PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone Im satyx

satyx
6th August 2011, 11:38 PM
Hello everybody,

Im satyx and ive just joined this fourm. Just wanted to say a quick hello and introduce myself. Ive just purchased a new 2nd hand '05 GU which ill be collecting in 2 days. Its fairly stock so there is a lot to modify to get it how i think i want it. Am very excited. Ill be furiously researching the fourms and asking many questions on how to get the best from my new ride. Im sure i can learn lots from the members here.

Cheers ,

satyx

snicko
6th August 2011, 11:40 PM
Welcome aboard Satyx. Plenty of good info and friendly people here. Hope you enjoy the forum.

Bigrig
6th August 2011, 11:43 PM
G'day mate - Welcome aboard. Great people, information and forum laughs, so don't be shy and join to make the most of it. Enjoy!

Clunk
6th August 2011, 11:47 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard, pleant of advice on here so have a good look around mate

Dhuck
6th August 2011, 11:56 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

katwoman
7th August 2011, 12:02 AM
Welcome, enjoy your stay...

Maxhead
7th August 2011, 07:03 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum Satyx

YNOT
7th August 2011, 07:42 AM
Welcome to the forum Satyx.

Tony

Bob
7th August 2011, 08:42 AM
Welcome Mate. Join in and enjoy the ride

growler2058
7th August 2011, 09:05 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard they're s good mob here full of good info and advice

satyx
7th August 2011, 06:00 PM
Well it sure is a welcome place here. All these replies and on a sunday none the less, would have guessed all you guys would be out 4 wheel'n and having fun. Being this is my first big 4wd ( i used to have a run down farm suzuki i learnt to drive in) what things should i be doing during the fist couple weeks. The dealer i purchased it from claimed the car was fully serviced and they have a solid rep here in town, but ive been told i should get it fully serviced with gear and oils i know and trust. Should i drain every fluid and refill or just focus on the engine oil, gbox etc? Any other suggestions?

satyx

Sir Roofy
7th August 2011, 06:03 PM
welcome aboard mate enjoy your stay

growler2058
7th August 2011, 06:04 PM
If you got the time n coin go the lot incl diffs trnsfer g/box aengine and transfer case and get yourself an oil pump there are various threads describing the joys of changing fluids :thumbup: have fun with it mate

Woof
7th August 2011, 06:11 PM
Welcome to the forum Satyx, enjoy mate

NissanGQ4.2
7th August 2011, 07:42 PM
Welcome 2 the forum mate,

Great bunch of guys and girls on here always willing 2 help out when needed.

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer..

Cheers

Todd

Finly Owner
7th August 2011, 10:16 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Satyx

Tim

timbar
8th August 2011, 03:40 AM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

satyx
30th December 2011, 11:08 PM
Hey everyone, thought i would post a pic of our new little addition. Our new puppy Max. He was 10wks old in that pic (now about 12-13wks) and is a Kelpie x Collie. My better half is over the moon, as its her first dog but its up to me to start training him to behave and obey. Its nice to come home and have someone meet me at the door, and i have big plans, i think it would be fun to get him into agility training. Keep him active and healthy.

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j415/satyx2401/_post_Max10Wks.jpg

Clunk
30th December 2011, 11:16 PM
nice looking pup you got there mate, I've got 2 labs and yeah it's a good idea to keep them occupied..................... mine would chew the house down if they were given the chance!!!!!!!! lol

tusman
31st December 2011, 01:04 AM
Hi mate, Nice pup, I've got a kelpi x colli to, he was a handfull as a pup but such a champ now. welcome to the forum, as the guys have said above welcome.

DX grunt
31st December 2011, 08:16 AM
G'day mate

Welcome to the forum and glad you could join us. Soirry I missed your intro ...months ago. lol

Don't forget - plenty of pics in the Member's Ride Section. lol

If I could offer you any advice, it would be.....make a list of wants V needs - then prioritise. Decide your driving style, where you want to go and how you want to get there and back.

There's plenty of video clips/safety things on this forum, so have a good read first. I'd strongly suggest you start by considering proper, recovery points - front and rear - if you don't already have them.

Personally, I will not be recovered or recover anybody unless they have proper recovery points.

Using a towball is a big NO, NO - and could cause very serious injuries (including death) and/or damage.

Take care out there and congrats on your new toy. lol

Rossco

Edit: Nice pup. Puppies and polished floor boards..... I'd be making it wear socks in the house. lol hahaha

wildgu6
31st December 2011, 01:04 PM
Hey Statyx, like Rossco i missed your intro back in Aug, was ofline for 3 months in despute with IP around that time.
Anyway better late than never, So welcome aboard buddy, great site great info great peeps make this place the best site around.
Hope your enjoying your stay and look forward to chattin soon. Hope you had a great chrissy mate.

Stay safe Cheers Pete