PDA

View Full Version : Nulon Product - Start Ya Bastard

Bigrig
7th August 2011, 09:41 AM
Howdy

Anyone used this? I've got the petrol tank out getting reshaped, and the truck won't start cold on gas ... thinking about whacking a squirt of this up the inlet ducting from the airbox. Once it's running it's like a bought one, but I'm burning the starter (and flattening the battery!!) trying to get it to kick over, and obviously worried about some serious backfire action!! (I've got the clips off the airbox just in case).

Thoughts, tips, etc??

growler2058
7th August 2011, 09:45 AM
Assume its like aerostart if so dont but too much of a squirt effen BOOM

macca
7th August 2011, 09:47 AM
Cant see a problem mate, guess you should use it sparingly.
Had a diesel van years ago and use aerostart on the airfilter inlet when cranking and it worked a treat.
Was a cabover so easy enough to do, bit harder for you to do it on your own.
Love the name hey, "start ya bastard" Dad couldnt believe it when he first saw it
Macca

Bigrig
7th August 2011, 09:49 AM
Yeah, think it's the same gear in a different package ... just need that first kick over and it'll crack on ... tried to start it yesterday and no go, so had to suffer the indignity of driving around in a jeep all day!!! lmao

growler2058
7th August 2011, 09:53 AM
just go easy on it i thought it was for use on diesel motors mostly but ive used it on motorbikes -perkins truck motors

YNOT
7th August 2011, 09:55 AM
SYB and aerostart are the same thing, ether based products.
As said use it sparingly and get your hand and the can out of the way quickly in case of backfire.

Your gas system may set up with petrol only start with automatic change over in which case the module only needs to see the engine running for the change over to happen, SYB should do the trick.

Tony

growler2058
7th August 2011, 09:57 AM
oh and i love the smell of it hahahaha

Bigrig
7th August 2011, 10:00 AM
SYB and aerostart are the same thing, ether based products.
As said use it sparingly and get your hand and the can out of the way quickly in case of backfire.

Your gas system may set up with petrol only start with automatic change over in which case the module only needs to see the engine running for the change over to happen, SYB should do the trick.

Tony

Thanks again!! My LPG system is the old style (no initial squirt of petrol) so it is a dog when cold, but once it catches, it runs and idles better than on petrol when cold ... not a problem I'll have in a month or two when it is all removed!!!

Thanks all - going to buy a can right now ... chat later if I don't blow it up!!! lol

growler2058
7th August 2011, 10:03 AM
Will look north east for :blowup:

DX grunt
7th August 2011, 10:21 AM
had to suffer the indignity of driving around in a jeep all day!!! lmao

We love pics! Show us a pic of you driving your Rubicon. lol hahahahahahahahahaha

AB
7th August 2011, 10:32 AM
Yep, only a tiny squirt mate....TRUST ME!!!....LMAO

YNOT
7th August 2011, 10:32 AM
We love pics! Show us a pic of you driving your Rubicon. lol hahahahahahahahahaha

C'mon Dhuck, you've got Sandra's number, I'm sure she'll be happy to supply a photo!

I hope Scott doesn't start any fires, SEQ is so dry at the moment that one spark and the whole place will go up in smoke.

Tony

Bigrig
7th August 2011, 10:39 AM

Nope!!!! lmao ...

Bigrig
7th August 2011, 10:40 AM
I got aerostart instead ... will give it a go in a minute when the nerves calm down!!! lol

growler2058
7th August 2011, 10:47 AM
Carefullllll :blowup::blowup::blowup:

Bigrig
7th August 2011, 11:17 AM
Purring like a kitten!!! Thanks again all ...

growler2058
7th August 2011, 11:56 AM
Smells like racing mmmmmmm

Kelvinator
12th August 2011, 02:24 AM
ive only ever used start you bastard on petrol motors, and im not afraid to sticky tape the ol nozzle down. Mind you this was only ever on my own motors and i used it to run the motor for long enough to test a gremlin. And ive never had anything go boom although i do rock the ol hand covering the vitals as insurance

BillsGU
12th August 2011, 12:01 PM
Have only used it on a cranky motorbike - and it worked well. Don't get any on the paint though - it loves paint !!!!

Shaunous
12th August 2011, 06:40 PM
Stay away from it if you love you engine, but if your not at all to fussed, aerostart, or even brake clean, pretty much anything with an alcohol content will start diesel or petrol engines, but when starting them it also cleans out the cylinders and top end of any lubricating oil. So go easy :smile: ..

damienmulcahy
17th August 2013, 09:40 PM
It's all nasty stuff

Parksy
17th August 2013, 09:46 PM
Isopropyl alcohol in a squirt bottle works wonders too.

NP99
17th August 2013, 09:48 PM
Does good on chainsaws.....

threedogs
18th August 2013, 09:23 AM
Years ago a little spray of ether on the sleeping bag hood and "happy days"
very volatile though use with caution

davo94
18th August 2013, 11:22 AM
Howdy

Anyone used this? I've got the petrol tank out getting reshaped, and the truck won't start cold on gas ... thinking about whacking a squirt of this up the inlet ducting from the airbox. Once it's running it's like a bought one, but I'm burning the starter (and flattening the battery!!) trying to get it to kick over, and obviously worried about some serious backfire action!! (I've got the clips off the airbox just in case).

Thoughts, tips, etc??

Cycle the reds on and off 3 times hold half throttle and she should fire up on gas no prob..

By using the reds 3 times it primes the gas system and allows easyer starting and the intake has more gas and is picked up in the intake vacume.

98patrol
28th August 2013, 06:14 PM
Start ya bastard got my gq tb42 started down the snowys in the cold morning . Wouldn't start without it

GQ TANK
29th August 2013, 11:52 PM
Used it a few times - Helped when my ef died - worked out it was a fuel issue