PDA

View Full Version : Dash lights all come on?.

madchef
9th January 2022, 12:29 PM
Hi all, just came back from a trip and as I got home my sub tank light, water in fuel light, AT oil temp light, hand break and battery light all came on ?. What do you think this could be ? I had squealing coming from the engine bay but I think that was the belt tensioner so going to change that also had a burning rubber ish smell next to Alternator could it be that ?.
If alternator where in Perth could I get one this week ?

Thanks for your ideas

Dave

MudRunnerTD
9th January 2022, 12:37 PM
Your Alternator has shat itself mate.

MudRunnerTD
9th January 2022, 12:38 PM
cant help you with parts in WA. but a good start is telling us what model Patrol and what engine? those Lights all coming on ate absolutely the Alternator not charging though.

madchef
9th January 2022, 01:03 PM
Hi just checked charge with engine running and yes 12.34 volts , that’s why my dual battery never charged and the noise is coming from alternator sprayed WD on it and it stopped lol, it’s a 2007 y61 CRD diesel patrol got to find one tomorrow
Cheers

MudRunnerTD
9th January 2022, 01:37 PM
Ok. I reckon you will have bo trouble sourcing one tomorrow. Ask Nissan for a base line price guide then make a few calls. I would call your local Repco today and see how long to get you one

madchef
9th January 2022, 03:31 PM
Yes will doi got 3 days to get one before work so not to bad, I have just taken it off and OMG I was lucky it was gone bearing on the wheel well there was none. It could move up and down and the middle bolt holding it in was all twisted with the heat no wonder it was making a noise. Going to change the belt also as it probably got hot. Hope it has not done any other damage.

Cheers guys

madchef
10th January 2022, 10:23 AM
I haven been offered an alternator but it’s from a Di would that be the same as a CRD ?

happygu
11th January 2022, 10:02 AM
I haven been offered an alternator but it’s from a Di would that be the same as a CRD ?

I think that you are fairly safe - i checked for one as a spare and it said from 2000 - 2016 ... In all my running around, i haven't had one fail yet - so this is not from experience, but a quick pic from the buyer will pretty much confirm if it is the same as yours.