PDA

View Full Version : Is it just the younger generation

timbo2410
6th November 2021, 08:58 PM
OK .. so went to a garage sale today. There was a lovely Toyota rig parked outside the house and the owner was running the garage sale. I said what a great touring rig setup he had (and it was) .. he turns to me and says "yeah and it's better than the piece of shit your driving" .... WTF .. he must have been in his late 20's .. I mean what can ya say to the logic of that? Is it Toyota drivers? is it the youth of today? and the worse part about it is it's not the first time something like this has been said. Is it the hates for Patrols? .. why are people just so upset about the Patrols?

Plasnart
6th November 2021, 09:44 PM
They've bought a badge and not done a comparo on chassis cross-sections, drivetrain sizes or diff pumpkin sizes. Years ago I transitioned from long distance and remote motorbiking to 4x4ing. I whittled my target vehicle down to either a 4.2TD Land Cruiser or a Patrol. My gut feeling (based on zero first hand knowledge) was the Toyota was a better rig. That was until the day I met a 2nd hand 4x4 salesman who had a 75 Series and a GQ parked next to each other. I asked him what's better, Land Cruiser or Patrol? He said what's your opinion? I said LC. He said why? I said ohhh ummm better build, stronger vehicle, ummm actually not sure why. He told me to get down and roll under both vehicles to check chassis, drivetrain and diff sizes. My eyes went the size of dinner plates. Needless to say I left that yard looking only for a Patrol. So your young fella is still oblivious to reality. Don't take offence, feel pity for the poor bloke.

Avo
6th November 2021, 09:57 PM
I have a mates kids that says he'll never own a nissan....probably doesn't want to upgrade....never driven one,never owned one....so he has all the knowledge to give an honest opinion

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

TimE
6th November 2021, 10:07 PM
The world is full of nobs, some drive Toyotas, some are just nobs!

Mcflurry
7th November 2021, 03:41 AM
The world is full of nobs, some drive Toyotas, some are just nobs!Most nobs seem to drive Toyotas out on the tracks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Cuppa
7th November 2021, 07:44 AM
Seems like plain ignorance & rudeness to me. No different to meeting someone for the first time & calling their wife/girlfriend ugly. Even if she were, saying so is just not the done thing unless you are a complete twat!

I love my Patrol, but there are aspects that the Landcruisers do better. Their seating is more comfortable, they dont have a stupid, destined to fail sub tank transfer system, & their low range gear ratios are better. I still believe after owning a 1Hz non turbo troopy that that motor is the best off road motor I have used. Currently I have the use of a 70 series ute with that motor & it has reminded me what a great torquey motor it is. I can pull away in 2nd high on flat ground without touching the accellerator & it doesnt stall!

pearcey
7th November 2021, 08:29 AM
Hey bloke you should drive a TryHard. Had a pootrol for around twenty years. Great vehicle, set it up for what I wanted, needed. Then I made the change to a TryHard. Yep got rubbished from all sides, but hey it was my choice. OK it aint flash as, but it does what I want it to do, and yes it gets used hard, well some times. I take the rubbishing with a grain of salt, as most of these folk have never been or done what I have with their vehicle.
Dont worry about it ,the rubbishing comes from every where even old Grey Nomads.

pollenface
7th November 2021, 09:17 AM
I wonder what he'd had said if you turned up in a datsun 180b.

Hodge
7th November 2021, 03:23 PM
It's a ever-growing ego thing... Ford vs. Holden, Apple vs. Android, Colingwood vs. Carlton...
I copped shit when I drove a ZD30. Now I'm copping shit because I drive a TD42. Lately I'm copping shit because I have a "ancient" TD42 GU Y61 and not a latest greatest best of the best bees knees "bottom-less pockets" Y62.
Take it as a joke... I see it as an Aussie thing to hang shit on someone due being or using something different... Beer under a bridge for me.

wagu89
7th November 2021, 04:54 PM
I cop it all the time with the zd30 comments. People put the commonrails in the same basket as earlier ones. Even had a young bloke yesterday in some dmax or something try tell me my car had a "massive misfire". I just brush others opinion off as I don't care, I know my car and am more than happy with it so that's all that matters!!! Modern day young bloke sees first essential mods as a staino cutsnake flares and an x rox bar but each to they're own i guess!!!!

Ben-e-boy
7th November 2021, 05:39 PM
OK .. so went to a garage sale today. There was a lovely Toyota rig parked outside the house and the owner was running the garage sale. I said what a great touring rig setup he had (and it was) .. he turns to me and says "yeah and it's better than the piece of shit your driving" .... WTF .. he must have been in his late 20's .. I mean what can ya say to the logic of that? Is it Toyota drivers? is it the youth of today? and the worse part about it is it's not the first time something like this has been said. Is it the hates for Patrols? .. why are people just so upset about the Patrols?

I thrive of cockheads like that... hate motivates. Lets go wheeling. You pick the time, I'll pick the track.

Most younger people hate patrols because they used to own one but with crappy mods and aftermarket parts with a sub standard tune that the they treated like crap and ran into the ground and blame the patrol for it

dpetersen
7th November 2021, 07:56 PM
Shoulda said at least I have a working handbrake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jay see
7th November 2021, 07:58 PM
In a past life I did own a oyta. It wasn't a cruiser, but I must admit the low range is brilliant. I've got the same now and that's with 65% reduction gears in the patrol.

On a trip once we oyat owners were driving on the black stuff inbetween tracks about 100 metres with hubs locks and at low psi at about 60 odd ks. A group of patrol guys drove past and we all happened to be on the same channel. We copped the usual shit , like "look they're going flat out"

At the end of it, it's like Hodge said. Carlton Collingwood, Holden ford. I'm a Holden guy, but I can appreciate any good looking car

The young dick at the yard sale is just that a young dick with no respect.

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

mudski
8th November 2021, 06:49 AM
The young dick at the yard sale is just that a young dick with no respect.

Exactly. Seems to be a common thing these days unfortunately.

mudnut
8th November 2021, 11:34 AM
Shoulda dragged him under the vehicles for a comparo. Copped heaps for driving a Patrol in the old 4wd club. Only having a stock RB30, it did lag a bit but it went everywhere they went and it got me home every time and cost half the price!

jay see
8th November 2021, 12:28 PM
Only having a stock RB30, it did lag a bit but it went everywhere they went and it got me home every time and cost half the price!

Same mate, my tb45 gas blower does the same tracks and gets me to and from work everyday, 90 K round trip week in week out.

BrazilianY60
9th November 2021, 12:13 PM
"yeah and it's better than the piece of shit your driving"

To me, this is just plain bad manners, someone that grew up lacking father/grandfather reference.

BrazilianY60
9th November 2021, 12:16 PM
No different to meeting someone for the first time & calling their wife/girlfriend ugly.

Nodding, agreeing with you, then...

Even if she were

LOL!!

BrazilianY60
9th November 2021, 12:18 PM
You pick the time, I'll pick the track.

Say when...
I'll say where.

:icon_victory:

MB
9th November 2021, 08:35 PM
Personally previously drove Toyoda’s (FJ 40’s/45’s/55’s) throughout the Victorian HC for many younger years as an uncomfortable fanboy [emoji23]
Eventually got the shits with spitting full floating axle sticks out into scrub and twisting pinions clean off with tail shaft light rock knocks [emoji51]
Touch wood, haven’t had a single drivetrain issue since converting to Nissan GU/GQ’s and still hauling Mates out with busted 80’s/100’s unfortunately too 🥲
There is a reason alot of Comp Trucks run Nissan gear underneath, Toyoda shells Atop look kinda cool though [emoji23][emoji23]

04OFF
9th November 2021, 09:45 PM
Haha, the "Toyota fanboy" is strong with that one ;)

Many Toyota drivers are cool, but heaps are stuck so far up their own ass its incredible.

Just like my mates Land cruiser, blown turbo/s (12k fix), 12months later blown motor (another 30k) next will surely be the auto gearbox (car will make heaps of new power, and he tows a big van) .......all this, yet NEVER..... will he say one bad word about his "Toyota" (lol)

And the 79 series.......OMG!

