good luck and if you want us to check out any nice specimens in sunny Mexico yell out[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

wagu89
14th May 2022, 01:00 PM
Having owned a td42 gq ute for years (was reliable as!!!) And stepped up to a gu crd St wagon mainly for comfort reasons on long trips the crd has proved to be a good motor in the 90k iv put on it so far!!!! (Car now as 255) and since having a custom remap done 2 years ago has more than enough power and has been reliable as for the most part. I do have catch can egr block boost controller etc though.

taslucas
18th May 2022, 09:06 PM
Ok, ok... IF I happened to go look at a converted td42, what are the danger areas? Let's say everything looks neat, there are receipts and quality parts used. What are some good questions to ask?

Also are there any gu models that DON'T make good conversion candidates?

Cremulator
19th May 2022, 09:33 AM
Check it's registered as a TD42. If it's not, you may have trouble registering and insuring it.

Rossco
19th May 2022, 05:21 PM
Just check everything works . . Glow plugs work as factory plus ask for a cold start, tacho especially below 1000 revs, all dash lights like oil pressure fuel filter water trap, AC working, sure there's more can't think of right now lol. . .

Also just pay a close eye on the standard of work eg wiring and general tidiness of it all. . .

Winnie
19th May 2022, 05:30 PM
Check really well where the engine mounts are welded to the chassis as well.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

MB
19th May 2022, 07:35 PM
Probably not quite right, but many folks complain about TD42 engines overheating their ‘water’ (kettle’s I believe called) Lucas Mate. Again, poor maintenance I truly believe, albeit they were designed poorly in their systems out of the factory (running on the razors edge even almost perfectly clean) but I do worry about converted ZD30 <> TD42 ones as they appear to have more troubles than most?
Maybe there is a radiator difference or top and bottom hose modification flow problem, really not sure Mate [emoji106][emoji106]

MB
19th May 2022, 08:53 PM
FWIW: Flew into Mexico from Newcastle late last night, finally gave up trying to fix/find basic old school parts for the petroleum/electrical based Maverick GQ TB42 pimped up 45 after 2,000kms of horrible work Gremlins [emoji49]
In fairness the torque monster 4.5L petty kept chugging at 1/10th peddle but was looking like taking a week to get home for Taco night [emoji23]
Not being rude but my experiences of younger days running Toyoda 2F’s and Chev’s came flooding back [emoji51]
TD42-T’s with the leastest of wires have never before let me down, touch wood 🪵 [emoji23]

taslucas
20th May 2022, 02:29 PM
FWIW: Flew into Mexico from Newcastle late last night, finally gave up trying to fix/find basic old school parts for the petroleum/electrical based Maverick GQ TB42 pimped up 45 after 2,000kms of horrible work Gremlins [emoji49]
In fairness the torque monster 4.5L petty kept chugging at 1/10th peddle but was looking like taking a week to get home for Taco night [emoji23]
Not being rude but my experiences of younger days running Toyoda 2F’s and Chev’s came flooding back [emoji51]
TD42-T’s with the leastest of wires have never before let me down, touch wood 🪵 [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI think I nearly followed that

Hodge
21st May 2022, 09:09 AM
One tiny fragment of advice I can vouch personally is the gear chatter rattle the TD42's have down-low in the revs when taking off. This is normal!!
Just about every TD i've driven does this.
To the unknown, including my self when first drove it I thought the gearbox and/or the bottom of the motor was gonna fall apart any second.
Don't know the science and physics behind this but don't be put off by it when/if you test drive one and this happens.

Rossco
21st May 2022, 09:17 AM
I think I nearly followed that

Sent from my XQ-AT52 using TapatalkIn summary "TDs are a good thing" . . . [emoji6][emoji1787]

MB
22nd May 2022, 10:32 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/05/144.jpg

taslucas
24th May 2022, 06:24 AM
Which years had non turbo Gu td42s ?
I've spotted two clean low km examples.
What are the minimum requirements/ cost to turbo one of these to about the same specs as a factory turbo?

BrazilianY60
24th May 2022, 08:37 AM
What are the minimum requirements/ cost to turbo one of these to about the same specs as a factory turbo?

