PDA

View Full Version : Son playing Auskick at MCG

chester
2nd August 2011, 10:27 PM
I know im bragging but im pretty excited for my oldest son.He has been picked to play Auskick at half time at the Richmond V Sydney game at the MCG.Gunna wait till it's a bit closer to tell him,don't reckon he would sleep for the next 2 weeks if we told him now.

growler2058
2nd August 2011, 10:29 PM
I know im bragging but im pretty excited for my oldest son.He has been picked to play Auskick at half time at the Richmond V Sydney game at the MCG.Gunna wait till it's a bit closer to tell him,don't reckon he would sleep for the next 2 weeks if we told him now.

Well done mate a proud Dad and rightly so

Maxhead
2nd August 2011, 10:30 PM
well, that would have to be the most exiting thing in the young mens career....

katwoman
2nd August 2011, 10:30 PM
Now, thats exciting.. It's a shame it's not the game I'm going to !!
( Go tiges)

AB
2nd August 2011, 10:31 PM
Wow, definitely don't tell him just yet...lol

Imagine how exciting that would be for a kid...Actually, I would be pretty excited myself to go out onto the G at half time...haha

Sir Roofy
2nd August 2011, 10:36 PM

excellent mate one proud dad just love watching the little tackers having a go at halftime when we go

nowoolies
2nd August 2011, 10:41 PM
congrat`s to you`s
he`s gunna be over the moon

Finly Owner
2nd August 2011, 11:11 PM
Congrats to your son Chester. Let him know that all your forum friends are proud of him.

Tim

chester
3rd August 2011, 09:21 PM
Thanks everyone and Proud of him i am,the wife let it slip tonight so had to tell him,one very excited boy.

chester
11th August 2011, 11:19 PM
Ok people need some help,im driving down on sunday ive driven past the G but never been there.I need to go to gate 6,can anyone tell me where it is and the best way to get to it and also parking.

DX grunt
11th August 2011, 11:24 PM
Good on Chester and your young fella.

Wow! What an intro to local footy and maybe AFL. I'm sure he will never, ever, forget that day.

Well done!

Rossco

katwoman
12th August 2011, 12:42 AM
Ok people need some help,im driving down on sunday ive driven past the G but never been there.I need to go to gate 6,can anyone tell me where it is and the best way to get to it and also parking.

You know where to turn off monash?? Big sign to Punt road..just before tunnel
follow road round and I suppose you'll have to see which gate is open to go in and park.. It's pretty simple.. Park the car, gate 6 is ummmmto the left?? Roofy???
Roofy and/or Jane can correct me if I'm wrong..
Good luck with it. And hope son enjoys himself..

chester
13th August 2011, 03:25 PM
Thanks Kat i know how to get onto punt rd,just never been in to G it's self.

DX grunt
13th August 2011, 07:34 PM
Wouldn't it be absolutely fantastic if the crowd roared like they do on grandfinal day everytime one of the kids kicked a goal?

Ohh. I've got goosebumps thinking about it. Kids and parents would never, ever forget it.

chester
14th August 2011, 09:08 PM
Ok went down today and had a great time,son had a ball playing,only problem was they were on the other side of the field.Managed to get around to the race where they ran out from,Could,nt get to where they were from the members section, bummer.Just watching him come out onto the ground with a smile from ear to ear was great.After they finished they ran around the boundry on there way back to the change rooms high fiveing the crowd.He had an even bigger smile on his face then.
Must admit was proud as punch.
Only got a couple of pic's as he ran out will put them up soon.

chester
20th August 2011, 08:37 PM
Here's a pic's of him at the G. In the red.

Warnie
21st August 2011, 07:20 PM
I got to play for carlton vs collingwood about 15 years ago at the G, it was amazing. Its great to see auskick still gets kids out on the ground and playing on the hallowed turf. Glad your boy had a ripper time.

Woof
21st August 2011, 08:20 PM
He must have been over the moon Chester, such a great thing for a young bloke.......I'm sure that he will never forget it and neither will dad.......:thumbup: