PDA

View Full Version : Engine oil leaking from intake manifold

MB TD42
10th October 2021, 09:52 PM
Hey peeps...just got back from a run down the Blackwood to Fitzgerald River National Park and the old TD42 NA started to drone in waves on the way back.

Got home fine but started the rig in the morning and it idled at 700 so I adjusted it.
Noticed black oil seeping g from the join at the front of the intake manifold and the recently replace main seal was leaking again...

Anyone seen anything like this?

After driving to.work n back the rig was now idling at 1000 so I wound the idle down again. It now runs with a wavy droning....just started doing it.

Never been thrashed over 3k n serviced every 5000kms.

Just asking around...

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2021/10/65.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Tip12345
11th October 2021, 08:16 AM
where does the engine breather come into the inlet system ?
does it have excessive crankcase pressure. I think it might be breathing a bit heavy its running on the fumes . disconnect the breather so as to minimise the risk of a run away . dont leave it ideling and walk away !!

mudnut
11th October 2021, 10:35 AM
Has it got a PCV valve? Had the same problem with my Falcon and found a mechanic hadn't connected it properly. It was sucking air instead of scavenging the blow by.

MB TD42
12th October 2021, 12:07 AM
Has it got a PCV valve? Had the same problem with my Falcon and found a mechanic hadn't connected it properly. It was sucking air instead of scavenging the blow by.Will check under the filter box...Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk