PDA

View Full Version : Introductions

djbilo
3rd August 2011, 03:42 PM
Hello All

I am Simon

I have just brought my first 4x4 a 2002 Nissan patrol 3l turbo deisel with the ZD30 engine all tho it has a couple of small problems that I am trying to fix as we speak(belt noise and Diesel leak under the intercooler somewhere) I am extremley happy to have brought it as i dont think my Holden Adventra could handle the trips we have been doing anymore.

My brother in law which will hopefully join up to this very soon (Devil Dog) was the one who conviced me to buy a patrol as he has a 2004 model.

We are about to take off on a 3 week long trip starting on the 19th August leaving from our place of residence Kalgoorlie Western Australia going along the bottom of australia up the east coast coast to our home town in NSW Crabbes Creek / Ballina for a short stay before moving on up towards the Gympie Muster, before moving towards bundaburg for a few days break and relax with the new nephew, we then hope to take around 10 days to come across australia past aires rock back in to Kalgoorlie around 11th September along the way we are doing as many Geocache's as we can.

We are looking forward to this trip as has been in the plan for over a year now.

Any Recommondations to our trip or things to replace on my patrol.

Anyway thats enought from myself. I look forward to meeting a few people and helping where I can.

Simon

Bob
3rd August 2011, 03:43 PM
Welcome simon. Join in and enjoy

AB
3rd August 2011, 04:19 PM
Welcome to the forum Simon, looks like a great trip planned.

In regards to your questions, you will get a better response if you post up a new question in another category (even just the general chat section) as a lot of people don't read the introductions.

Enjoy the forum mate!

Dhuck
3rd August 2011, 04:34 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Bigrig
3rd August 2011, 04:55 PM
G'day mate - Welcome aboard. Great people, information and forum laughs, so don't be shy and join to make the most of it. Enjoy!

XTC
3rd August 2011, 05:12 PM
Welcome. Sounds like an excellent trip you have planned. Don't forget to take plenty of pics to share with us when you get back home again.

growler2058
3rd August 2011, 06:03 PM
welcome aboard theyre a good mob here full of great info and advice

Woof
3rd August 2011, 06:29 PM
Welcome to the forum Simon, always good to see another West Australian here mate.
Sounds like you are going to have a great trip, hope it is a safe one as well.

scotty83
3rd August 2011, 06:37 PM
Welcome Onboard, heaps of knowledge on this site, lots of experienced people.

BTW.

Diesel leak under the intercooler somewhere
This is probably a leaking intercooler and is more than likely oil not diesel. The oil is from turbo blow back(Normal) and you may want to invest in a catch can and intercooler replacement to fix these problems. Both of which there are heaps of info on here. If you need help finding it just yell out someone will quickly point you in the right direction.

Hope you find everything you are looking for here and that you join in across the forum.

fixer982
3rd August 2011, 06:44 PM
Welcome Simon. Sounds like a wonderful trip you have planned. Remember to send back lots of pictures along the way as they all love pictures here.

djbilo
3rd August 2011, 07:18 PM
Thanks all

Dont worry there will be plenty of pictures.

thanks for the advice on the intercooler will have a look into this as I just pulled it all off today and degresed and cleaned under there. will have a look in a few days.

big_fletch
3rd August 2011, 10:30 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to join in the convo's and have a laugh with all of us

Fletcha

Finly Owner
3rd August 2011, 11:17 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Simon

Tim

Clunk
4th August 2011, 12:17 AM
g'day Simon and welcome aboard

timbar
4th August 2011, 03:31 AM
'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Maxhead
5th August 2011, 07:38 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum Simon

Dark 1
11th August 2011, 09:22 PM
Welcome to the patrol community, have a poke around & join in when your ready.

DX grunt
11th August 2011, 09:24 PM
G'day Kalboy. lol

G'day Simon. Great to have another Sandgroper onboard. Did 2 years at Southern Cross and really miss it out there.

Take care out there.

Rossco

nowoolies
11th August 2011, 09:31 PM
g`day Simon
welcome on board mate
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies