PDA

View Full Version : Clearview mirrors for GU DX

monty
14th February 2022, 02:15 PM
Hi all,
Am looking at a 1999 GU DX model with NON-electric mirrors.

I have Clearview on current Isuzu ute and would like to get similar for GU should I buy it.

My question is this: does anyone know if the 'triangle' mounting point on front doors is exactly the same size, bolt holes etc on powered and non-powered GU doors?

If they are the same I'd buy Clearview again as brilliant for towing van. Wiring up shouldn't be too arduous for a good auto sparky. Would need to drill holes to door as DX has manual wind-up windows too.

Oh yes, another question. I think DX doesn't have air-con.
Can this be retro fitted using original (or knock-off) parts from a ST or whatever model GU?

Anyway hope someone has an answer. Cheers, Chris

Cuppa
14th February 2022, 06:31 PM
My GU DX ute has aircon.

Re Mirrors - this link appears to suggest all GU mounts are the same.You could ring them to confirm.

https://patrolapart.com.au/product/clearview-electric-mirror-assembly-suit-nissan-patrol-gu-patrol-in-black

monty
14th February 2022, 07:55 PM
Thanks Cuppa.
I have since found that DX didn't have AC for the first couple of years and was then option and finally standard. I wonder if all the bits could be sourced and installed. Patrolapart have, when in stock, the compressor and other bits, but all the rest like ducting, controls etc could be an installation nightmare. Anyone else know?
As for mirrors, yes I'll have to phone.
Cheers