I´m curious to hear from people about this one as well. I plan to turbo mine in the not so close but not so far future either.

taslucas
24th May 2022, 09:56 AM
I´m curious to hear from people about this one as well. I plan to turbo mine in the not so close but not so far future either.How does it feel driving a non turbo?
Are you always chasing power? Have you driven any GUs with other engine types to compare?

BrazilianY60
24th May 2022, 11:57 AM
Gee Tas mate, I am your last resource... Where I live, from a fleet of 115M vehicles, there are only 11 Patrols. Mine is the only one in my state/province, so it is impossible for me to compare. I have never driven any other. From the 1000km that I have driven mine, I can tell you that it has some very nice torque from the get go and it eats 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear at very low RPM. At 4th you have to let it explore the RPMs some more before going to 5th. And the 5th can't hold an uphill drive for very long, it cries for 4th very soon.

My conclusion is that, on a non-turbo config, the 5th is a gear only for the engine to rest while cruising. It can´t put any useful power once in 5th.

Very different from my FZJ105 where the 5th gear pulls like all others before it, and I actually miss having a 6th gear to rest the engine while cruising. Not a fair comparison though, as the TD42 has some 115hp while the 1FZFE has some 220hp. But I hope you get the idea as what I am trying to express.

taslucas
24th May 2022, 12:05 PM
Thanks mate, all experiences are helpful

jff45
25th May 2022, 07:33 AM
Happy to be corrected but I wasn't aware that N/A GU 4.2s were released in Australia. I thought they were all TD42T engines i.e. factory turbo, non intercooled. Perhaps the DX was an exception but I don't really know.
Anyway, my suggestion would be to take a ton of pics of anything you're thinking you might buy and put them here for everyone to see.

taslucas
25th May 2022, 08:50 AM
Happy to be corrected but I wasn't aware that N/A GU 4.2s were released in Australia. I thought they were all TD42T engines i.e. factory turbo, non intercooled. Perhaps the DX was an exception but I don't really know.
Anyway, my suggestion would be to take a ton of pics of anything you're thinking you might buy and put them here for everyone to see.Non turbo

1999 Nissan Patrol DX (4x4),
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/klemzig/cars-vans-utes/1999-nissan-patrol-dx-4x4-/1292163715?utm_source=com.google.android.apps.mess aging&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=android_VIP_sticky

Price: $23,998

growler2058
25th May 2022, 11:16 AM
Anyway, my suggestion would be to take a ton of pics of anything you're thinking you might buy and put them here for everyone to see.

Yeah the early GU's came with non-turbo. Old mate of mine has an ex telstra GU ute with N/A

jff45
25th May 2022, 11:22 AM
Yeah the early GU's came with non-turbo. Old mate of mine has an ex telstra GU ute with N/A

Is that also a DX?

jff45
25th May 2022, 11:28 AM
Non turbo

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/klemzig/cars-vans-utes/1999-nissan-patrol-dx-4x4-/1292163715?utm_source=com.google.android.apps.mess aging&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=android_VIP_sticky

That’s certainly a clean looking vehicle.

growler2058
25th May 2022, 12:36 PM
Is that also a DX?

Yes mate. He has added gas injection to give it a little tickle up

Rossco
25th May 2022, 01:26 PM
Yeah wow didn't know GUs came N/A. . So that would be the non turbo blacktop as in the later GQs assumably [emoji848] . . So good motor but weaker than silvertop or TDturbo blacktop, definatly not a bad engine but don't want to be putting much more than 15psi thought them . .

She does look clean and low Ks . . .

monty
5th June 2022, 12:04 PM
Non turbo

Hi mate from under down under.
I took that GU out for a test a couple of weeks ago. Engine ran like a Swiss watch, very sweet. Honest car. I just didn't like the carpet previous owner had put in, but overall ok. Didn't get to check winch. If this is the sort of car you are chasing, and suits budget, I'd get on the plane to Adelaide now. Been on the market for a while now but can't last. There is another one for just under $20k in Adelaide, Carsales .com I think. Car is blue. Says its 4.2 turbo, 1999?, engine plate says 4.5Petrol but if papers are good might be worth checking too while in SA.
Happy hunting

taslucas
17th June 2022, 03:52 PM
My wandering eye keeps landing on td42 conversions. Enlighten me some more about the engines I might be seeing there.
Blacktop?
Silvertop?
Factory turbo?
Pulled from a GQ?
What is the best td42 to find in a conversion and does it really matter?

