PDA

View Full Version : Hi All - CRD 3.0 turbo diesel 08 ST GU4

Calts
1st April 2022, 02:56 AM
Hi All

Realised I havent posted my Intro yet

Lurking around here for years but only signed up last yr.
So helpful and knowledgeable threads for a do it yaself tragics like my self is AWESOME!!

Running a CRD 08 ST GU4 3.0l turbo diesel, lovingly treated with Liquimoly MO2, permalube conditioner. New kings springs and ultra long travel shocks.
Fitted new aftermarket tie end rods and steering dampner.
repaired drivers door lock (damn plastic rivets) THANKS TO FORUM THREADS...
Replaced door speakers and window switches (thanks again threads)
And hooked up oil catch can - plus MAFS after market wiring harness to air sensor to permanently keep ERG valve closed. (couldnt be bothered blanking it)

Now needing to replace old stereo, broken electric antenna etc. :driving2:

Thanks everyone

growler2058
1st April 2022, 05:32 AM
G'day mate, welcome aboard

Dhuck
1st April 2022, 07:56 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

AB
1st April 2022, 08:55 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

nipagu7
1st April 2022, 11:27 AM
welcome calts . Calts , could you please tell me more about this mafs wiring harness mod .

Calts
13th October 2022, 03:31 AM
GDay Nipagu7

https://www.aironboard.com.au/store/products/egr/egr-blanking-modules.html

Just a wiring loom that plugs between mafs sensor loom and connector to tell ECU to keep EGR valve closed/ also blanks comms to EGR codes (as seen from my scan gauge)

useful little bit of kit, bought mine off ebay for 50 bucks.

Hope that helps

Now I'm trying to find wh I have fuel bleed back after 3 hrs of corrugated track driving (replaced two filters, hoses and prime lifter pump) could it be the dreaded relief valve on the fuel rail?

nipagu7
13th October 2022, 01:40 PM
ok , so the harness is basically the pink wire maf mod . with the air leak , you could replace the last flexible fuel hose before the Injector pump with a clear one temporarily ( make sure there is a upward loop in the hose ) . if after sitting over night air leaks in somewhere before the IP , it should collect at the top of the loop . have a look at it before starting the car , if there is no air bubble there get someone else to start the car while you watch the hose to see if any air comes thru . if you see air there the problem is somewhere between there and the fuel tank . a cheap and easy test before playing around with anything after that point .

pollenface
17th October 2022, 11:28 PM
I have the same model, I was my happiest with an exhaust, intake clean and retune. Not a cheap process but worth the money.

What was the issue with the drivers door lock?

BrazilianY60
18th October 2022, 12:37 AM
repaired drivers door lock (damn plastic rivets) THANKS TO FORUM THREADS...

Interesting. I have to investigate a similar issue in mine. Can you please point out the thread where you found the solution?

Calts
21st October 2022, 01:42 PM
GDay Pollen

Old dreaded door lock mechanism loses central pivot that holds it together when locking and unlocking - more noticable using central locking on remote.

Could get bad to point it jams up and have to chisel inside door cover off to open door.

Plastic rivet which snaps so remove and replace with steel bolt and nut.

Calts
21st October 2022, 01:52 PM
numerous threads that helpd Brazilian

Look up on other patrol 4x4 site and youtube many references there as well.

Dont buy the chinese replacement like I did, fit in ok but wont clear the locking bar in frame correctly, door was always open a crack

cheers

Calts
21st October 2022, 01:56 PM
Update on patrol

So new stereo in, LOVELY

NEw aerial fixed...piece of cake...troublesome little bit getting motor out of tyre guard but got it done

Now on fuel issue - mechanic worked back replacing all rubber hoses and process of elimination to the pump :icon_bonk:

Last ditch for cheap repair is just fitted a new SCV to fuel pmp hoping that may be shot to buggery....if not Im sourcing a new fuel pump $$$

Calts
5th November 2022, 12:39 AM
SO not good news I'm afraid

No sooner Im here on the patrol sight I've gone and done a dirty deed....... Bought a new prado ....

Patrol is dire
so MEch found just a few issues
1 - All four glows plugs were broken and not working
2 - two of four injectors had major fuel bleed back
3 - High pressure injector pump def has internal leak
4 - 4th cylinder little to no compression

I wanted to look at new motor conversion but missus forced my hand
Happy wife happy life right??

BrazilianY60
5th November 2022, 01:10 AM
Although I am really into Patrols, the Prado is a good 4x4 no doubt. Wife just saved your wallet. Conversions are fun stuff for the strong hearted, but requires time, patience and no doubt, more cash then it is worth.