PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy in Guatemala

JungleJim
7th August 2011, 05:31 AM
Hey everyone,
I've spent so many hours reading your posts that I already feel like I know many of you. I just bought my first Patrol 4 days ago and figured I should sign up. Also, I have several questions and need your help...

I've been in Guatemala for just over 5 years now. I'm originally from the States and moved here with my wife as missionaries. We have 2 year old twin boys with another one on the way. We live and work in the jungle where for 6 months of the year the roads are closed to everyone but me because of the rainy season. I have a Tacoma (don't hate on my toyota) but it's not big enough for the growing family so I went with a 2003 V-6, Gas, automatic Patrol.

We speak English, Spanish and Kekchi (the indigenous Mayan language) and love our jobs. I especially like driving to work every day...

I look forward to chatting with you all and discussing patrols even further. I have already learned a lot and appreciate your time in building this site.

Jimmy

katwoman
7th August 2011, 05:34 AM
Welcome Jimmy.. A beautiful truck you have.. Enjoy the forum..

JungleJim
7th August 2011, 06:07 AM
Thanks KatWoman. I think I need to brush up on my Aussie speak...

katwoman
7th August 2011, 06:15 AM
Thanks KatWoman. I think I need to brush up on my Aussie speak...

Not at all, mate..
You should hear how some of us speak !!

Maxhead
7th August 2011, 07:01 AM
G'Day Jimmy, welcome to the forum mate. Good looking rig there , the best model around :)

YNOT
7th August 2011, 07:43 AM
Welcome to the forum Jimmy,

Tony

Bob
7th August 2011, 08:40 AM
Welcome Jimmy. Join in the conversations and enjoy

Bigrig
7th August 2011, 09:08 AM
G'day mate - Welcome aboard. Great people, information and forum laughs, so don't be shy and join to make the most of it. Enjoy!

growler2058
7th August 2011, 09:08 AM
G'day Jimmy welcome aboard your GU is certainly a good lookin truck the only improvements would be if it was a white GQ hahahahaha they're a good mob here full of great info and advice

Dhuck
7th August 2011, 09:13 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Clunk
7th August 2011, 12:06 PM
g'day Jimmy and welcome aboard mate

JungleJim
7th August 2011, 12:18 PM
Thanks everybody. I'm feeling the love... Now if I can just get her started it will be all fun and games after that...

Woof
7th August 2011, 05:13 PM
Welcome to the forum Jimmy, enjoy mate

snicko
7th August 2011, 05:17 PM
Welcome aboard Jimmy. Lots of friendly people with good advice. Enjoy the forum.

Sir Roofy
7th August 2011, 06:01 PM
welcome aboard jimmy enjoy your stay mate
nice looking rig there bit like mine lol

Finly Owner
7th August 2011, 10:18 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Jimmy

Tim

timbar
8th August 2011, 03:48 AM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

starck
8th August 2011, 07:21 AM
Hello Jimmy.
All Patrol lovers are really welcome people here - I can admit. I can write not a percent of Aussie english and have always got help here.
There is AllOverWorld trip going to happen soon - http://www.bezdroza4x4.pl/worldchallenge.shtml
As You see - Guatemala is on the list.

I must push organizer to modify the trip with my favorite Australia and Japan.
Welcome abroad.
Best regards from Poland

nowoolies
8th August 2011, 12:29 PM
g`day Jimmy
welcome on bord mate
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies

JungleJim
8th August 2011, 12:58 PM
Hey Starck,
Can't understand anything from that site, but I did find the list of Guatemalan cities. Looks everybody will stay up in the mountains on the highways (which sometimes you need 4x4 for) and not head through my area. It's a shame, as we have "roads" that would be an actual challenge. In the mountains the main thing to watch out for is the road being washed away after heavy rain or big boulders in your lane. More dangerous than those natural disasters are the disastrous chicken bus drivers that pack those highways. Good luck to everybody on that trip as I increased my life expectancy by moving away from there and to the jungle...