PDA

View Full Version : New 4x4 Store

AB
5th August 2011, 12:56 PM
Hi All,

I have partnered up with Amazon to host a 4x4 store on our website.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/4x4-store.html

Spent a million hours organising the products and categories into their correct order to hopefully show site visitors a range of 4wd and camping products.

Any sales made through that page the forum gets a small commission from the sale back into the forum so please have a look in there next time your shopping for goodies.

I have tried to make the categories and products relevant for our Patrols and lifestyles. If you find anything in there that should not be there then please let me know.

Feel free to shop around the store. In fact the Autometer Pyro and Boost gauges are a lot cheaper in that store then any retail shop that I know of. Even with postage they are still miles in front.

Let me know your thoughts anyway, good or bad!

Cheers

Andy

rkinsey
5th August 2011, 01:25 PM
Nice one AB. Well done.

You deserve a pay rise mate....at least tripple of what you get now....:biggrin:

fixer982
5th August 2011, 01:48 PM
Thanks Andy. Another place to spend my hard-earned. My manager will be thrilled.....LOL

Maxhead
5th August 2011, 01:59 PM
Good job mate!

growler2058
5th August 2011, 02:15 PM
Cool one stop shop

Bob
5th August 2011, 02:16 PM
That is very handy AB. Have added it to the Index to handy Threads

AB
5th August 2011, 02:50 PM
Cheers for the feedback gents!

I spent hours trying to work out categories so if you think of any other categories to add then please let me know!

YNOT
5th August 2011, 06:12 PM
Looks good AB but I have a few suggestions;

1, Could the snatch strap ratings be shown in kg instead of (or as well as) lb as this is how we are used to seeing them rated in Australia. The winches could do with their capacities in the item title as well.

2, "Gauges and pods" has some odd stuff in it eg, forklift gas cylinders, feeler gauges, angle gauges etc. Maybe a seperate section for automotive tools. Not sure about the forklift cylinder???

3, There are a lot of gauges and related products in "electronic equipment" section which crosses over with "gauges and pods". Holley carbies are not really electronic equipment either?

4, Maybe a seperate section for audio equipment, a lot of the audio equipment is currently in "gauges and pods".

That's as far as I've got so far looking through the store. With so much gear it's going to be a mammoth job sorting it all into the right sections.

NissanGQ4.2
5th August 2011, 07:51 PM
You got me AB........ when I first read the thread title I thought you had bought the 4x4store.com.au Domain!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks good AB, you might want 2 add something 2 the page saying that all sales are made through amazon and not nissan patrol.com.au.

Parra
5th August 2011, 10:30 PM
nice work mate! looks great

the godfather
5th August 2011, 10:43 PM
Sweet. Spend spend spend...

MudRunnerTD
5th August 2011, 11:52 PM
Hey AB looks good mate,

But i am a little confused mate??is it your store hosted on Amazon? or their store hosted here? I would hope that you are the main bread winner there mate? Looks good.

MudRunnerTD
5th August 2011, 11:54 PM
Ghee the EZ tyre deflator at $38 is cheaper than on Ebay or at ARB where you will pay $65 every day of the week. the hi output compressor is a good saving too.

DX grunt
6th August 2011, 07:03 AM
Well done.

I'd like to see a Spandex and G banger Category, too. lol

Seriously, I love it. Just going through the solar category and love it. Too many options to spend my money! lol

Thanks heaps.

Rossco

NissanGQ4.2
6th August 2011, 08:56 AM
Hey AB looks good mate,

But i am a little confused mate??is it your store hosted on Amazon? or their store hosted here? I would hope that you are the main bread winner there mate? Looks good.

I dare say it is there store just advertising through nissanpatrol.com.au, if anyone buys through the site AB will get a small commission from the sale. Won't make him a heap of money but every little bit helps

AB
6th August 2011, 08:40 PM
Looks good AB but I have a few suggestions;

1, Could the snatch strap ratings be shown in kg instead of (or as well as) lb as this is how we are used to seeing them rated in Australia. The winches could do with their capacities in the item title as well.

2, "Gauges and pods" has some odd stuff in it eg, forklift gas cylinders, feeler gauges, angle gauges etc. Maybe a seperate section for automotive tools. Not sure about the forklift cylinder???

3, There are a lot of gauges and related products in "electronic equipment" section which crosses over with "gauges and pods". Holley carbies are not really electronic equipment either?

4, Maybe a seperate section for audio equipment, a lot of the audio equipment is currently in "gauges and pods".

That's as far as I've got so far looking through the store. With so much gear it's going to be a mammoth job sorting it all into the right sections.

Thanks a lot for the feedback Tony, I'll fix all that up next week.

You got me AB........ when I first read the thread title I thought you had bought the 4x4store.com.au Domain!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks good AB, you might want 2 add something 2 the page saying that all sales are made through amazon and not nissan patrol.com.au.

I thought you may have thought I bought the 4x4 Store site when I name it that too...lol

I was also going to put a disclaimer up about who is actually selling the stuff, so I will write something up for sure!

AB
6th August 2011, 08:41 PM
I dare say it is there store just advertising through nissanpatrol.com.au, if anyone buys through the site AB will get a small commission from the sale. Won't make him a heap of money but every little bit helps

Yep, thats exactly how it works....MR...I would love to start up a shop but I simply do not have time to do that. But, having saying that we get thousands of visitors to the site each day so it may be something I could organise down the track for sure!!!

Clunk
6th August 2011, 09:54 PM
nice one Andy, now all I need is for payday to arrive!!! lol