PDA

View Full Version : need pic of 28l carby area

element88
2nd August 2011, 11:21 AM
Hi everyone.Im trying to find some one who has a 28l engine.I have a new carby and some of the air lines that connect to the old carb arent on the new one.If anyone has a pic they could upload with the air filter removed so i can see what goes where and what carby it is that would be much appreciated.Ive looked in the manual but seeing as how its a 1980's version there arent any real pics to look at.

cheers guys

Nath

MQ MAD
4th August 2011, 07:22 PM
Are the two carbs the same ???
Sometimes a later model or early model carb dont always have the same air lines or pollution gear

NoBody
5th August 2011, 11:36 AM
I have a 2.8l GQ/GR. But since it's a late 1990's version, there's bound to be differences between mine and yours?

MQ MAD
5th August 2011, 12:56 PM
2.8 L in a GQ/GR ???
We only have the 2.8L diesel in GQ/GU in Australia
IF yours is a diesel itll have a throttle body not a carb

Theres no 2.8L petrol in a GQ
Hence why a 2.8L carb drawing from an older MQ/MK aint helping
Post a pic up,some of the diesel lads could help more

element88
5th August 2011, 01:34 PM
Its a 2.8l petrol 6 cyl. pretty sure its an import.the 2 carbs are different but not by alot....my old mq shorty had the same engine.....its registered as a mq but this is where it lost me. Will post some pics when possible.

NoBody
6th August 2011, 03:02 AM
Ah yes, of course.. Petrol.. Consider that post of mine not posted, please :icon_bonk:

MQ MAD
6th August 2011, 11:56 AM
Its a 2.8l petrol 6 cyl. pretty sure its an import.the 2 carbs are different but not by alot....my old mq shorty had the same engine.....its registered as a mq but this is where it lost me. Will post some pics when possible.

Righto , now we on the same page

Itll be an L28 petrol
Standard in the MQ/Mk range and the nissan "Z" cars

When the pics go up ,ill know whats goin on

element88
11th August 2011, 01:55 PM
ok ive posted several pics in an album on my profile.hope I did it wright,didnt know how to post pics in chat...

Finly Owner
11th August 2011, 11:28 PM
ok ive posted several pics in an album on my profile.hope I did it wright,didnt know how to post pics in chat...
Ok you choose "Go Advanced" and type what you want to say then "Manage Attachments" the rest I think you'll work out.

Tim

Finly Owner
11th August 2011, 11:33 PM
ok so the 2 carbs are differerent

Tim

element88
12th August 2011, 11:08 AM
yeah the two are different,when I put the one on from the wreckers it ran fine,rev was fine etc...started the next day and I had backfire,powerloss etc..fuel is clean as a whistle.?

MQ MAD
13th August 2011, 09:06 AM
Did you replace the in line fuel filter when you changed the carb ???
Also just inside the carb where the fuel line goes in,theres a fine cylinder type filter as well, these can clog up

Mite be a thought, but the L28s can sometimes run ruff as , when the battery is down on power

element88
17th August 2011, 09:28 PM
sorry bout the reply,been away on a trip..yeah i replaced the filter and the other one was clean still...battery seems to start and run car fine...going to check the new plugs and leads to see if there is a problem there..will let u know how it goes.thanks m8

element88
26th August 2011, 08:53 AM
Well my beast is up and running..quiet well i might ad.. threw some carb cleaner through again,took another shot at the air lines and started it up...ran crap for a few kms and the more i put the boot in the clearer it got.I used to have a honda that would do the same thing if it was off the road for more than a month,must just build up a bit of sh!t and needs a good run.anyway thanks for the input guys,much appreciated.

Nath

Bigrig
26th August 2011, 09:19 AM
Glad to hear you sorted it mate!