Rossco
17th June 2022, 06:27 PM
My wandering eye keeps landing on td42 conversions. Enlighten me some more about the engines I might be seeing there.
Blacktop?
Silvertop?
Factory turbo?
Pulled from a GQ?
What is the best td42 to find in a conversion and does it really matter?

Sent from my XQ-AT52 using TapatalkFactory turbo blacktop TD42T pick of the bunch followed by silvertop then Non turbo blacktop last. Both factory turbo blacktop and silvertop pretty strong, non turbo blacktop still good motor although pistons & rods weaker will still take a turbo up to 15psi but can't safely go past that. .

jff45
18th June 2022, 07:01 AM
Keep in mind that a $15 rattle can of silver paint turns a blacktop into a silvertop. There are also silvertop rocker covers for sale on Marketplace so it's not a precise indication.
On the other hand, a factory turbo engine is easy to detect regardless of rocker cover colour. For example, mine's red..

MB
18th June 2022, 10:34 PM
G’Evening John Mate jff45 [emoji106][emoji106]
Brilliant advice as ALWAYS no doubt Legend [emoji120][emoji120]
Honest Nuffy Me question, what do you mean by “Red” [emoji120][emoji120]

jff45
19th June 2022, 07:45 AM
G’Evening John Mate jff45 [emoji106][emoji106]
Brilliant advice as ALWAYS no doubt Legend [emoji120][emoji120]
Honest Nuffy Me question, what do you mean by “Red” [emoji120][emoji120]

I meant that my rocker cover is red but it’s easy to distinguish that it’s a factory turbo engine regardless. I painted it when I did my conversion. Made me think back to the 179 EH Holden I had in the late 60’s. :)

taslucas
19th June 2022, 08:02 AM
Keep in mind that a $15 rattle can of silver paint turns a blacktop into a silvertop. There are also silvertop rocker covers for sale on Marketplace so it's not a precise indication.
On the other hand, a factory turbo engine is easy to detect regardless of rocker cover colour. For example, mine's red..Very good advice on the rattle can upgrade, I had not even considered that!

Whats the tell-tale signs of factory turbs?

taslucas
19th June 2022, 08:46 AM
What kind of fuel consumption figures are you guys getting?
I see people stating 12 - 14 litres per 100km for fairly unmodified engines. Is that about right?

Hodge
19th June 2022, 09:13 AM
What kind of fuel consumption figures are you guys getting?
I see people stating 12 - 14 litres per 100km for fairly unmodified engines. Is that about right?

Mine is 15-16, around town. 33 all terrains, 3" exhaust, big intercooler and it's tuned to run optimal maxed out at 14psi.
Big long freeway drives usage drops dramatically.

taslucas
19th June 2022, 09:15 AM
Hi mate from under down under.
I took that GU out for a test a couple of weeks ago. Engine ran like a Swiss watch, very sweet. Honest car. I just didn't like the carpet previous owner had put in, but overall ok. Didn't get to check winch. If this is the sort of car you are chasing, and suits budget, I'd get on the plane to Adelaide now. Been on the market for a while now but can't last. There is another one for just under $20k in Adelaide, Carsales .com I think. Car is blue. Says its 4.2 turbo, 1999?, engine plate says 4.5Petrol but if papers are good might be worth checking too while in SA.
Happy huntingHi Monty, I must have missed this post. Thanks for the reply mate, much appreciated. I think I've seen the blue patrol you mention too. Pretty schmick inside. I was in Adelaide a few weeks back hence why I was browsing the net there but not quite ready to pull the trigger. A toss up between turboing that neat old rig or paying more to get a factory turbo vehicle.
I have family in Adelaide so it's not a huge ask to fly over if I found the right rig there

jff45
19th June 2022, 09:22 AM
Very good advice on the rattle can upgrade, I had not even considered that!

Whats the tell-tale signs of factory turbs?

Apart from the suffix on the engine number, the 3 main items are the oil pressure outlet for turbo under the exhaust manifold, the oil return from turbo into the block & turbo coolant feed in front of oil pressure regulator.
When a turbo is added to an NA engine, the turbo coolant feed, if it’s fitted, will usually be taken from the block drain at the rear left. The oil pressure for turbo is generally taken from a 1/8 BSPT grub screw near the left engine mount and the turbo oil return will go to a fitting in the sump.

Rossco
19th June 2022, 11:31 AM
Mine is 15-16, around town. 33 all terrains, 3" exhaust, big intercooler and it's tuned to run optimal maxed out at 14psi.
Big long freeway drives usage drops dramatically.Yeah mine around 15 16 too, but the vast majority of stuff the GQ does is in the bush so no bad really. . Usually always around the 1000K mark out of 90L main & 70 L sub running to fairly empty. . .

taslucas
29th August 2022, 04:47 PM
Yo, I'm still dreaming over here!
A slight change to my job and also not ticking off as many things due to forgetting Tassie winter weather, has slowed the plans down but I'm still looking and teasing myself.
The average price seems to have dropped with these rate rises though so that's cool

.......from under the great down under.

MB
29th August 2022, 06:50 PM
Great to read you’re still in the hunt again Tassie Brother [emoji106][emoji106]
A little TD update that may help your future decisions:
Researched, finally found a builder a few months ago that I could achieve a rebuild on the old TD42 faithful chugging blacktop up to decent air input turbo spec for well under $10k [emoji322]
My parties now over, OEM turbo crank and all the connecting goodies have near doubled in some instances and completely forgot/never knew that pre-combustion chambers need removal and size upgrading to lower turbo compression needs too along with oil pumps/squirters etc…
Definitely worth as before waiting to score a TD42T or i as all have suggested as a GU will need more than a GQ/GU Blacktop NA Old Mate.

Cuppa
29th August 2022, 08:29 PM
I know the TD doesn't have huge power but I believe I'd be happy idling around with a close to stock set up.

I'd suggest you have answered your own question & had it confirmed by several others. I'll add to it. Ours is pretty stock in the engine department & never been apart. Only mods engine-wise are a 3" exhaust & a mild (for towing) dyno tune running a max of 13.2psi on the standard intercooler. Way nicer to drive the the original exhaust & 7 psi, and reliable, owned it for almost 12 years now. Not for sale though, at least not until we can find the right rare beast to replace it with - an OKA camper with 6BT & Allison. Have our eye on one which *might* be for sale next year after we have left the Cape, but even then it will be tempting to keep the Patrol as a daily driver for when we are at home. Hard to let a vehicle which you have learned to trust go.

Problems with it are primarily electrical - age related connector issues when plastic goes hard, & the stupid sub tank arrangement which has failed. (Will get it sorted when we are back in 'Civilisation') .The plastic topped radiator still seems ok, but have just ordered new coolant expansion bottles. 245,000kms, most of that in the outback in our ownership & Telstra's.

Not trying to sell it, more to let you know the sort of relationship we have with a T42i which has done & continues to do exactly what we bought it for & not let us down.

To be honest the only other similar sized vehicle I'd consider in similar condition & mileage would be a non-turbo 1hz Toyota 70 series. Slower but more comfortable, Sit higher inside & nicer to drive off road thanks to it's lower gearing & better low down torque. Less to go wrong, & the angled front profile makes driving tight tracks easier.

MB
29th August 2022, 08:41 PM
Agreed, don’t buy a GUTD42, best to buy a GUTD42T like Cuppa & Mrs Tea [emoji106][emoji106]

taslucas
29th August 2022, 08:59 PM
Agreed, don’t buy a GUTD42, best to buy a GUTD42T like Cuppa & Mrs Tea [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYep, I am now convinced to go for a factory turbo [emoji3526]

MB
29th August 2022, 09:23 PM
Which year, extra water cooled TD42T turbo [emoji23]?

