PDA

View Full Version : Hello All..

Nags
3rd August 2011, 04:20 PM
Hi there, this looks like a good place!
Im a fairly new Patrol Fan, Iv had mine going on 2 years, its an old 93 GQ Pet/Gas.

For years i whinged about the Mums at school, crystal clean great big bloody four wheels drives...blocking my veiw, practicly running me over, and when they took half an hour to park the blimmin big things...i practicly had steam coming out my ears.
I stuck with my loverly kingswood, never complained about how much fuel the v8 drank, or how it struggled up hills with the float.
When i had to take my hay down the paddock..no worries, just go faster thru the sand, and when i got stuck some where i thought i could make it but couldnt, i would just shrug and get out the block n tackle..
Then I recieved my GQ as a valentines pressy, didnt want to seem ungrateful, but why do i need such a big car?? I get along fine with my kingswood....

My first drive to town, i thought hmm its nice to drive, loverly to park....nice.
My first load of hay, ripper to tow with, and that sand hill in the top paddock? No drama's, and i hadnt touched that 2nd gear stick yet!!
Before long i found myself throwing that poor GQ at every sand hill, mud hole, Rocky, rutted out hilly track i could find.
And to my amazment it went EVERWHERE i wanted to go...
These days my Kingswood is in the shed under her car car cover, still waiting for sunday..

Today my 4by looks a little worse for wear, and running with a few probs. Thats how i came about to be here... deciding on wether to fix, or upgrade!!

Bob
3rd August 2011, 04:22 PM
wELCOME nAGS. jOIN IN AND ENJOY THE RIDE

Nags
3rd August 2011, 04:27 PM
Thankyou. Looks like theres a lot of great info being shared here.

AB
3rd August 2011, 04:29 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, great intro!

Feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Dhuck
3rd August 2011, 04:33 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Nags
3rd August 2011, 04:38 PM
geez you shoulkdnt give me permission to ask q's straight away..i might get carried away!
Im having suspension & over heating issues, so i will be reading up on the topics here regarding that, as well as seeing what the general opinion on the '98 petrol is, as that is the model im considering if i dont decide to fix.
However, i am one to get attatched to my car, so im thinking fix!!

Bigrig
3rd August 2011, 04:55 PM
G'day mate - Welcome aboard. Great people, information and forum laughs, so don't be shy and join to make the most of it. Enjoy!

growler2058
3rd August 2011, 06:00 PM
Gday nags go the kingy have had nearly every model hahahahahhaha there a god mob here full of great info and advice

Woof
3rd August 2011, 07:02 PM
Welcome to the forum Nags, enjoy mate.............another West Australian, where are you located?

fixer982
3rd August 2011, 07:05 PM
Welcome to the Forum, Nags. Enjoy your time here with us and remember we love pictures on here.

Nags
3rd August 2011, 07:12 PM
Thanks, yep, best place in Aus i recon - the south west!

big_fletch
3rd August 2011, 10:31 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Fletcha

Finly Owner
3rd August 2011, 11:10 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Nags

Tim

katwoman
3rd August 2011, 11:15 PM
Welcome, mate..
from one of those mum's in her bloody big 4x4....

Nags
4th August 2011, 12:04 AM
Thanks Kat, and thats the funny bit...after the years of complaining, I'm one of those Mums too!!

Clunk
4th August 2011, 12:11 AM
g'day mate and welcome aboard

Silver
4th August 2011, 12:17 AM
Hi there, this looks like a good place!
Im a fairly new Patrol Fan, Iv had mine going on 2 years, its an old 93 GQ Pet/Gas.

For years i whinged about the Mums at school, crystal clean great big bloody four wheels drives...blocking my veiw, practicly running me over, and when they took half an hour to park the blimmin big things...i practicly had steam coming out my ears.
I stuck with my loverly kingswood, never complained about how much fuel the v8 drank, or how it struggled up hills with the float.
When i had to take my hay down the paddock..no worries, just go faster thru the sand, and when i got stuck some where i thought i could make it but couldnt, i would just shrug and get out the block n tackle..
Then I recieved my GQ as a valentines pressy, didnt want to seem ungrateful, but why do i need such a big car?? I get along fine with my kingswood....

My first drive to town, i thought hmm its nice to drive, loverly to park....nice.
My first load of hay, ripper to tow with, and that sand hill in the top paddock? No drama's, and i hadnt touched that 2nd gear stick yet!!
Before long i found myself throwing that poor GQ at every sand hill, mud hole, Rocky, rutted out hilly track i could find.
And to my amazment it went EVERWHERE i wanted to go...
These days my Kingswood is in the shed under her car car cover, still waiting for sunday..

Today my 4by looks a little worse for wear, and running with a few probs. Thats how i came about to be here... deciding on wether to fix, or upgrade!!

some will have a different view, but the only way to upgrade is to fix the one you have. Certainly steer clear of those later models :-)

Nags
4th August 2011, 01:32 AM
You know what Silver? I agree!!
Driving home from work, the decision was made...no matter what my temp gauge said, even with her lopsided suspension, this patrol stays with me i recon.
Now the fun starts...diagnosing damage and shopping!
I recon she needs a paint job too.... and that big dent in the door fixed maybe as well, the bugger sticker isnt funny anymore.

timbar
4th August 2011, 03:18 AM
'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Maxhead
5th August 2011, 07:37 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

DX grunt
5th August 2011, 09:38 AM
G'day Nags.

Welcome to another Sandgroper. Where abouts are you from?

You got a ute or a wagon?

Take care out there.

Rossco

Sir Roofy
5th August 2011, 10:20 AM
welcome aboard mate plenty of help here
enjoy your stay