PDA

View Full Version : Polishing Pearl Paint

shakey55
13th March 2022, 05:12 PM
A quick question.

Is it safe to cut, polish and wax a pearl paint job.

If no, any recommendations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mudski
16th March 2022, 04:42 PM
I wouldn't. But I'd be asking a pro on this if it were me. Not just us monkeys. :animierte-sm:

shakey55
16th March 2022, 06:22 PM
I wouldn't. But I'd be asking a pro on this if it were me. Not just us monkeys. :animierte-sm:

Thanks mudski

I remember hearing something about this years ago. It’s not the patrol, it’s the wife’s Subaru.

I’ll make further inquiries

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mudski
16th March 2022, 09:06 PM
Thanks mudski

I remember hearing something about this years ago. It’s not the patrol, it’s the wife’s Subaru.

Cheers

Righto. With a pearl paint job I’d rather pay a pro to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04OFF
17th March 2022, 12:12 AM
Thanks mudski

Cheers

What year scooby ? if its pretty late model, it will certainly be a 3 layer pearl, and so will have a clear coat, so you can defiantly cut and polish it no worries if its not been done to hard before, Subaru normally have quite a reasonable amount of clear , unlike the Nissans that are perhaps the thinnest clear ive come across on anything to date (30+ years in the used car industry)

shakey55
17th March 2022, 04:04 AM
What year scooby ? if its pretty late model, it will certainly be a 3 layer pearl, and so will have a clear coat, so you can defiantly cut and polish it no worries if its not been done to hard before, Subaru normally have quite a reasonable amount of clear , unlike the Nissans that are perhaps the thinnest clear ive come across on anything to date (30+ years in the used car industry)

It’s a 2012 and has never been polished. We’ve owned it since new