Avo
6th September 2022, 09:48 PM
Yo, I'm still dreaming over here!
A slight change to my job and also not ticking off as many things due to forgetting Tassie winter weather, has slowed the plans down but I'm still looking and teasing myself.
The average price seems to have dropped with these rate rises though so that's cool

.......from under the great down under.There's one local.to me.bit fu king pricey...22k I reckon that's bullshit price but aye...I'm a tight arse ah fuxk.forget about it.....is a gq...sorry mate....

taslucas
6th September 2022, 10:03 PM
There's one local.to me.bit fu king pricey...22k I reckon that's bullshit price but aye...I'm a tight arse ah fuxk.forget about it.....is a gq...sorry mate....

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk[emoji28] thanks for thinking of me mate !

taslucas
7th September 2022, 09:16 PM
Ok I'm gonna need some more TD42 info.

I'm set on a GU factory turbo (or mayyybe an imaculate conversion).
Firstly, I've read that around 2003 they had a small upgrade including electronic controlled injector pumps. Is it worth short listing to only have post 2003 or is any GU blacktop turbo fine?

Secondly, where do the non intercooled models fit in? Did they come out parallel to the intercooled models? How big is the difference? Is factory intercooled better or can ya bang a cooler on a non cooled version with success and no issues?

Cheers!!

Stropp
7th September 2022, 10:11 PM
Ok I'm gonna need some more TD42 info.

I'm set on a GU factory turbo (or mayyybe an imaculate conversion).
Firstly, I've read that around 2003 they had a small upgrade including electronic controlled injector pumps. Is it worth short listing to only have post 2003 or is any GU blacktop turbo fine?

Secondly, where do the non intercooled models fit in? Did they come out parallel to the intercooled models? How big is the difference? Is factory intercooled better or can ya bang a cooler on a non cooled version with success and no issues?

Cheers!!

The downside with the 2003 on is the electronic security system can fail and stop the fuel from getting to the pump, my suggestion would be if it’s not bypassed already to do it asap so you don’t get stranded.

Avo
18th September 2022, 02:47 PM
98 days to go......talk about pressure

Stropp
18th September 2022, 09:48 PM

taslucas
19th September 2022, 07:05 AM
98 days to go......talk about pressure

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk[emoji3062][emoji3062][emoji3062]

taslucas
19th September 2022, 07:07 AM
Cheers Strop!
First one looks like a bargain. Where was that located?
Second one looks great.
Third one a little out of my price range.

Thanks for looking mate [emoji106][emoji106]

Stropp
19th September 2022, 03:52 PM
Cheers Strop!
First one looks like a bargain. Where was that located?
Second one looks great.
Third one a little out of my price range.

Thanks for looking mate [emoji106][emoji106]

First one south Oz and second vic and first a conversion

taslucas
19th September 2022, 08:24 PM
First one south Oz and second vic and first a conversionWhat, say that again, I didn't understand!

Stropp
20th September 2022, 03:57 PM
The first one is in south Oz and is a td conversion, the second one is in Victoria

Stropp
21st September 2022, 07:19 PM
Looks like a good buy, I’d say it’s a conversion though

taslucas
22nd September 2022, 07:14 AM
I'm still a little confused on blacktop/silvertop.
Am I correct here:
All GU should have a blacktop from factory?
When I see a GU with a turbo silver top it must be a conversion?
A GU with a turbo black top may have been NA from factory? And if so, and the work is quality, is there anything to worry about compared to a factory turbo blacktop?

BrazilianY60
22nd September 2022, 09:45 AM
All GU should have a blacktop from factory?

Yes. Silvertop means early GQ.

When I see a GU with a turbo silver top it must be a conversion?

For sure.

A GU with a turbo black top may have been NA from factory?

Yes, it could have been NA, specially if the turbo is an aftermarket one.

And if so, and the work is quality, is there anything to worry about compared to a factory turbo blacktop?

I would always go factory. Add-ons I only trust the ones I added myself... If it was done by a big mate of yours and you trust his word on it, then sure, but other then that, how would you know?

