PDA

View Full Version : What is it with us blokes and Shiny Stuff?

Bigrig
6th August 2011, 09:14 AM
Well, let's face it, I'm a dead set sucker for shiny stuff ... doesn't make a difference if is has a purpose or not, so long as it looks sexy!!! lol

I got the braided brake lines in yesterday, and warranted, they are under the vehicle where they'll never be seen, and they are just going to get covered in crap, but how bloody good does a set of shiny, stainless braided lines with powdercoated shiny blue connectors look? Bloody good let me tell you!!!! lmao.

Considering the lengths I've gone to getting rid of all the alloy on the truck, I must admit I loved standing there with the truck on the hoist looking at some shiny gear that I'll never see again!!!! lol

Soooo ... what have you put on your rig, in your house, etc that at the end of the day you could have done without and/or could of gotten a less "sparkly" model, but got anyway coz you succumbed to the 'shiny thing'??

Over to you ...

growler2058
6th August 2011, 09:16 AM
Wifes engagement ring hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Dhuck
6th August 2011, 09:23 AM
Wifes engagement ring hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Was that less sparkly would have sufficed or not needing to get it at all?

Bigrig
6th August 2011, 09:36 AM
Was that less sparkly would have sufficed or not needing to get it at all?

Hahaha ... X2???

growler2058
6th August 2011, 09:39 AM
Bit of both really hahahahahhahahaha 1st wifes gone
and the new model doesnt wear the thing cuse her wedding rings too big hahahahahahahahaha

Bigrig
6th August 2011, 09:41 AM
Bit of both really hahahahahhahahaha 1st wifes gone
and the new model doesnt wear the thing cuse her wedding rings too big hahahahahahahahaha

"new model"??? I'm dead set giggling!! lmao

growler2058
6th August 2011, 09:43 AM
SSShhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dont tell her i said that.

Once when i was pi55ed i jokingly called her the next ex.................i thought it was pi55 funny but she didnt.....still doesnt years later if it gets bought up ahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Dhuck
6th August 2011, 09:50 AM
Be careful what is said around Scotty re: wifeys. He instigates the subject then runs away with his tale between his legs and leaves the other offending party to cop the poo. Hope he or his missus does not have your number as you would get hammered with txt messages. But I am still having a giggle.

YNOT
6th August 2011, 09:50 AM
SSShhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dont tell her i said that.

Once when i was pi55ed i jokingly called her the next ex.................i thought it was pi55 funny but she didnt.....still doesnt years later if it gets bought up ahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I can sympathise with you, I once joked that I needed a new wife because I broke the first one! Late wifes sister didn't see the humour in it like I did - looking back saying that right in front of her was not the smartest thing I've ever done.

Tony

growler2058
6th August 2011, 09:57 AM
Well this is still sorta shiny but I never see it others might if they're up skirting my Agatha hahahahahaha but has definitely lost the "shiney wow factor"7059

YNOT
6th August 2011, 10:05 AM
Well this is still sorta shiny but I never see it others might if they're up skirting my Agatha hahahahahaha but has definitely lost the "shiney wow factor"7059

I think this is half the reason Superior Engineering sell so much stuff, it's all nickel plated and shiney.

Good to see you got the thread back on topic after hijacking it with the very first reply! Haha.

Tony

growler2058
6th August 2011, 10:08 AM
HAHAHAHAAHA iwas serious about the ring was nice n shiney an like a magpie i swooped hahahahahahaha total waste of money hahahaaahahahahaha god i hope she never reads this hahahahahahahaha

patch697
6th August 2011, 10:30 AM
Gee Bigus.................... Why don't you title your next post:...."WHATS THE MEANING OF LIFE" .............................. lmfao

Clunk
6th August 2011, 11:07 AM
Gee Bigus.................... Why don't you title your next post:...."WHATS THE MEANING OF LIFE" .............................. lmfao

hey O know the answer to that!!!....................................... Not posting a hilarious video with a toy truck towing Katrol's doppleganger!!!!!................................ roflmao hahahahahaha, pml lol mwahh hahaha hahaha haha , p'dml again!!!!!!!

patch697
6th August 2011, 11:21 AM
hey O know the answer to that!!!....................................... Not posting a hilarious video with a toy truck towing Katrol's doppleganger!!!!!................................ roflmao hahahahahaha, pml lol mwahh hahaha hahaha haha , p'dml again!!!!!!!

Oh your just asking for an ear slapping now............................ ROFLMFAO

Now stop "HIGHJACKING".....................lol

Clunk
6th August 2011, 11:26 AM
Oh your just asking for an ear slapping now............................ ROFLMFAO

Now stop "HIGHJACKING".....................lol

yes Boss!!!!!!! consider my ear well and truly slapped lmao

MudRunnerTD
7th August 2011, 01:01 AM
Hmmmm.... The Braided Brake lines were a winner for me. you will love them, they are awesome. I hve never regretted fitting them regardless of the cost. No brake fade, they catch on fire now before they fade out. AWESOME.

Finly Owner
7th August 2011, 10:30 PM
I can sympathise with you, I once joked that I needed a new wife because I broke the first one! Late wifes sister didn't see the humour in it like I did - looking back saying that right in front of her was not the smartest thing I've ever done.

TonyUmmmm Shite! many apologies for much tell Aye?

Tim