I have noticed in some circles, the Y62 clan can be a very over protective bunch of fanboys at times too :eek:

MB
9th November 2021, 09:58 PM
Just cannot fathom having to spend something like an additional near $50k truly needed to get a little 4.5L V8 slapper 79 up to near Vic HC worthy atop of how much startup new? [emoji2961]
Alternators/ground dirt-mud mounted (circa $5k) upgrade, rear axle…..legal, (on track coily flex circa $15+K) before one even starts to get Nissan worthy [emoji23]

MB
9th November 2021, 10:19 PM
FWIW: Get seriously stuck and or unfortunately farked up in the VHC and ‘Reidy’s Recovery & Salvage’ are the ones to call on [emoji106]
A Nissan GQ of theirs will surely winch/drag you back up to their Unimog awaiting a float outa dodge [emoji106][emoji106]
Just left Licola Sunday night and saw their 40” team rolling in tandem again for some helpful poor sods recovery [emoji3590]*🩹[emoji106][emoji106]

goldmariee9
14th January 2022, 07:52 PM
I copped shit when I drove a ZD30. Now I'm copping shit because I drive a TD42. Lately I'm copping shit because I have a "ancient" TD42 GU Y61 and not a latest greatest best of the best bees knees "bottom-less pockets" Y62. get-mobdro.com/home/ (https://get-mobdro.com/home/)

MB
14th January 2022, 09:14 PM
Your TD42 Dinosaur will serve you well GM Mate[emoji106][emoji106]
Never expect it to be the first truck blasting into town but it will see all towns out there twice if you drive it conscientiously [emoji123][emoji123]

garett
15th January 2022, 06:58 PM
i got told why would i want a clunky old GQ, this coming from a middle aged man that drives a ford ranger ..., i still have that clunky old GQ...

Mcflurry
15th January 2022, 07:02 PM
Anyone who is critical of anyone else's choice of 4wd is a flog. No need for it... Unless that choice is an F250 of course.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

mudski
15th January 2022, 09:41 PM
Just ignore it. If it’s not the same vehicle as what as they are driving it’s a bucket of shit accord to them.

I complimented a fellow not long ago about his Prado. It was very nicely setup. His response was” far better than your old bucket”. My response was “ You do know what the Prado is? Land cruisers gay brother!” His partner and people around him were in stitches with laughter. I left him red faced and speechless.

Plasnart
15th January 2022, 09:55 PM
i got told why would i want a clunky old GQ, this coming from a middle aged man that drives a ford ranger ..., i still have that clunky old GQ...

And the Ford Ranger is gone, rusted and rattled out in 1/4 the life of a GQ. :)

jay see
15th January 2022, 10:20 PM
I don't really care what anyone young or old thinks. I like what I've got and it's their problem if they disagree..

Sent from my CPH1921 using Tapatalk

garett
16th January 2022, 04:09 AM
And the Ford Ranger is gone, rusted and rattled out in 1/4 the life of a GQ. :)

he had 2 different rangers, in 4 years. my gq has celebrated its 30th a few years ago...
mind you i have had random people offer to buy it or swap it for their bmw..

but each car has bits that break first, if you own it long enough, loads of guys i spoke to had new Landcruiser every 3 years, they were the best apparently, no car should be breaking in 3 years.

MB
18th January 2022, 11:08 PM
Cannot endure any longer our comfy GQ coily ute, sub 60rwkw, takes us nowhere near truly “smelling the roses” like a Rangger driver……….PERCEPTION [emoji23][emoji106][emoji106]

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/01/166.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/01/167.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/01/168.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/01/169.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/01/170.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/01/171.jpg

pearcey
19th January 2022, 10:32 AM
Hey blokes , you guys need to take shit like me with me TRY HARD. Even Avo was not impressed. Lucky I took it easy. LMFAO.

Avo
19th January 2022, 07:54 PM
Hey blokes , you guys need to take shit like me with me TRY HARD. Even Avo was not impressed. Lucky I took it easy. LMFAO.Your the only krunt I know that's sees a windy road sign with a 30kmh n you take it as 30th fucking gear n flat out....never been to the high country so to speak but fuxk I needed drugs to be strapped in next to you....

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

pearcey
20th January 2022, 12:38 PM
Your the only krunt I know that's sees a windy road sign with a 30kmh n you take it as 30th fucking gear n flat out....never been to the high country so to speak but fuxk I needed drugs to be strapped in next to you....

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Hey, you forgot to say we had the van on the back as well.
Yep that was one top week end, looking forward to the next one.