Winnie
22nd September 2022, 12:23 PM
Bear in mind that it is very very easy to swap a rocker cover over for looks.
My GQ has a factory turbo TD42Ti engine which should have a black cover, but I swapped it for my old silver cover for aesthetics.

taslucas
23rd September 2022, 07:54 AM
Bear in mind that it is very very easy to swap a rocker cover over for looks.
My GQ has a factory turbo TD42Ti engine which should have a black cover, but I swapped it for my old silver cover for aesthetics.

Sent from my SM-G986B using TapatalkYep for sure. Just trying to compare apples with apples as much as possible. I'm not adverse to checking out a conversion but I reckon I'd give it a miss if it was a silvertop in a GU.

mudnut
23rd September 2022, 01:04 PM
Yep for sure. Just trying to compare apples with apples as much as possible. I'm not adverse to checking out a conversion but I reckon I'd give it a miss if it was a silvertop in a GU.

Maybe the engine number could tell you which series it was.

Stropp
24th September 2022, 11:31 AM
Nice looking patrol in Perth on marketplace 859678596885969

taslucas
21st October 2022, 07:12 PM
The clock is ticking and I'm fully procrastinating!
I've definitely honed into what i want and i'm seeing a few about. It's been interesting watching the asking price change over the last 6 months from Covid, interest rate rises, rent going up etc..

BrazilianY60
21st October 2022, 09:28 PM
Asking price is moving up or down?

taslucas
24th October 2022, 07:26 AM
Asking price is moving up or down?Good examples have plateaued. Anything that's not immaculate has been dropping slightly

mudski
24th October 2022, 10:39 AM
The clock is ticking and I'm fully procrastinating!
I've definitely honed into what i want and i'm seeing a few about. It's been interesting watching the asking price change over the last 6 months from Covid, interest rate rises, rent going up etc..

Second hand market is definitely dropping now.

MB
24th October 2022, 05:27 PM
Absolutely, you can score a TD42 piston with a mere 5-600,000km un-intercooled 650C EGTitties for under $999 these days, anyone interested?
Cash ONLY [emoji383] [emoji120][emoji23]

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/10/77.jpg

Winnie
24th October 2022, 05:52 PM
Hey, I've got one of those!
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/10/78.jpg

MB
24th October 2022, 06:39 PM
Mines betterer Chrisso Mate, 100% Authentic Mexican (may have crossed a border sneakily or two) none of that Bannana Bender lower price $899 powered stuff [emoji123][emoji123][emoji23][emoji23]

Rossco
24th October 2022, 06:40 PM
Hmmm think you win Winnie. .[emoji1787]

MB
24th October 2022, 06:48 PM
Agreed, Winnstar [emoji2956] Word to wise, naturally aspirated OEM GQ TD42 Faithfuls from factory IMHO should be cared for and driven a lot less harder than I’ve/we’ve done [emoji51]

nissannewby
24th October 2022, 08:43 PM
Hmmm think you win Winnie. .[emoji1787]

Yep. That is a phenomenal failure. Can't say I have seen a rod let go like that before.

MB
24th October 2022, 08:58 PM
Please Mat Mate & Brother [emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji106][emoji106]
Every TD42 that I’ve merely known pushed to limits have popped….poor Blokes are still paying for it [emoji22]

nissannewby
24th October 2022, 09:13 PM
Please Mat Mate & Brother [emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji106][emoji106]
Every TD42 that I’ve merely known pushed to limits have popped….poor Blokes are still paying for it [emoji22]

I have seen plenty let go MB. My comment was in the way in which Winnie's has failed. Normally they break relatively cleanly. Winnies one has like twisted and splintered.

MB
24th October 2022, 09:28 PM
My Bad Brother, moved meself across to the drunken private thready yet again [emoji120][emoji120][emoji3590][emoji3590]

Winnie
24th October 2022, 09:46 PM
It's been "repaired" for the trophy in that pic. Here it is as we pulled it out. http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/10/83.jpg

taslucas
25th October 2022, 08:02 PM
Oh god, now I want a TB!

Rossco
25th October 2022, 08:26 PM
Ah youll be right just keep it under 700 NM at the wheels and she'll be trusty as. . [emoji106][emoji106]

nissannewby
25th October 2022, 08:47 PM
Oh god, now I want a TB!

