PDA

View Full Version : Where do the breather tubes end on my 1999 4.5 Pattrol (stock)

Julian G
12th October 2021, 10:15 AM
Hi all, I'm Julian G and new to the forum. I have diff oil leaking from the front axle housing. I've replaced the oil/grease seal and guard one month ago. The leak reappeared again recently. Any suggestions for the fix would be greatly appreciated. Could it be a clogged breather valve? Thanks in advance.

BrazilianY60
12th October 2021, 11:07 AM
Not sure about the 1999 as I understand that is a Y61, but on my Y60, front diff, manual transmission and transfer case breathers all join close to the firewall and a steel tube goes up to the higher side of the inner fender into a rubber grommet. It basically ventilates on the same place where the original airbox/cyclone breathes air in.

Rear diff goes somewhere on the rear end of the car, I have forgoten now where it goes...

Dhuck
12th October 2021, 07:19 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Cuppa
12th October 2021, 07:34 PM
Yep mine used to terminate inside the passenger side front mudguard diffs. IIRC both front & rear. I extended mine to under the bonnet at the bottom of the windscreen.

04OFF
12th October 2021, 08:43 PM
The rear one goes into a rear chassis cross rail tube, the ends are normally blocked off with vented plastic end caps.