PDA

View Full Version : Big Desert Touring Route

aidanmair
31st January 2022, 07:48 PM
I found Big Desert pretty hard to plan a trip though, without having been there before its hard to know what the sand and tracks will be like. This is the route I came up with for our first trip there and I put together a video documenting the difficulty of the tracks we drove and the campsites we stayed at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPC4NLF9ah4

Maps Route - https://goo.gl/maps/RLqHKRcSqzAtWu4b6

Campsites:

Night 1 - Schulzes Beach, Lake Hindmarsh

Night 2 - Stockman's Campground

Night 3 - Western Beach, Lake Albacutya

Night 4 - Snowdrift Picnic and Camping Area

MudRunnerTD
1st February 2022, 06:26 PM
Nice trip mate. I have embedded the Video here for you and a screen shot of your trip map. I might follow your trip one day soon. Looks great.

mudski
2nd February 2022, 05:38 PM
Bloody great video as usual. Wish i had more time to do things like this. Thanks for sharing.

aidanmair
2nd February 2022, 10:05 PM
Nice trip mate. I have embedded the Video here for you and a screen shot of your trip map. I might follow your trip one day soon. Looks great.

Oh wicked, thanks for that! Is the video embedding something I can do myself in the future?

aidanmair
2nd February 2022, 10:06 PM
Bloody great video as usual. Wish i had more time to do things like this. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers mudski, my pleasure, I love making them.

MudRunnerTD
3rd February 2022, 01:13 PM
Oh wicked, thanks for that! Is the video embedding something I can do myself in the future?

Hi mate, yes it is pretty easy. i find it impossible to do from the phone though so do it when at a desktop or laptop. Just open your vid id Youtube the copy the URL rather than the embed link and using the video button (second from the right) drop it in then the vid will play from here. The user can then tap the video and play it here of head back to Youtube for a larger version.

And that map image above i just did a Screen grab and then uploaded the photo.

aidanmair
8th February 2022, 08:56 AM
Hi mate, yes it is pretty easy. i find it impossible to do from the phone though so do it when at a desktop or laptop. Just open your vid id Youtube the copy the URL rather than the embed link and using the video button (second from the right) drop it in then the vid will play from here. The user can then tap the video and play it here of head back to Youtube for a larger version.

And that map image above i just did a Screen grab and then uploaded the photo.

Alright easy done, i'll give it a go on the next one. Thanks!

hanna.ferri
3rd August 2022, 02:39 AM
Super cool video you make, very professional and that looks like a lot of fun, Thanks for sharing.