Yeah a TB48. Never late in a 4.8

BrazilianY60
25th October 2022, 09:21 PM
Never late in a 4.8

Liked the sound of that :cheers:

Have one for the blokes with TB45 as well? :animierte-sm

nissannewby
26th October 2022, 06:35 AM
You know your alive in a 4.5. Lol

Stropp
27th October 2022, 12:13 AM
86164 check this one out

taslucas
27th October 2022, 05:43 AM
You know your alive in a 4.5. LolLet fossil fuels thrive with a 4.5

taslucas
27th October 2022, 05:44 AM
86164 check this one outLooks neat enough. Almost suspiciously too cheap though! What's the catch?

Rossco
27th October 2022, 05:51 AM
Be a conversion I'd assume, silvertop motor and top mount intercooler wouldn't have been factory on an early one . Looks very clean tho. .

Rossco
27th October 2022, 06:04 AM
When did the ZD come out in GUs, was it from the start or just RD28 for a couple of years? . .

mudski
27th October 2022, 07:12 AM
When did the ZD come out in GUs, was it from the start or just RD28 for a couple of years? . .

April(i think) 2000 the ZD30 was released mate.

Stropp
27th October 2022, 07:15 AM
Looks neat enough. Almost suspiciously too cheap though! What's the catch?

Not sure mate I’ll jump on and message him

mudski
27th October 2022, 08:43 AM
Be a conversion I'd assume, silvertop motor and top mount intercooler wouldn't have been factory on an early one . Looks very clean tho. .

Yep, silver top motor. Definitely been swapped out. No problem though as long as it been done right and legally.
If you go look at it, have a look at how close the back of the exhaust manifold is to the firewall. You need to easily fit your hand in between the two. I see a lot of people on FB using the ZD crossmember which pulls the engine back 10mm. No issues when driving forward, but in reverse the engine hits the firewall and makes a hell of a noise. Been there before…

Stropp
27th October 2022, 06:53 PM
I bought it as a project mate not sure on history no log books sorry I did the conversion used the engine mount kit from patrol-a-part so no cutting or welding on chassis

From the guy that owns it.

taslucas
28th October 2022, 08:44 PM
Currently high on the list ..http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/10/88.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/10/89.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/10/90.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/10/91.jpg

taslucas
28th October 2022, 08:45 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/10/92.jpg

BrazilianY60
29th October 2022, 05:49 AM
Seems top stuff. Have you checked it already? Is the price appropriate?

taslucas
29th October 2022, 06:22 AM
Seems top stuff. Have you checked it already? Is the price appropriate?No, I haven't seen it in person yet. If the ad is honest then the price is good

Winnie
29th October 2022, 08:04 AM
Nice long list of high quality add ons by the sounds of it! Where is it?

taslucas
30th October 2022, 06:55 AM
Nice long list of high quality add ons by the sounds of it! Where is it?

Sent from my SM-G986B using TapatalkHobart [emoji106]

taslucas
22nd January 2023, 07:15 AM
Well, Christmas has come and gone... No gu yet but the dream is still alive! I just happen to keep finding things to do to my house before taking the plunge. Suspected clutch failure on the nav so that's getting fixed up first. Not a huge amount of td42s on the Tassie market but the prices continue to calm down. Soon...soon ... [emoji16]

Stropp
22nd January 2023, 09:48 AM
Well, Christmas has come and gone... No gu yet but the dream is still alive! I just happen to keep finding things to do to my house before taking the plunge. Suspected clutch failure on the nav so that's getting fixed up first. Not a huge amount of td42s on the Tassie market but the prices continue to calm down. Soon...soon ... [emoji16]

Well you have 11 months before Christmas 😉

taslucas
22nd January 2023, 09:16 PM
Well you have 11 months before Christmas [emoji6]I'll just edit the heading! [emoji28]

It won't rhyme though... Oh no 63 rhymes with 2023!! [emoji44]

taslucas
13th August 2023, 06:31 PM
Yo!
So I need some help understanding the series years and features.
Which years are series 1,2,3 etc?
Do 98 ST's have elec windows?
Which year did dx's start coming with electric windows and central locking?

Cremulator
13th August 2023, 07:44 PM
The best way would be to read up on the models with Redbook.
There is an article about buying a used model 1988-2010 https://www.redbook.com.au/editorial/details/buying-a-used-nissan-patrol-1988-2010-22866/

And searching the GU TD42 variants from 1998 - 2006 to see the difference between models.
https://www.redbook.com.au/ (https://www.redbook.com.au/cars/?q=(And.YearRange.range(1998..2006)._.(C.Make.Niss an._.Model.Patrol.)_.BodyType.SUV._.FuelType.Diese l._.EngineSize.range(4000..).))

taslucas
13th August 2023, 07:52 PM
Cheers mate, will give it a look

mudski
14th August 2023, 08:21 AM
Yo!
So I need some help understanding the series years and features.
Which years are series 1,2,3 etc?
Do 98 ST's have elec windows?
Which year did dx's start coming with electric windows and central locking?

Series 1 to 3 are the first shape, I suppose you call it. The headlights and indicators are separate, from series 4 on they are one piece. Larger tail lights on the 4 an on, different dash, larger flares on the 4 an on.

AFAIK, all ST's have electric windows, and no DX's had them, or central locking.

taslucas
18th September 2023, 08:59 AM
By Christmas 2022? I must be working on Tassie time [emoji28]

taslucas
18th September 2023, 08:25 PM
Woooooo!8733787338

Plasnart
18th September 2023, 08:57 PM
Jeez mate took ya time! Haha congrats mate! Tell us all about the new girl.

MudRunnerTD
18th September 2023, 08:58 PM
Hahahaha11 Thats bloody awesome mate. Congrats. You said before Christmas...... technically Before Christmas it is!

AB
18th September 2023, 09:04 PM
Love the colour bro, congrats!!!

taslucas
18th September 2023, 09:15 PM
Yep, took my time, got a good deal [emoji28]
2001 factory turbo td42. Untouched engine, Rack, awning, Koni adjustables, Nissan bar, warn xd9000, dual Battery, 16" steelies, 334,000kms, not one oil leak lol.

taslucas
18th September 2023, 09:17 PM
Wide mirrors (electric) but I'll swap them. Reverse camera, UHF, free multi meter and 3 fishing lures left behind seat lol

Plasnart
18th September 2023, 09:31 PM
Wide mirrors (electric) but I'll swap them. Reverse camera, UHF, free multi meter and 3 fishing lures left behind seat lol

Stick your finger inside the chassis then give it a lick. You taste salt flush flush flush then fish oil the sh!t out of it.

Unless you’re talking Tassie freshwater fly lures! 😂

Bloody well done though mate. Did you need to come over or did you find it locally?

taslucas
18th September 2023, 09:33 PM
Yeah, will give it all a good going over. Bit of a clean and some touch ups. I found it in Launceston so not far away at all [emoji106]

rusty_nail
18th September 2023, 10:06 PM
Yeah, will give it all a good going over. Bit of a clean and some touch ups. I found it in Launceston so not far away at all [emoji106]

congrats on the new car mate

Plasnart
18th September 2023, 10:10 PM

Nice mate. Seriously the day you buy a TD42 is a life changing motoring moment. Don’t think it gets better than that. 😃

mudnut
18th September 2023, 11:23 PM
Noice!... :)

Rossco
19th September 2023, 10:07 PM
Bloody beautiful factory TD42T she'll go forever [emoji7] [emoji106][emoji106]

BrazilianY60
19th September 2023, 11:29 PM
Congrats mate! Some more pictures of the interior and engine bay please!
From the looks I guess she even came with a full tank!

taslucas
20th September 2023, 10:38 AM
Congrats mate! Some more pictures of the interior and engine bay please!
From the looks I guess she even came with a full tank!Cheers mate! I'll start a members ride thread soon.

taslucas
21st September 2023, 07:17 PM
oh yeah my guys! Its happened!

Follow the excitement here:
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?55904-Taslucas-s-GU-Forty-Two!