PDA

View Full Version : SWAPPED CARS. Perth newbie 1998 GU RD28

aus.matt
16th December 2021, 11:47 PM
Hey Forum,

Newbie to Nissans, newbie to Patrols, and newbie to this 1998 GU RD28... but a car nut (my 7th car).

Kinda funny how I ended up with this Patrol. Mate who was FIFO let his Patrol lose rego and get a flat battery.... and work transferred him to Perth so he had a 2055kg paperweight and time poor. He took it over the pits (Govt Transport inspection) for new rego and they ripped him for a list of 30 issues due to a myriad things wrong in the eyes of the Law... from not having front mudflaps, accessories incorrectly wired and "vibration detected on road test". So me having arrived to Perth recently with a 2010 Kia Rio (I drove it across the Nullarbor and a 6000km WA roadtrip) had a perfectly good city runabout - just what my mate needed ASAP, and one night after one too many beers we simply agreed to SWAP cars! Now he's driving to work everyday in a reliable registered blue Kia Rio manual... and I have a Patrol with a huge list of issues.... fair deal right?
So yeah, HI all, thanks for your posts that I'll be now searching through in detail for answers to all my problems haha. Pics attached are from swap day and the as yet unnamed Patrol.

Cheers,
Matt

BrazilianY60
17th December 2021, 04:43 AM
I would have swapped as well!

:cheers:

growler2058
17th December 2021, 08:02 AM
G'day mate, welcome aboard. Reckon ya ripped ya mate off hahahah :)

AB
17th December 2021, 09:38 AM
Welcome to the forum mate!

Stropp
17th December 2021, 09:57 AM
Welcome to the WA side mate, enjoy your troll.

Plasnart
17th December 2021, 12:28 PM
Fair swap! For you anyway :D

Avo
19th December 2021, 07:37 PM
Welcome to the forum

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk